Seeking Advice please.

IntoMyhair

I have a question I'm taking out my twists and pre pooing with ors hair mayo but I'm not sure what my dc should be .It's between Silicon mix or Salerm wheat germ mask. Should I just stick with the trustful ntm mask which has stopped giving me the lil slip it used to (i have a nice bit of new growth and need some slippage :grin: ).

After using the hair mayo I need something good with moisture. I've never used those products I thought maybe you guys could point me in the direction of which is best for a moisturizing conditioner after my protein treatment.

any suggestions TIA

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I've tried them all :look: and they are all good products, but for this occasion my vote goes to the salerm wheat germ mask.

wheezy807

That's a good question. ITA that you should use a moisturizing deep conditioner if you prepooed with ors mayo. But then again, i would opt for something with slip. Hmmm?

IntoMyhair

That's a good question. ITA that you should use a moisturizing deep conditioner if you prepooed with ors mayo. But then again, i would opt for something with slip. Hmmm?

I could do a oil rinse before putting on the salerm to aid in slippage hmmm
that just popped into my head lol

wheezy807

That sounds good, is the salerm wheat germ mask moisturizing or is it on the protein side? Probably moisturizing being a mask in all?

IntoMyhair

@ Whezzy. I just did a search and everyone said it's moisturizing
now hopefull it will work on my 4b hair
cause i tried salerm21 and it did nothing for me

so the wheat mask is what i'll use **fingers crossed everything turns out good**

Thanks ladys

Last edited:

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Well if you looking for the ultimate slippage then you may want to go with the silicon mix. I just figured that the salerm would balance out your protein treatment a lil better since the silcon mix has keratin protein (tho I'm not sure of the concentration it contains)

wheezy807

@ Whezzy. I just did a search and everyone said it's moisturizing
now hopefull it will work on my 4b hair
cause i tried salerm21 and it did nothing for me

so the wheat mask is what i'll use **fingers crossed everything turns out good**

Thanks ladys
Ditto, please keep us updated.

IntoMyhair

Well if you looking for the ultimate slippage then you may want to go with the silicon mix. I just figured that the salerm would balance out your protein treatment a lil better since the silcon mix has keratin protein (tho I'm not sure of the concentration it contains)

your right i must have over looked that *go figure*

but the PJ in me got a dominian rinse so maybe this will help if the salerm goes wrong

i just want to try everything lol

*tearfully putting the silicon mix back on the shelf*

IntoMyhair

Bumping for an update

Girl I'm still going at it. I have like 75% taken out I should be shampooing and stuff tonight after I put the kids to bed.

I may have to switch to plaits because my hair becomes twisted around the 2 sections of hair so i have to carefully pull the strands out without causing breakage

I will not be making my next set of twists/plaits this small.

wheezy807

Girl I'm still going at it. I have like 75% taken out I should be shampooing and stuff tonight after I put the kids to bed.

I may have to switch to plaits because my hair becomes twisted around the 2 sections of hair so i have to carefully pull the strands out without causing breakage

I will not be making my next set of twists/plaits this small.

Oh, wow. OK i let you do your thang! Remember, be patient and careful.

IntoMyhair

silicon NOT!

It did not work on my hair, now I have to detangle this nest with out losing to much hair

or start all over

I'll be back later with a better detail of what it did not do

right now i have to go into battle with my head

caribgirl

I'm so sorry. I didn't read this post until now. I would have made you use the wheat germ mask :lachen:. Try using EVOO and the wheat germ mask. Cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20 mins., then try combing out under the shower. If it is still a little tangled, hopefully you have some CON detang. shampoo that you can use.
Keep us posted girl!:grin:

IntoMyhair

I'm so sorry. I didn't read this post until now. I would have made you use the wheat germ mask :lachen:. Try using EVOO and the wheat germ mask. Cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20 mins., then try combing out under the shower. If it is still a little tangled, hopefully you have some CON detang. shampoo that you can use.
Keep us posted girl!:grin:

Will con work for my tangles and matting?

I am so tired from going to bed late these last 3 days fooling with taking out those twists

wheezy807

I am so tired from going to bed late these last 3 days fooling with taking out those twists

I thought you were going to do a oil rinse, add some type of oil to a conditioner- don't torment yourself.

caribgirl

Oh girl,

I know how you feel. I agree with wheezy, don't torment yourself. Try the conditioner mixed w/ oil and see how well it goes.

IntoMyhair

ok I tried to detangle at first after washing the first time (i used clarified than used mtg deep moisturizing poo than silicon mix which left my hair soft but coated feeling i rinsed out that than deep conditioned with the wheat germ mask 25 minutes with heat and plastic cap which after rinsing my hair felt like straw a
i sprayed f 619 and used my leave in which was rusk smoother
i tried to detangle that was not working i looked at the broad than say the post about using con and oil rinsing ( even though i did a good job these last days of getting out the shed hairs using redplam and olive butter my hair still tangled and matted around the texlaxed parts)

i re clarified to get that junk off my strands than used con which detangled but did nothing for my matts (i still had red plam and olive butter on my had when i first went in to rewash the second time which my hair felt like butter for the first few seconds before applying the clarifying poo ) anyway i used con detangling poo got no where with that than started to do a oil rinse with evoo and redpalm butter my hair was so soft when i went to rinse it out that i did not deep condition didn't get to the part of rinsing out the oil and applying the deep con so

the oil rinsed saved me good lord thank god i last relax in july so i have a nice amount of new growth

the silicon mix, wheat germ and dom rinse did nothing for my hair and i did clerify to get a good idea on if these products would work for me
and whats funny is I'm 4 a/b i could tell the mix detangled my coily hair but my wavy taxlaxed parts it could not do anything for

but i bet it will work on my daughters hair lol

thanks ladies

wheezy807

ok I tried to detangle at first after washing the first time (i used clarified than used mtg deep moisturizing poo than silicon mix which left my hair soft but coated feeling i rinsed out that than deep conditioned with the wheat germ mask 25 minutes with heat and plastic cap which after rinsing my hair felt like straw a
i tried to detangle that was not working i looked at the broad than say the post about using con and oil rinsing ( even though i did a good job these last days of getting out the shed hairs using redplam and olive butter my hair still tangled and matted around the texlaxed parts)

i re clarified to get that junk off my strands than used con which detangled but did nothing for my matts (i still had red plam and olive butter on my had when i first went in to rewash the second time which my hair felt like butter for the first few seconds before applying the clarifying poo ) anyway i used con detangling poo got no where with that than started to do a oil rinse with evoo and redpalm butter my hair was so soft when i went to rinse it out that i did not deep condition didn't get to the part of rinsing out the oil and applying the deep con so

the oil rinsed saved me good lord thank god i last relax in july so i have a nice amount of new growth

the silicon mix, wheat germ and dom rinse did nothing for my hair and i did clerify to get a good idea on if these products would work for me
and whats funny is I'm 4 a/b i could tell the mix detangled my coily hair but my wavy taxlaxed parts it could not do anything for

thanks ladies

Thank you, i was on pins and needles over here. Glad everything worked out!

caribgirl

thanks ladies

Yeah!!!! I'm glad that you conquered those twists!!!!!:grin::grin: