Sept-nov No Buy Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@YvetteWithJoy I see you are thinking about a bkt. It's easy enough to diy and it would save you some serious cash. I got 2 treatments out of a 4oz bottle and I still have 1 remaining. I only paid $70 for the kit (includes clarifying shampoo and regular shampoo).

Plus you can control the heat and number of passes if you do it at home.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy I see you are thinking about a bkt. It's easy enough to diy and it would save you some serious cash. I got 2 treatments out of a 4oz bottle and I still have 1 remaining. I only paid $70 for the kit (includes clarifying shampoo and regular shampoo).

Plus you can control the heat and number of passes if you do it at home.

Ooooo! Enjoy the BSS. The next time I stop by the BSS, I'm getting a bottle of Netwurks. That's DEFINITELY a purchase that is about hair health, and not PJism, in my opinion. :yep:

Yeah . . . people have me scared of getting a BKT. I had one before and had zero trouble, but my hair was short back then.

I'm over my hair. :nono: I can't do it anymore. I give! The knots and webbing and tangling really scare me into thinking my hair is going to be un-detangle-able after a while. I don't see how that can be healthy or how I can reach my hair length goals this way.

People tell me the culprit is that I'm washing and going. Sigh. If I have to straighten my natural hair all the time to keep it from tangling . . . and if trying to loosen the pattern a little with a BKT isn't an option . . . and if texlaxing is a huge problem because it'll still tangle . . . then I guess I'll just return to relaxing. I hope I don't lose any more of my edges once I start.

Yeah. I'm outdone! :lol: I'm letting go. If relaxing is the wrong move, I'll start over and transition back to natural and just keep a TWA and wig it, I guess.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Girl wash and go's are a no no for super curly hair. I did them during my twa phase, but eventually the knots frustrated me and I started keeping my hair straight or braided under a wig. I would still be neck length fooling with wash n go's :nono:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I had the smallest haul I ever done. It was mostly due to my purchasing a very expensive "demi permanent deep conditioner" kit. I also bought a few brushes and an anhydrous heat protectant/anti humectant. I can't wait to try it out. I decided not to buy any more products until I finish what I have. Vitale Pro is working so well so why stop now?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The Bss didn't have Netwurks21, but I got a beautiful matte lip gloss. I'll try one more store and if I don't find it I will order from House of Beauty.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had the smallest haul I ever done. It was mostly due to my purchasing a very expensive "demi permanent deep conditioner" kit. I also bought a few brushes and an anhydrous heat protectant/anti humectant. I can't wait to try it out. I decided not to buy any more products until I finish what I have. Vitale Pro is working so well so why stop now?
What is a demi permanent dc?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Since 85% of the stash will be purged and donated as of tomorrow . . .
. . . and since I bought the $60 standing steamer instead of the $260 one I really wanted . . .
. . . and because someone shared a video demo-ing a fast MHM and I want to try it with these products . . .

From Jakeala:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo in teatree mint eo
2. Honey Rhassoul Hair Mask in sweet potato pie
3. Beer Conditioner (Cupuacu Bamboo Babassu Biotin)
4. Flaxseed gel in sweet potato pie and ocean air

Thermal Conditioning cap so I can stop having to stay trapped under my hooded dryer when DC-ing

Aggie

Brazillian Professionals. It's from the same people who make brazillian blowout. There are the B3 vials that you help use with color and the b3 demi permanent conditioner. They are 2 different products

Okay thanks @Napp.

This is the same company that came to the Bahamas about 3 weeks ago to do a demo for beauticians here. I attended it and I can get it right here OTG, thank God.

Hurricane Matthew came and put a monkey wrench in everyone's schedule but we are almost back on track so we will be looking into getting the system for my salon.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Okay thanks @Napp.

This is the same company that came to the Bahamas about 3 weeks ago to do a demo for beauticians here. I attended it and I can get it right here OTG, thank God.

Hurricane Matthew came and put a monkey wrench in everyone's schedule but we are almost back on track so we will be looking into getting the system for my salon.

I'm so excited to try this! I went looking for reviews and got ones about the bond builder and I thought it was the same thing. It seems that stylists are raving about it but it's unknown to the general public.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The Bss didn't have Netwurks21, but I got a beautiful matte lip gloss. I'll try one more store and if I don't find it I will order from House of Beauty.

