@Tibbar - I know this is a voting thread but may has well use it to do what we hope the sub-forum will do - provide support and help on the topic.
Have you checked or considered the following:
Speaking of Finasteride - ladies who are pregnant, considering pregnancy or still of child bearing age - please be careful! If your significant other, husband, companion, etc. is taking the medication - do not touch or handle the tablets. Do not come in direct contact with them as you put any pregnancy (existing or future) and unborn child at risk with this exposure.
- Zinc level? (a deficiency can trigger and/or increase hair loss)
- Vitamin D Level ( a deficiency can trigger and/or increase hair loss. Due to our dark skin tone and because we don't spend time in the sun soaking up Vitamin D, AA are at higher risk of Vitamin D deficiency. Also, postmenopausal women are usually lactose intolerant and as we age we don't consume Vitamin D rich foods (i.e. salmon, [ a vitamin d superfood], tuna, milk, yogurt))
- Do you have enough protein (consumed not topical) in your diet? Protein is building block for strong hair, nails, skin etc.
- Have you researched PRP? Acell? (Check out my thread on it: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/platelet-rich-plasma-prp-for-androgenic-alopecia.761665/)
- Emu Oil and Copper Peptides for hair thinning.
- If you are POSTMENOPAUSAL - finasteride (predominantly used by males for mpb) has been reported to treat female hair loss. Please note emphasis on POSTMENOPAUSAL - if your are not - stay away from finasteride as it can cause birth defects.
@ilong thanks for all of these wonderful suggestions.... I am dealing with a medical issue now and I am going to concentrate on that first but once I get that under control, I will be looking into any and everything to resolve this....Can't deal with this, because thick hair was my one claim to fame...