September 2017: Hits & Misses

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Mega, mega hit:
The customer service and spirit of Nikki, the creator at Pure O.N.E. Beauty.

Wow! :yep: This lady is super professional and cares so much about every product. I messaged her, and she messaged me back many times to make sure I was informed, got the right product, etc. She has a wonderful spirit. Just lovely. Her packaging was delightful! She wants to get every product "right." Her website and labels are done so professionally. :yep: She's working to improve her YT presence so that she can demo the efficacy of her products. She's so busy with orders at the moment, though.​

Potential new hit:

Pure O.N.E. Beauty African Black Soap Hair Mud Prepoo/Mask/Wash
I've been trying desperately to reduce the number of steps in my regimen. This product reminds me a little of the Naturalicious Clay Wash in terms of how the Naturalicious lady advertises that it's a 4-in-1 product. However, given all the wonderful ingredients and the sheer amount of product, the pricing is on point!

I asked the Pure O.N.E. Beauty African Black Soap Hair Mud Prepoo/Mask/Wash creator if this prepoo was also a cleanser. She said yes. That's great!!! I asked her if it conditioned the hair. She said yes: She's been using it on her daughter's hair for great results. So I've been applying it to the ends of old, non-wet (not even damp) hair, then spraying water on top, then applying it all over, then letting it sit in for 15 minutes, then detangling with it. After that I've skipped straight to the protein treatment step or the moisturize and seal step. So far so good! My hair feels clean and moisturized upon rinse out of the prepoo mud mask. ALSO: My hair has been tangling less!!!!!!! I don't know if it's the shea butter I've been applying every wash day, this prepoo mud mask, the organic rice water rinse, or the combo. But the SSKs have been severely reduced with this regimen.​

Miss:
The scent of the Red Palm Oil version of the Pure O.N.E. Beauty Hair Mud Prepoo/Mask/Wash.

It smells like a super tanky baby diaper plus vinegar.

And it's not just me: My husband had a physical reaction and said, "You can't put that on your hair, love."​

Lissa0821

Is this a comb or a brush? Do you have a link? TIA!

It is actually called the detangle brush but it feels more like a comb to me. The bristles are completely stiff while the entire brush is so flexible. I get the tug and release feeling at the same time when I pull it through a section. I learned with a quickness to detangle from the bottom with it.

Here is the link: http://www.felicialeatherwood.com/brush/

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Mega Hit

Kay (owner of Jakeala at Etsy.com) is great.

A while back I ordered her Shea Amla Parfait because it's whipped (fluffy) Shea butter containing all kinds of great ayurvedic ingredients. I loved it so much I ordered a second jar. Well, that jar arrived soupy (liquidy) instead of fluffy (an airy solid).

Now, she had already gifted me with a FREE JAR of her Matcha Green Tea Avocado Deep Conditioner (Beau Vert Masque). I love the ingredients in this stuff!!! But then . . . when I asked her about the soupy consistency of the Shea Amla Parfait, she responded quickly and very candidly: SHE WILL SEND ANOTHER JAR (for free). However, just fyi, if it is hot (climate/weather), the product might get soupy, she said.

I wanted to make sure to share because this was a simple, honest, CANDID reply that enables the customer to know when to order the product going forward. I very, very much appreciate this level of customer service. :yep:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Mega Hit

Kay (owner of Jakeala at Etsy.com) is great.

A while back I ordered her Shea Amla Parfait because it's whipped (fluffy) Shea butter containing all kinds of great ayurvedic ingredients. I loved it so much I ordered a second jar. Well, that jar arrived soupy (liquidy) instead of fluffy (an airy solid).

Now, she had already gifted me with a FREE JAR of her Matcha Green Tea Avocado Deep Conditioner (Beau Vert Masque). I love the ingredients in this stuff!!! But then . . . when I asked her about the soupy consistency of the Shea Amla Parfait, she responded quickly and very candidly: SHE WILL SEND ANOTHER JAR (for free). However, just fyi, if it is hot (climate/weather), the product might get soupy, she said.

I wanted to make sure to share because this was a simple, honest, CANDID reply that enables the customer to know when to order the product going forward. I very, very much appreciate this level of customer service. :yep:

Update:

So, the original second jar of Shea Amla Parfait is no longer soupy: It congealed again and is now the same, airy, fluffy, solid texture as the first jar.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hit:

That Ramakrishna mahabringraj oil.

In addition to giving my hair even more shine. Its healing my scalp. I have been dealing with a mild scalp soreness for months. Its not coming feom tension because even when I wore my hair in a twist out or braid out styles for days on it was still there. My other pre-poos like fenugreek and oils would soothe it only temporarily.

After 2 weeks with this as an o/n pre poo its gone

My scalp is also very finicky esp to heavy oils/butters so I have to be careful getting my palm and mango butters too near my scalp otherwise it will itch. Well I know I've inadvertently gotten mango butter on my scalp especially near my edges, no itchies.

:up: :up: :up:

Eta i cant spell that long name to save my life :rolleyes:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@halee_J
Something else I have in my arsenal of tools that I need to be using.:look:

It's Electrical (x3 Speed - Low/Medium/High). It's a "baking heat" instead of a "blowing heat" like a dryer.

The only "con" is that since it is plugged in, so you have to stay put.

Hmm I like the idea of the baking heat :burn::burn::burn: the oils probably penetrate better. Plus, it would be much quieter...

LushLox

I've never tried it on damp hair, as I think it would be too heavy for me. So just on dry hair.

ETA: This is why it's important to document products after you use them! I went back to look at my diary, and I have indeed used the AG on damp hair and the results were lovely; I'm not sure how I forgot! :look:

It's a perfect leave in on damp or dry hair. It would be an amazing product on natural hair. :yep:

I will use it again after my wash today.

Smiley79

HIT
I finally got around to using my bottle of Mielle Organics Mint oil. Guys! Guys! I know oil is oil and you can just blend your own, but y'all........that oil is so good. It's so light, smells great and the tingle feels so good on the scalp. It does not clog my scalp like some other oils I've tried in the past. And I feel like it softens my hair a bit as well. I love this stuff and will definitely repurchase in the future.

Continued HIT
Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner
Theorie Conditoners from Marshall's