September 2017: Hits & Misses

Aggie

NEW HIT:

SheScentIt Marula Mallow Leave-In and Styler - Now this left me with soft hair even after using Wetline Xtreme Gel over it. It is a light creamy texture and goes on effortlessly. I used it on wet hair earlier today and even now, I still can't stop touching my hair. I will be using it on dry hair as a styler to see if there is a difference in how soft it leaves my hair.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Ongoing hits

Aloe vera - soothes and balances
Ayurvedic herbs and infusions - these really agree with my hair and scalp
Argan oil - softens without the stickiness of castor oil
Mango butter - first butter to truly soften and hydrate my hair. After continous 2 week use without washing...my hair feels almost too mositurized- something that is hard to acheive with my coarse hair

Platinum

Continued hit: Locs! I'm almost 3 1/2 years locd and it's the best thing that I could have done for my hair. Some of the locs in my nape area hit my shoulder blades (stretched).

Revisited hit: Wild Growth Hair Oil. I put a few drops on my scalp last night to soothe the itch. Im going to start using this one regularly.

Miss: whatever my loctitician used for my last retwist. It had a great hold but caused my scalp to itch.

AgeinATL

Paging @AgeinATL

Hit and Miss: Oil Rinsing
So I like it because those tangles come right out. It's just the oil under deep conditioner thing. The conditioner is enough to kinda rinse off the oil and so my hair detangler well, but does feel "conditioned". Even after sealing, it still has a hardness to it. It is going to be something I do when I really need to detangle with a comb but will skip for finger detanlging.

I’m late!!!
EVERYTHING you said is how I feel about oil rinsing. It helps with detangling but it seems to leave a film on my hair that prevents my leave ins from penetrating. My hair is left dry and hard after a few days. I had to stop doing them.

Lucky me

NEW HIT:

SheScentIt Marula Mallow Leave-In and Styler - Now this left me with soft hair even after using Wetline Xtreme Gel over it. It is a light creamy texture and goes on effortlessly. I used it on wet hair earlier today and even now, I still can't stop touching my hair. I will be using it on dry hair as a styler to see if there is a difference in how soft it leaves my hair.
I like it just wish it didn't smell like perfume

Lucky me

Something has got to take you out of this world. Even the air breathe is pretty dirty rght now. I made up my mind to just enjoy whatever I love to do without blaspheming God, the Holy Spirit.
I'm not saying I avoid everything..... Because that's impossible. I just don't like what's in PErfume and wouldn't want to irritate my scalp. I own one and the that's it. I use oils

RUBY

Big hit: The Felicia Underwood detangling comb.... Glides through my hair and detangles from root to ends so easily. There is a bit of learning curve with using it. I was able to slick my hair into a pony tail in minutes.

I got her brush when it first came out and to be honest didn't really use it. Her newer versions seem sleeker as the one I have has sharp plastic edges in some places and looks smaller.

Lucky me

I got her brush when it first came out and to be honest didn't really use it. Her newer versions seem sleeker as the one I have has sharp plastic edges in some places and looks smaller.
I was nervous about buying it. I'll stick to fingers

Aggie

No need to be rude. I thought it was a conversation. Thought that was the whole point of a thread. Why are you getting defensive chick
Actually I thought you were getting defensive. That's why I said you do you and I'll do me. Let's leave it at that. This way, we won't cross paths. You know we don't have problems with each other in this forum. You're new, so I'll excuse you for now. Watch how we behave with each other. We respect each other's right to be different and leave it alone. You'll learn that if you Stay a part of this forum Long enough. Just remember, the moderators can kick you out if you're a trouble maker. They have before and they will again if you don't simmer down.

Last edited:

curlyhersheygirl

Initial Hits:
Cantu apple cider vinegar root relief. This product is marketed to those with protective styles and locs. It claims to soothe itching and refreshes the scalp. It does soothe the itchies within minutes and the relief lasts. I have been in Havana twists for over 2 weeks and used this weekly to ensure that my scalp behaved since I don't wash my hair when it's in extensions. The consistency and performance is like hand sanitizer. Once the gel is applied and massaged into the scalp it dissipates. This product didn't leave any buildup after the two applications and my scalp felt great. I'll report back once I remove these twists.

Curl Origin Argan and castor edge paste. This is marketed as an edge control and strengthener. I have been using this about 3x weekly to keep my edges looking neat and it does a good job at that. What I love about it is that despite multiple re-applications, there is no buildup or ugly residue left behind. I can't attest to the edge strengthening aspects because I don't have an issue with thinning edges. I will also report back once I remove these twists .

APB's Dry oil body spray. Although this is marketed as a body product, I've been using it 3x a week as braid sheen spray in place of the ORS shine spray I normally use when in extensions. This gave great shine and left my hair feeling awesome and not greasy. Another definite must have for when in protective styles.

Continued Hits:
HTN follocle mist and NW21. Both of these are keeping my scalp and hair on point whilst in this protective style.

fluffyforever

Ongoing hits

Aloe vera - soothes and balances
Ayurvedic herbs and infusions - these really agree with my hair and scalp
Argan oil - softens without the stickiness of castor oil
Mango butter - first butter to truly soften and hydrate my hair. After continous 2 week use without washing...my hair feels almost too mositurized- something that is hard to acheive with my coarse hair
Do you mix anything with the mango butter or do you melt it before use?