September 2016: Hits & Misses

Aggie

@NaturallyATLPCH @IDareT'sHair @Aggie

Last, the same friend complained to me recently that Bekura (she actually said her name but idr) has a lot of nerves raising her prices on mediocre products :rofl:

I can't totally agree with your friend because Bekura's body lotions and souffles are REALLY nice. They are definite repurchases for me. I mean nothing keeps the heels of my feet moisturized like those souffles...and I mean All Day!

My $60 Clarins Body Lotion smells awesome but it does not keep my body as moisturized as Bekura's souffles. The only thing I hate is having to dip into it. I have to use one of my spatulas to get it from the bottom.

Aggie

It was nice but not amazing the first time I bought it in 2013. Used the whole bottle and didn't plan on repurchasing. I revisited & I love it now
Yeah I might give it another go sometime later during a great sale :yep:.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I can't totally agree with your friend because Bekura's body lotions and souffles are REALLY nice. They are definite repurchases for me. I mean nothing keeps the heels of my feet moisturized like those souffles...and I mean All Day!

My $60 Clarins Body Lotion smells awesome but it does not keep my body as moisturized as Bekura's souffles. The only thing I hate is having to dip into it. I have to use one of my spatulas to get it from the bottom.

She was talking about the hair products. Her body products are surprisingly reasonably priced. Well, for me anyway.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hit: coffee with blackstrap molasses - My hair stayed hydrated and soft, few sheds. I could have gone another day or two without watering it, but I had to remove the sheds.

A partial miss: Eco Styling Gel w/ Olive Oil - I watered this stuff down (1.5 tsp gel to 3.5 oz of water, five drops of jojoba oil, and 20 drops of AVJ), spray it on my hair, and it still dried greasy. Why does my hair hate even the tiniest amount of olive oil? The only good part was the reduction of drips while air-drying and it is soft. Maybe I will water it down with straight AVJ or ACV and see what happens.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@rileypak @Saludable84
I'm still not sure if I need to both trying Type3? I could/should just stick with Type4 and save my money.

I did also want a jar of Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease to accompany this purchase.

I was getting Type 3 for research, and my son has Type 3 so I can always use it on him. Type 4 took a while to settle in is hair and its looks a bit oily so it appears wet and weighed down.

Sophies is in my cart :look:

CodeRed

Miss - Mizani Botanifying Shampoo not playing well with cheaper conditioners

Well, it's ok - will experiment with my others. Maybe my cheaper conditioners don't like that it makes my hair feel good too :lol:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Miss: MHC shipping!:eek: Wanted to purchase the type 3 hair cream and for two 8 ounce jars shipping was $11. That's just crazy and I refuse to pay that much. Are these products available on the ground or through other sites like Amazon? Are there ever specials on shipping?

Type 3 is only offered on her site I believe. I've looked at Hattache and CM and neither have Type 3. You'd have to purchase $50 worth of product and I recently emailed her because the free shipping option doesn't even work. $11 is too much for shipping. She doesn't even offer the USPS anymore, but it was still the same price and it doesn't cost that much to ship out 1-2lbs of product.