Sedu/Joico/FHI flat irons are crappy....

Mizani_Mrs

I am really trying to fall in love with flat irons like you ladies have. But i have owned a Sedu which the power cord shorted out and it stopped working, and then i've had a 4inch FHI and it does not close evenly UNLESS I squeeze it... And that basically has been true for every flat-iron that I've owned... my Sedu, my 4inch FHI, and my moms 2inch FHI, my Maxiglide, and my new Joico Kpack flat iron. the corner closes first and it PISSES me off because the price of these irons are highway robbery!!! U mean i'm paying $100 and u can't even get the plates to line up evenly, like my $20 Gold n hot??? I have been dusting my hair over the last few months trying to get them to act right and then i finally realized that they kinda stick out and dont lay straight because I tend to lessen my grip on the flatiron when i get to my ends becuase it ALWAYS snags. I've been frustrated, but now i'm just flat out annoyed and ANGRY. The only flatiron that was totally flat was my Gold n Hot. seriously! WTF!!!

And the icing on the cake.... I guess i've had my Joico flatiron for maybe 5months or so... I probably use it once every 3weeks. Not only does it not close evenly unless i apply lots of pressure, but the steam feature stopped working!!! and the writing on the flatiron came off, so i can barely tell what temp i'm using. AND GET THIS... I JUST NOTICED THAT THERE IS A FREAKIN HALF INCH SCRATCH ON THE PLATE. UGH!!! i'm soooooo done.

Soon as I get my dough up.... I'm getting me a Marcel Featherweight flat-iron... TO HELL WITH THE ELECTRIC (uneven and overpriced) FLATIRONS!!!!!

***Mizani_Mrs ends rant, logs off, and calmly continues getting dressed to go to see Fantasia, Kandi, and Eric Benet as if nothing happened...***

Sorry to hear that but I love my sedu! It hasn't gave me any problems but I don't use it a lot.

Ugh!!! I SOOO WANNA LOVE MINES TOOO!!!!! I tried reeeeeeeally hard to love it and ignore the uneven plates...

Aww that sucks. I LOVE the FHI Platform and the Joico iron. I'm actually selling my Joico iron now though because I don't need 2. The only problem I've noticed with that one is the writing coming off. That is annoying considering they go for up to $200, smh.

How are you storing your irons?

I LOVE my Sedu, i use it almost every week. I have the sedu original model in 1 inch and 1.5 inches.

I hate my Sedu, its nothing special. I was going to buy the fhi, but it now your making me scared too, lol. The best flat iron I have is the babyliss titanium.

Oh yeah, whats this Marcel Featherweight flat-iron you speak of?

I store my iron in a large drawer underneath my bathroom sink... i can't say that I treat it with TLC. Hmmmm. Do u think thats the issue? but hell i treat it the same way I treated my gold n hot iron... :perplexed

Aww that sucks. I LOVE the FHI Platform and the Joico iron. I'm actually selling my Joico iron now though because I don't need 2. The only problem I've noticed with that one is the writing coming off. That is annoying considering they go for up to $200, smh.

How are you storing your irons?

Sorry i got the name of it wrong. It's called the "Feather Flat" iron. By Milstan. It's basically a thermal flatiron that's heated just like a hot/pressing comb. here's the link.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...cussion/246591-milstan-feather-flat-iron.html

I hate my Sedu, its nothing special. I was going to buy the fhi, but it now your making me scared too, lol. The best flat iron I have is the babyliss titanium.

Oh yeah, whats this Marcel Featherweight flat-iron you speak of?

My go to irons are FHI and Maxiglide (the GVP is my backup but it's also a good iron as well). You said you owned a 4-inch FHI or 4 (1-inch FHI)? The largest size FHI comes in is 1 3/4" - depending on where you bought it, you may have gotten a false one. I've never tried the Joico iron. You may want see if your warranty will replace it. I'm so sorry you've been having such bad luck...you'll find the one for you eventually :)

I am really trying to fall in love with flat irons like you ladies have. But i have owned a Sedu which the power cord shorted out and it stopped working, and then i've had a 4inch FHI and it does not close evenly UNLESS I squeeze it... And that basically has been true for every flat-iron that I've owned... my Sedu, my 4inch FHI, and my moms 2inch FHI, my Maxiglide, and my new Joico Kpack flat iron. the corner closes first and it PISSES me off because the price of these irons are highway robbery!!! U mean i'm paying $100 and u can't even get the plates to line up evenly, like my $20 Gold n hot??? I have been dusting my hair over the last few months trying to get them to act right and then i finally realized that they kinda stick out and dont lay straight because I tend to lessen my grip on the flatiron when i get to my ends becuase it ALWAYS snags. I've been frustrated, but now i'm just flat out annoyed and ANGRY. The only flatiron that was totally flat was my Gold n Hot. seriously! WTF!!!

And the icing on the cake.... I guess i've had my Joico flatiron for maybe 5months or so... I probably use it once every 3weeks. Not only does it not close evenly unless i apply lots of pressure, but the steam feature stopped working!!! and the writing on the flatiron came off, so i can barely tell what temp i'm using. AND GET THIS... I JUST NOTICED THAT THERE IS A FREAKIN HALF INCH SCRATCH ON THE PLATE. UGH!!! i'm soooooo done.

Soon as I get my dough up.... I'm getting me a Marcel Featherweight flat-iron... TO HELL WITH THE ELECTRIC (uneven and overpriced) FLATIRONS!!!!!

***Mizani_Mrs ends rant, logs off, and calmly continues getting dressed to go to see Fantasia, Kandi, and Eric Benet as if nothing happened...***

Yea I think you might've gotten a knockoff fhi. Where did u purchase it? I've never seen a 4 inch on their cite... Do u mean the 4/10 size?

sorry to hear that!! My sedu always gave me great results. You might need more moisture in your hair. Do you rollerset before flat ironing?? That's what I do and it works great. Also you shouldn't have to really pass your flat iron on your ends because they're the most fragile part of your hair. Rollersetting should help for that

I liked my Sedu, but mine stopped working too. It's been about three years now and I still occasionally think about getting it fixed simply because it was so expensive.

I also own a FHI. I like it, but I agree that none of them are worth the money. My hair comes out nice, but nothing is better than a press with a hot-comb imho.

You might want to try an Izunami or H2Pro Prest Turbo. They both have floating plates that close evenly and they won't snag your hair. I have both, and I they both worked great back when I was using heat. They also both have temperature control and some kind of technology that keeps the plates heated evenly so you don't get a heat burst and burn your hair

Back