Self installed box braids, first attempt!

Afrobuttafly

SO BEAUTIFUL.:blush:

Its ok if I steal your hairstyle right?:look:

Is it ok? YES! In fact, I encourage it! lol Thanks so much.

I say its gorgeous. Does not look like a first attempt. I wish I had your patience! :yep:

Let me tell you, it took a lot of patience to get through these. I got uber frustrated at times, but I did them over the course of 2 days and stay determined. Thanks!

I absolutely love braids! I have them in now bc final exams are coming up and I need not be worrying about my hair besides oiling and moisturizing and keep it moving.

I need to learn how to do my own braids so I can redo my edges on my own....but you will probably never catch me do my own full head

HATS OFF TO YOU THEN LOOK GOOD!!

Thank you! I never thought I would be able to do my own full head either. I pleasantly surprised myself. :)

Great job they look awesome! Positive aspect of doing it yourself is that you don't have to ask anyone to stop raking a fine tooth comb through your hair, or trying to braid your edges into oblivion. :lol: You did very good for your first attempt. I have no patience for braiding my own hair, especially since I wouldn't be able to keep it in long. This set looks really good, and I'm sure you will just get better and better with practice. :yep:

LOL @ the bolded. I know right. I am going to keep practicing now that I know I am capable and hope I get better for sure. Thank you.

Wow your braids look fantastic! I tried doing my own kinky twists one time, they came out looking like dreads EPIC FAIL

I tried doing a kinky twist on my friend's hair, ultimate fail..lol But I will try again at some point. Thanks love.

Good job! What acute pie you are too : )

Awww...thank you!!!!! :blush:

I love ur braids!!!

Thank you so much!! That means a lot coming from you. :grin:

OP, you did a great job! They look fabulous!
Thank you! I am just so proud of myself for sticking with it. And your comments only make me feel even better. :yep:

You did a very nice job, can't believe this was your first attempt at it.

Thanks, I can't believe they came out as well as they did on my first try either. Yay me!!!!!!

A Big Thanks
to everyone. You ladies make me smile a mile wide. :grin:

aviddiva77

First of WOW. For your first time you did a beautiful job (hell for you millionth time you did a beautiful job lol)

Second where in the world did you find hair for .69 a pack? The cheapest I found was 5 packs for 10 dollars (of course I live in Cali too lol)

Third do you have natural hair? And if so did you blow dry your hair before doing your braids?

Qurlyqt

Girl, you've got MAD skills! I can't believe this is your first time doing this. You did an amazing job!

Proudpiscean

You did a great job!
I used to do my own micro braids way back in the 90's and somewhere along the way I lost my patience for doing braids. I was just thinking of doing the crown & glory method for 2012, but I was going to pay to get my braids done; however, you inspired me to do my own braids again (not micros though), thanks! :yep:

Afrobuttafly

First of WOW. For your first time you did a beautiful job (hell for you millionth time you did a beautiful job lol)

Second where in the world did you find hair for .69 a pack? The cheapest I found was 5 packs for 10 dollars (of course I live in Cali too lol)

Third do you have natural hair? And if so did you blow dry your hair before doing your braids?

aviddiva77
Thank you!!!!!! LOL @ for my millionth time :lol:
I live in FL and we have a Beauty supply store called Beauty Max and that's where I got the Bijoux yaki braid hair for .79 a pack. I was shocked myself. Yes I am natural and no i did not blow dry my hair prior to braiding. I basically never blow dry my hair. If I want to stretch my hair I just wash it then braid it up and let it dry overnight and undo the braids the next day.