Sept 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:lachen:

I knew you would feel that way. LOL!

But . . . I really need to keep with putting ayurvedic ingredients on my strands if I'm going to maintain my ability to do my hair and FORGET ABOUT IT.

I felt like if I put Blue Magic on my hair, no ayurvedic ingredients would have a chance of penetrating.

But . . . but . . . If this ayurvedic balm/pomade doesn't do my hair well, Blue Magic it is!!!! :kiss:

It's a deal!!!:bighug::kiss:

Eta: I didn't like that gif lol. Thank you for laughing with me !!! @YvetteWithJoy

Last edited:

Aggie

@AdoraAdora24 has been touting the benefits of grease on the hair. This is one of the only ayurvedic ones I could find.

INGREDIENTS: Sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Beeswax, Shea butter, Mango Butter, Castor Oil, Rosemary extract, Lavender essential oil, Neem Extract, Honey, Green Tea, Capsicum, Bhringaraj, Marshmallow root, and Calendula extract

[/QUOTE]

SO, You couldn't just had walked down the street to grab some Blue Magic for $2.25-$3.00 could you? COULD YOU!

:D[/QUOTE]
:lachen:

Aggie

Morning Ladies - still nothing hair related was purchased. Still holding strong on my September No Buy Challenge for now.

I Will probably be getting my ayurveda powders and possibly some rhassoul and bentonite clay at the end of this month or at the beginning of October.

I like how my hair is responding to these powders at the moment so I'll attempt to keep it up for at least 6 months to see just how beneficial they are for my hair.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
From Jakeala
Shiloh Ayurvedic Hair Balm

@AdoraAdora24 has been touting the benefits of grease on the hair. This is one of the only ayurvedic ones I could find.

INGREDIENTS: Sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Beeswax, Shea butter, Mango Butter, Castor Oil, Rosemary extract, Lavender essential oil, Neem Extract, Honey, Green Tea, Capsicum, Bhringaraj, Marshmallow root, and Calendula extract

I wanna hack this :yep:

Aggie

Okay I just purchased some powders from myhenna.us a minute ago because they sent me a 10% 0ff coupon with free shipping of $50 or more to encourage me to purchase. They don't usually offer more than 5% discount so I purchased:

3 boxes of Jamila Henna
2 packs of Nupur Henna
3 boxes of Amla Powder
2 boxes of Brahmi Powder
4 boxes of Rose Petal Powder
3 boxes of Zenia Indigo Powder
1 box of Shikakai powder

The total for my purchase was only $45.72 and this price include the coupon and free shipping cost. I needed all these powders anyway so Yippee! Great savings right here.

I don't think I will need any more of these powders for the remainder of the year. I do have some other powders and clay powders that I need to get by black Friday however.

I need Moringa, Curry Leaves and Aloe powders next along with some African Black Soap. I may or may not buy clay powders. I need to get some stuff out of my stash before I venture into the DIY clay washing and conditioning. I still have 3 jars of JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Wash on hand, so I can wait.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
How are yall liking your slap caps? How do you wear them?

I really, really like mine, @Sally.

I take a little hair in the front and let it stick out like some bangs, and then I cover with the SLAP cap whatever I got going on with the rest of my hair. :lol: I pull the cap back to let a little of my hair at the front show, and to allow the cap to hang down in the back.

It is EXCELLENT in a pinch, and it does not look bad. It takes even less time to don than a wig. I feel I look presentable in it, especially when my eyebrows and lip tint are on point.

I tried using it at night at first. I'd rather sleep in a silk bonnet: My SLAP sometime came off during the night, and at other times I felt it was moving around and rubbing against my hair. I did order the large SLAP caps, though. Maybe a smaller one would have worked better overnight, I don't know. Fact still remains that wearing it at night wore my first one down (it got fuzzies very quickly). I'd much rather use the SLAP to help me be presentable when out and about than to let it get worn down from my twisting and turning at night. That's just me, though, because some people LOVE IT for night protection.

Sally.

I really, really like mine, @Sally.

I take a little hair in the front and let it stick out like some bangs, and then I cover with the SLAP cap whatever I got going on with the rest of my hair. I pull the cap back to let a little of my hair at the front show, and to allow the cap to hang down in the back.

It is EXCELLENT in a pinch, and it does not look bad. It takes even less time to don than a wig. I feel I look presentable in it, especially when my eyebrows and lip tint are on point.

I tried using it at night at first. I'd rather sleep in a silk bonnet: My SLAP sometime came off during the night, and at other times I felt it was moving around and rubbing against my hair. I did order the large SLAP caps, though. Maybe a smaller one would have worked better overnight, I don't know. Fact still remains that wearing it at night wore my first one down (it got fuzzies very quickly). I'd much rather use the SLAP to help me be presentable when out and about than to let it get worn down from my twisting and turning at night. That's just me, though, because some people LOVE IT for night protection.
thanks for that review! i am about to order it! :lol: it doesn't take much to convince me to part with my money, especially when it comes to hair. where do you order it from and what code did you use to get the B1G1 Free + no shipping?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
thanks for that review! i am about to order it! :lol: it doesn't take much to convince me to part with my money, especially when it comes to hair. where do you order it from and what code did you use to get the B1G1 Free + no shipping?

YW! I hope you like it! If not, you can gift it to someone! :smile:

I ordered mine from her website, and I can't recall if there was a code or not. I think it was just a time-sensitive sale she was doing. Here's the link to her website: https://www.graceeleyae.com/

beautyaddict1913

Okay I just purchased some powders from myhenna.us a minute ago because they sent me a 10% 0ff coupon with free shipping of $50 or more to encourage me to purchase. They don't usually offer more than 5% discount so I purchased:

3 boxes of Jamila Henna
2 packs of Nupur Henna
3 boxes of Amla Powder
2 boxes of Brahmi Powder
1 box of Shikakai powder

The total for my purchase was only $45.72 and this price include the coupon and free shipping cost. I needed all these powders anyway so Yippee! Great savings right here.

I don't think I will need any more of these powders for the remainder of the year. I do have some other powders and clay powders that I need to get by black Friday however.

I need Moringa, Curry Leaves and Aloe powders next along with some African Black Soap. I may or may not buy clay powders. I need to get some stuff out of my stash before I venture into the DIY clay washing and conditioning. I still have 3 jars of JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Wash on hand, so I can wait.
Are you considering a mostly Ayurvedic regimen?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

3 boxes of Jamila Henna
2 packs of Nupur Henna
3 boxes of Amla Powder
2 boxes of Brahmi Powder
1 box of Shikakai powder

Good score @Aggie ! Im off to look..purely for research purposes :look: :abducted:

Aggie

Are you considering a mostly Ayurvedic regimen?
I want to incorporate them into my regimen by doing ayurveda treatments every two weeks. So it will be one week with my regular deep conditioning and one week of ayurveda treatments. Plus I use Curly Proverbz growth oil every week so I need to keep my powders on hand for that.

Last edited: