September 2017: Hits & Misses

curlyhersheygirl

Misses:
Wen Bamboo Green Tea Restorative cleansing conditioner
Wen Spring Cherry Blossom cleansing conditioner
Wen Fig hydrating hair mask
Wen Bamboo Green Tea hair mask

All of this products were lack luster. The cleansing conditioners did a reasonable job and the masks provided minimal moisture. This line was very unimpressive for me and I don't get the hype at all.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
It's has been two weeks and I am still loving this BlueMagic grease y'all. It keeps my hair really smooth and tangle free. I detangled and it was super easy. Shed hairs slide right out. I skipped wash day today because my hair still looks clean, sleek, moist and shiny. A Big Hit.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hit

Sulfate shampoo

I've been using chagrin valley shampoo bars for yrs but a few months ago started noticing my hair not behaving how it use to when styled. So I started being on the lookout for a good sulfate shampoo because build up was the only thing I could think of that would cause my hair to act the way it was.

Since using sulfates again my hair is doing awesome. It's so much softer bouncier and easy to do than it was. Sulfates are def just what I needed. There was a point when I needed the gentle washing of the chagrin valley shampoo bars but now it needs a good sulfate again.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Continued Hit
  • Goody Ouchless small updo barrettes to keep hair sectioned throughout wash day and to secure the ends of my chunky twists while DCing;
  • Soultanicals Soulvedic Strands Poo Bar:
I can do first-stage detangling with it (e.g., elongating, de-webbing). Also, among other lovely things, it contains:

Brahmi (gotu kola), Amla (Indian gooseberry), Ashwagandha (withania somnifera), Turmeric (curcuma longa), Bringraj (eclipta alba), Gokshura (tribulus terrestris), Bala (sida cordifolia), Neem (azadirachta indica), Purnarnava (boerhavia diffusa), and Shatawari (asparagus racemosa) . . .

It remedied my itchy scalp today. My strands felt good after rinse-out.

I'm moving it from staple to holy grail status.​

Misses Turned Hits

• Deep conditioning on completely dry hair
  • Shea Moisture's manuka honey mask
  • Soultanicals Power to the Prepoo oil

Aggie

Miss: APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle
I used this after my cassia treatment. I thought it would perform better because my hair needed the moisture. Even with oil, it was still just meh. It's weird because it gets a lot of love on this board and I want to like it.
@NaturallyATLPCH

I used this DC after a henna treatment before and hated it's performance then as well. I don't think it has enough slip for a post henna treatment so I don't use it anymore. Aussie Moist Conditioner had more slip to me. I'll just save it for a regular DC day - definitely not after a henna treatment anymore :nono:.

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH

I used this DC after a henna treatment before and hated it's performance then as well. I don't think it has enough slip for a post henna treatment so I don't use it anymore. Aussie Moist Conditioner had more slip to me. I'll just save it for a regular DC day - definitely not after a henna treatment anymore :nono:.
I got you. It doesn't even work well as a regular DC for me. I've tried it with heat, without heat, with oil, without...it is still subpar for me.
I'm just going to use it up as a gloss or something.

Aggie

I got you. It doesn't even work well as a regular DC for me. I've tried it with heat, without heat, with oil, without...it is still subpar for me.
I'm just going to use it up as a gloss or something.
Oh dear. The gloss is a good idea. I do feel that the other DCs are better on my hair as well. I won't be repurchasing this one for sure anymore. It worked well with that first jar I bought, but since then, just meh, in my opinion. The slip from it is gone.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie @NaturallyATLPCH
Very interesting from both of you regarding UCS. I love that DC'er. I thought errrbody lurved this one.

I know a while back there was a "battle" in U1B1 Pumpkin Mask vs UCS.

I love them both. I don't use many of her DC'ers but I did buy multiples of these two. I cannot wait to get my 16oz Jar of Not Easily Broken to add to my APB Stash.

I also want to try the Keratin one at some point.

Aggie

@Aggie @NaturallyATLPCH
Very interesting from both of you regarding UCS. I love that DC'er. I thought errrbody lurved this one.

I know a while back there was a "battle" in U1B1 Pumpkin Mask vs UCS.

I love them both. I don't use many of her DC'ers but I did buy multiples of these two. I cannot wait to get my 16oz Jar of Not Easily Broken to add to my APB Stash.

I also want to try the Keratin one at some point.

I bragged about the bolded a lot in the APB thread and I used it this morning and it did not disappoint. I still love this one for sure.