Self relaxers - Important info

yardgirl

His technique makes a whole lot of sense. This would work for me while my hair is in braids. Definitely something to consider trying.

Ms Kain

good thread...

any updates about this guy?

I know....I was thinking the same thing.

This post has been up for 3 years and several people have asked for his information. We don't want his home address, telephone number, social security number or blood type or anything but a name might be helpful. He sounds like a professional and what professional wouldn't want at least his name out there?

Hmmmm.....makes you wonder........?:rolleyes:

sunnieb

This is an interesting relaxing technique. I might try to start this when I self-relax again on Sept. 30.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Makes great sense to me...I use this line of thinking to keep my hair closer to bone straight:ohwell:

BonBon88

Good bump @BonBon88!

I started slightly underprocessing and it works to maintain thickness. The salon had me way too straight.

Indeed! Most of these salons are just carrying out a task and not actually caring for your hair - you can tell by how limp and processed it is. I just relaxed my hair a week ago and it came out perfectly. I use Phyto II which is gentle (imo) anyway and maintains the integrity of the hair. I always underprocess.