Sept-nov No Buy Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Next wash day is pretty much planned out for Thursday. It's time to shampoo so I'm using Ion with some rosemary and peppermint oil added. Then I will dc with Masquintense for 20 minutes.

Hopefully my Netwurks21 spray is here before then...

Aggie

I definitely will be be deep conditioning my hair tomorrow but have no clue what i will be using, I do want to finish up some almost empty DCs, so I will search my stash and update later.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
How's everyone doing?

I just joined the "Use Up Your Stash 2016" challenge. It pairs nicely with this one.

I'm editing my post there in stages. My first step was to just jot products down and list them by type and effectiveness and repurchase-worthiness and so forth.

I know that my stash is 3 years old and counting, but guys, I have 30 products listed that I hardly use at the moment. I have to let go of a lot of those and let people use them who need them. My second step will be to trial products in that 30 that I'm struggling to let go of then move them to the donation pile as soon as I know they are not great or good to keep around as a safety net / backup.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How's everyone doing?

I just joined the "Use Up Your Stash 2016" challenge. It pairs nicely with this one.

I'm editing my post there in stages. My first step was to just jot products down and list them by type and effectiveness and repurchase-worthiness and so forth.

I know that my stash is 3 years old and counting, but guys, I have 30 products listed that I hardly use at the moment. I have to let go of a lot of those and let people use them who need them. My second step will be to trial products in that 30 that I'm struggling to let go of then move them to the donation pile as soon as I know they are not great or good to keep around as a safety net / backup.
I'm fine thanks! I'll be better once I receive the rosemary oil and Netwurks21 that I ordered...

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm fine thanks! I'll be better once I receive the rosemary oil and Netwurks21 that I ordered...

I feel you. :yep:

I, too ordered the Netwurks spray. I also ordered the custard to try: I like the science behind it all and LHCF pics and reviews of the spray have me encouraged, so I'm wondering if the custard can help my ends. I wanted to trial it before getting antsy to purchase gels I've really wanted to trial.

I will feel better once the Ebay seller who sold me a stand-less standing steamer contacts me back. The first email was very poorly written and made me feel a little . . . concerned. :laugh: Good thing I purchased through PayPal and can resolve things that way if I end up needing to do so.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm still going strong. Today I used up 1 Joico MR balm. I have 2 backups. Normally when I get down to 2, I start heading to the store to stock up on more. (It's my #1 DC and the only one I'm repurchasing going forward)

I had a moment of panic when I saw only 2 left but I let it pass. I had to tell myself that I have different DC's to use up. Plus I don't plan on washing my hair for the next 3-4 weeks anyway. No rush to repurchase.

I'll have to go back and check my stats but I THINK I'm up to 14 or 15 products that I used up.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I love the wayy hair feels after I use Densite thickening mask:gorgeous:. I only have enough for 1 or 2 more treatments. I could get a travel size bottle of it to get me through the year, or I can just wait until lookfantastic sends me another coupon code and get the big jar. The travel size is inexpensive and Kerastase will give me 3 more samples. Decisions decisions...

Eta lookfantastic is out and Kerastase website no longer has the mini sizes available. I found it on groupon at a deep discount, but I'll wait and use my pass next month.

Last edited:

Aggie

I made it so far ladies to Day 30 with no hair products purchases...finally! That felt like forever. I almost bought the PuffCuff silk pillowcase tonight but I started thinking that maybe a sale would be offered again at that time so I removed that cart quickly and stepped out of the site. Whew! that was wayyy too close!

Last edited:

Aggie

Man that Puff Cuff would not stop following me around. Today they have a 25% off sale on the family pack. I had to delete those emails quickly :lol:. So now I made it to Day 31 today and still holding on to the challenge. I am waiting to use my pass for the BF sales instead.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I made it so far ladies to Day 30 with no hair products purchases...finally! That felt like forever. I almost bought the PuffCuff silk pillowcase tonight but I started thinking that maybe a sale would be offered again at that time so I removed that cart quickly and stepped out of the site. Whew! that was wayyy too close!

@Aggie Wow! Super proud of you Sis!

xu93texas

I need to check in. Since my last update, I gave my SIL some Shea Moisture products. I finished a bottle of Netwurks 21 spray and threw out some WGHO because it was bad. I have three products on track to be finished within the next 10 days. I also have some products bagged up and ready to give to family when they come for Thanksgiving.

I used my October pass to purchase four bottles of Netwurks 21 spray and two jars of the cream. I also bought SM Sacha Inchi Oil Co-Wash and the conditioner; a bottle of Jbco, plastic caps, and a few bottles of Mane Choice hair vitamins.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Kerastase is doing travel sizes again all this month plus free shipping. I want Densite, Elixir Ultime and Masquintense. If I buy them separately I get triple the samples:pepper:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm sorry I should have specified! This is at a professional supply store. I'm not sure if they make it that big though. I've only seen the 16 oz

Thanks for the clarification Sis! I've never seen a size bigger than the 16 oz either. I do plan on stocking up next year on plenty of them from that company Joico refers you to on their website.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Lookfantastic has Densite mask back in stock. If I spend 50 Euros I will get a gift of Masquintense dc and shampoo minis. It's just so hard to spend that amount since their prices are so low. I may end up buying another Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner since I use it weekly an d the Chronologiste mask.

@Aggie have you tried Chronologiste?

eta I used the last bit of Chroma Captive mask doing a dc on my lace wig... I won't repurchase that one

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So, I abandoned my cart at Lookfantastic and opted to stock up on Xcel21 instead. I got 9 bottles and free shipping. I have enough Kerastase to get me through this month. If I decide to restock on my staples it will be after the challenge ends.

Aggie

Lookfantastic has Densite mask back in stock. If I spend 50 Euros I will get a gift of Masquintense dc and shampoo minis. It's just so hard to spend that amount since their prices are so low. I may end up buying another Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner since I use it weekly an d the Chronologiste mask.

@Aggie have you tried Chronologiste?

eta I used the last bit of Chroma Captive mask doing a dc on my lace wig... I won't repurchase that one

No I haven't. I got caught up in using a lot of hand made products for a few months now. I will soon get back to my Kerastase DCs but I doubt it will be this year though. I never bought the Chronologiste either because I kinda lost interest in it :look:

CodeRed

I think I finally just don't want more hair products. I love my two main lines: joico kpak and Vitale Pro. I'm going to wear my hair straight for a while too.

I'm getting there too. I got my two conditioners that I really, really like. Narrowing down shampoos and detanglers also then I'll be set. December is going to be my month to buy and try out 3 more products so I can decide.