September 2018: Hits & Misses

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits
  • My henna mix this time, my curls were popping after rinsing out
  • CRN Lavender Deep conditioner, this is some good stuff. Hope she sells it by itself. Moisturizing after only being on 20 minutes in the shower, creamy, emollient. Just yum! slight tingle from the peppermint. I can only imagine what heat/steam will do for it.
  • CRN Lavender Leave in Conditioner, thick, sank in and slightly curl defining.

Miss
  • My henna mix, too thick. Next time I will add more water or yogurt to thin it out. I found some still stuck to my dried hair near my nape and edges.
  • CRN Lavender Leave in conditioner, not overly moisturizing but to be fair, I used it solely after my deep conditioner was rinsed out and henna. It could very well be moisturizing on a normal wash day.

Kindheart

Hits
Bourn Beautiful leave in/curling
Custard and Dc . Left my twist out super soft and very defined
Shea moisture JBCO shampoo and mask .
Oyin Ginger mint cowash-Divine !!
AS I am double butter

Cont Hit . Qhemet Amla heavy cream ,Last time o used it was years ago . I still love it !

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Hits

-Belle Bar #DearBlackGirl
-Natty Naturals Leave In & Conditioner
-Camille Rose Natural Coconut Water Setting Creme

For the past 2 washes....I’ve just had incredible moisture, softness, and shine.

I’ve been able to keep my hair stretched/enlongated (I wash in 6 sections) but the back 2 sections have been a little difficult to wash and detangle lately. Gonna monitor this the next two washes to see if this is something that I’m causing.
2CED1A75-615B-4BD9-BD42-1BCB72EE28B5.jpeg

Aggie

NEW HIT:

-Care Free Curl Gold Hair and Scalp Spray (I also use this as a refresher spray, leaves me moist, soft and shiny hair for days)

-Care Free Curl Gold Curl Activator - Moisturizes my hair very well

-Blue Magic Grease (original 'blue' one) seals in my CFCG and keeps my hair moisturized better than any other sealer I have ever used on my hair.

Last edited:

Aggie

Hits

For the past 2 washes....I’ve just had incredible moisture, softness, and shine.

I’ve been able to keep my hair stretched/enlongated (I wash in 6 sections) but the back 2 sections have been a little difficult to wash and detangle lately. Gonna monitor this the next two washes to see if this is something that I’m causing.
View attachment 434689
Your hair is so pretty @TamaraShaniece. :drool:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HIT
V05 Ocean Refresh-huge hit. When I first went natural I used alot of cheapies but I slowly moved away from them but I'm back

MISSES
V05 Coconut Milk-meh, I like very defined curls with conditioner only and this doesn't get it done

V05 Strawberries & Cream-made my hair a frizzy mess :nono:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits (in no particular order):
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair
SSI's Pumpkin & White Chocolate Cleansing Conditioner
HQS Coconut & Lime Cleanser
Naturelle Grow's Madder Root & Shea Deep Conditioner:love:
Curls Blueberry & Mint Scalp Tea
Virgin Hair Fertilizer's Scalp Drops

HUGE MISS:
Naturelle Grow's Madder Root & Shea Butter DC'er being discontinued and NG cannot locate the Recipe.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Using my shea blend to seal my hair. My hair is soft and fluffy

Miss

Using my shea blend to seal my hair with. Shea butter always leaves my hair with a dull film. I can never use shea butter religiously. On my body, yes , hair no. Its too heavy and waxy. No matter how I blend it down and whip it with other blends. Imma still use it though, LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 62

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Tentative hits

Stimugro Chebe oil and leave in conditioner. They both are creamy. Slightly fragrant and sunk into my hair. My twists are slightly sheeny. Firm to the touch due to the coconut oil. I’ll see how the twist out looks later on. It’s rainy here so my hair is expanding.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Tentative hits

Stimugro Chebe oil and leave in conditioner. They both are creamy. Slightly fragrant and sunk into my hair. My twists are slightly sheeny. Firm to the touch due to the coconut oil. I’ll see how the twist out looks later on. It’s rainy here so my hair is expanding.

Hair is looking great on the twist out side. Dull as usual because of the Shea but in the office it feels plush. I only walked outside for a few minutes on my way in to the building so it didn't expand too much. I can dig it!

Attachments

• IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 47

Sally.

Hits

Beautiful defined curls! This is with no product right?? Can I ask your regimen and what products do you think helped you achieve such definition?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

My henna blend, great color coverage on my greys. The reddish hue is beautiful
CRN Lavender Deep conditioner, love the peppermint tingle, the slip and moisture. I'll buy when or if she sells it by itself
Bobeam Cocoa Condish, BAE still and IT was in my hoard for a year. I forgot I had a full jar. Creamy, moisture, just yum!
Taura Amore Leave in lotion, able to detangle with, sank into my strands, and my hair feels lightweight at almost 98% dry

Miss

Stimugro Chebe Shampoo, I should have used it to wash my hair before my henna and not after. Too stripping. Lots of lather and not moisturizing. I think this would be a good clarifier for buildup and dirty hair. A once a month usage.
Not replacing my steamer yet- I need to get on it asap

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Taura Amore Leave in Lotion. I didn't expect much because of the shea butter but I like it a lot. It sank in, dried lightweight and when the heat hit my strands, my hair was almost silky. The Butter blend complimented the lotion. Side bonus is the definition. I wasn't looking for it because I only wanted to stretch my hair but very nice!

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 29