If you can't find it locally, I now support ordering online or getting it the best way you can. I received mine Tuesday so I've been applying it to my brows for the last 2 nights. They are already noticeably thicker with hair growing in places that had been permanently damaged from years of over waxing and over tweezing. I need to stock up before the rest of the world, LHCF and it's lurkers buy it all up. I plan on using it on my hair soon. I was going to dilute it but now plan on using it straight up for 3-4 days a week then taking the rest of the week off to give my scalp a break. I'm just waiting until I get in the mood to roller set so I can accurately track my growth.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
If you can't find it locally, I now support ordering online or getting it the best way you can. I received mine Tuesday so I've been applying it to my brows for the last 2 nights. They are already noticeably thicker with hair growing in places that had been permanently damaged from years of over waxing and over tweezing. I need to stock up before the rest of the world, LHCF and it's lurkers buy it all up. I plan on using it on my hair soon. I was going to dilute it but now plan on using it straight up for 3-4 days a week then taking the rest of the week off to give my scalp a break. I'm just waiting until I get in the mood to roller set so I can accurately track my growth.

Wow!!!

Okay: I'm going to get this TODAY. I've been hesitating because of a few ingredients, but if I can start growing back my edges over the next 2 months, I will do the whip and nae nae to a made-up song about it! This from a chick about whom it can't quite be said she's actually dancing when she moves.

Thanks for sharing, @lulu97. :kiss:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I went ahead and ordered 2 bottles. My brows could use some thickening too. They are naturally really fine and so are my lashes. I'll start putting castor oil on my lashes and Netwurks21 on my brows.

I'm wearing my hair straight right now so a water based growth aid will cause reversion. I have to wait until my bkt wears off a bit.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My natural growth rate is 3 inches a year. I admit I did not drink water and I lived off of fast food and junk until recently.

I can already tell a difference in the health and strength of my hair. I might get closer to 5 inches a year if I keep up with clean eating and water.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I went ahead and ordered 2 bottles. My brows could use some thickening too. They are naturally really fine and so are my lashes. I'll start putting castor oil on my lashes and Netwurks21 on my brows.

I'm wearing my hair straight right now so a water based growth aid will cause reversion. I have to wait until my bkt wears off a bit.
I heard the cream doesn't effect a straightening as much as the spray

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I noticed that I use way less dc now that I have a bkt. I use half of what I used to, so my stash will last for at least 6-8 more months.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I noticed that I use way less dc now that I have a bkt. I use half of what I used to, so my stash will last for at least 6-8 more months.

I think me and u are the only ones who still bkt on this board LOL I'm stretching so I can have a length reveal at the end of the year but I might do it earlier.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think me and u are the only ones who still bkt on this board LOL I'm stretching so I can have a length reveal at the end of the year but I might do it earlier.
My hair feels magical so I don't ever want to stop. I do them every 2 months. Today was my first wash (post bkt #2). I used Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner and I'm doing a dc with Chroma Captive.

My texture is still there, but my hair has so much slip and the bulk/frizz is gone. I don't plan on using heat again until Thanksgiving.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The steamer arrived. It has no stand/pipe and no screws. It's totally unusable. Oh, well. :smile:

On a happier note, today I love, love, love my hair. Per recommendation, I mixed SM CES with CRN Curl Maker and applied in sections. Then for some reason I decided to side part, pull out some bangs, and put my hair in a downward ponytail (puff). I air dried to about 80% dryness, then shaped and let the hair finish drying. I really, really like it!

(Photos enlarge upon click.)

2016_10_20WNG_SMCESandCRNCurlMaker_1.png 2016_10_20WNG_SMCESandCRNCurlMaker_1a.png

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

I'm feeling PRETTY PEACEFUL: I am now officially DONE with purchasing or trialing everything that was on my list of things I must try before permitting myself to re-relax my hair. I feel like a HUGE weight is lifted off of my shoulders. SO much mental space is now freed up. :smile:

An another note: I've been encouraged to try the MHM specifically as originally recommended to see if that helps with my hair's webbing and tangling. I've decided it's a worth a go before relaxing, especially if it does help with all of that . . . especially now that I have figured out how to style my wngo's such that I love my hair.

The only thing: Before doing it, I need to do a full detangle. That's like 2-3 hours of life/time. Deep breath in, deep breath out. :smile: