See, this is why I don't grease my scalp

buffyangelfan2

See, this is why I don\'t grease my scalp

I never use hair grease on my scalp. I just spray olive oil sheen on it and leave it at that. When I grease my scalp, I always have a major problem with itching so I decided a long time ago to stop. But yesterday, for some reason I decided to go ahead and grease my scalp. I felt maybe, it was just a phase my scalp was going through and that after all this time I would be able to handle it. Well, I ended up staying up half the night scratching my head. Now my scalp is all sore. My beautician always gets a little heated at me because I flat out REFUSE to let her put hair grease on my scalp. I have used all types of different greases but for some reason, my scalp can't handle it. So I got up this morning and washed my hair for the second straight day to rinse the oil off my scalp. Now I feel so much better.

soulchild

Re: See, this is why I don\'t grease my scalp

Most times our scalp produces it's own oils such that greasing is totally uncessasary. I don't really apply anything on my scalp and it is just fine.

Marseeya

I'm not big on greasing the scalp but when I do I use a wonderful product called BLACK & BOSSIE by Kalawentz; I found it to be extremely light, practically melts on contact and leaves a really nice sheen on the hair, the fragrance is nice too. I bought my from a BSS in Jersey but now that I'm living in Virginia I haven't been able to find it, so I call the supplier or a family member up north and its sent to me

AnjelLuvs

well i put sumthing on my scalp a day or two before I wash which was reccommended by this beautican I went to one time. she said that my scalp was really flaky after my wash. I agreed ever since I have been at least putting a lil oil on my scalp no grease. I usually use WGO OR some jojobo(sp?) oil

missykeyana

I don't think it's a problem if you don't grease your scalp....I stopped years ago and my hair is fine. When I greased my scalp, it seemed like my hair developed build-up and felt dirtier quicker.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
I don't think it's a problem if you don't grease your scalp....I stopped years ago and my hair is fine. When I greased my scalp, it seemed like my hair developed build-up and felt dirtier quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here, if I feel the need to put anything on my scalp, I use jojobal oil...and that's once in a while.

buffyangelfan2

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
What type of grease did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the light Sulphur 8. But I also have used Blue Magic and other brands.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I don't grease my scalp either. I don't feel it is necessary for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

CaramelKiss

I stopped greasing my scalp eons ago. I will only do it when I'm applying a hot oil treatment (as a scalp massage) before shampooing. My scalp is oily enough and I get the itchies big time when I do. If u don't need it, then don't do it.

adrienne0914

i don't consider putting a light oil greasing the scalp. the reason is light oils allow it to breathe, while grease and petroleum products don't. i never grease my scalp, and like caramelkiss, i only oil it before a hot oil treatment.

sweetcocoa

I haven't greased my scalp since I started coming to the forums online. My scalp does so much better now...no itching, flaking or bumps.

adrienne0914

SWEETCOCOA!!!!! i was just wondering to myself the other day where you were. welcome back!

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
SWEETCOCOA!!!!! i was just wondering to myself the other day where you were. welcome back!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Addrienne! It feels good to be back. I'm so 'rusty' though, I can't figure out how to link to my pics anymore...but I'm working on it. Thanks for the 'welcome back'....

ChocoLatte

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I don't grease my scalp either. I don't feel it is necessary for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!!

G

I feel like my scalp needs to be greased but it always itches so bad that I can't grease it. Generally, I just have to wash it instead.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Hey Sweets! Good to see you posting again!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Pebbles!