September 2021:Hits & Misses

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Too early to tell, but I think :think: it will be a hit...

Bone Marrow (Moelle de Beouf) Pomade​

I've applied it to the thinning areas, scalp/roots, and ends of my hair once last week and again Thursday morning.
I've continued to use my styling products; however, my hair feels different; moisturized but not greasy.
The scent of it isn't something I love (it could be because I know it's made with bone marrow oil), but after the second use,
I'm OK with it. It also contains lavender and neem oil.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hits:

ORS Max Moisture Super Moisturizing Daily Styling Lotion
I love this stuff. it is very moisturizing and works well with gel. I already have 2 other bottles in my stash. A staple moisturizer for me.

ORS Max Moisture Leave-in Conditioner

This works so well with gel and prevents from the gel cast being too hard. It goes on great and the hair feels nice after it dries. So far its the best leave in I've used.

ORS HAIRepair Invigorating Shampoo:

I think this is the best shampoo I've very used. It cleanses very well despite being sulfate free. Smells good and lathers very well. My hair is nice and fully clean after only one lather up. One bottle will last me forever. I will always have this in my stash.

Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter

Super moisturizing and great sealant. Smells very good as well. Will repurchase.

Okay Jamaican black castor oil

Cheap and works. My edges have made so much progress since oiling my edges 2 times a day. A little goes a long way.

Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Growth Serum

Nice light oil. I am not sure if it will give me growth results but I really like that its not greasy even when I use a lot. Will not repurchase after I finish the bottle because I do not like the added chore of oiling my scalp at night! I'm so lazy lol

Goldwell Stylesign Ultra Volume Lagoom Jam 4 Styling Hair Gel

Best edge control ever! I 've been using this for at least a year and it gives me relaxer straight edges for at least 3 days before I need to refresh. It was recommended by a user with 4 b/c hair and I am so grateful!

Miss:

Camille Rose The Grow grease: This had potential but the strong smell of sulfur ruined this for me. I could smell it all day long. I couldn't stand it so this was returned. Thankfully I bought it at Ulta and could get my money back.

ORS Replenishing Conditioner

As a deep conditioner this sucked. It made my hair feel dry after sitting with it under a heat cap for 30 minutes. It works better as a rinse out conditioner. I really did not like this a deep conditioner so I finished it up as a rinse out and it had decent slip. Will not repurchase.

Crece Pelo shampoo conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in and gotero
All these products have a strong fresh scent to them. It can get a little cloying. I don't like the products on my hair. The shampoo is too stripping and the conditioner doesn't have enough slip for me. Will use the products to deodorize my wigs lol but not in my hair any more. May repurchase for my wigs only.

Lemuel Leche Cabra Coco y Jengibre Coconut and Ginger Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in conditioner, mask and leave in

These products are very big and affordable on the ground but I am not wowed by anything in this line. I bought it to help with hair loss but I haven't been using them regularly because I don't like them that much. The conditioners are softening but don't have enough slip for me. Deep conditioner was a big disappointment. It felt like I used the regular conditioner and no additional slip. The shampoo was very good and non stripping for a sulfate shampoo. Overall they will be used on my wigs, not my natural hair. Will not repurchase.

HealthyHair2020

BIG HITS
Adwoa Beauty Baomint Leave-In, Curling Cream, and Oil Blend (Trial Size)
Wanted to wait until the trial sizes were done to post but I couldn't.
My hair LOVES. THIS. COMBO. Wow! Made my twists really elongated without waiting for it to airdry. Oil Blend really made my twists shine. And when remoisturizing yesterday, just spraying on water kinda made my hair feel good again. My Melanin Haircare and Camille Rose styling combos have some competition. Definitely will be repurchasing in full sizes for black friday.

Last edited:

Neomorph

Hits
As I Am Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner: This is the first medicated shampoo and conditioner combo I've tried and it works really well espeically if I'm washing twice a week.

Misses
As I Am Dry and Itchy Scalp Cowash: It didn't do the greatest job of cleansing my scalp and it didn't leave a lot of moisture so I'd have to go behind and use another rinse out conditioner. At that point I might as well shampoo and condition.

Soultanicals Monoi Moisture Slip Deep Conditioning Fertilizing Dip: On the One Hand it is quite posisbly the slipperiest DC I have ever tried but on the other, it honestly wasn't really that moisturizing

naturalyogini

Miss
Bell bar organic hair Henna hair oil. The oil is packaged in a cheap plastic flip cap 2oz bottle. It is supposed to have ACV, basil, henna among other ingredients but has no scent. I mean nothing. Which makes me think it's just a bottle of oil with nothing in it. I could be wrong. I could kick myself for spending $25 on this product. Never again

scarcity21

BIG HITS
Adwoa Beauty Baomint Leave-In, Curling Cream, and Oil Blend (Trial Size)
Wanted to wait until the trial sizes were done to post but I couldn't.
My hair LOVES. THIS. COMBO. Wow! Made my twists really elongated without waiting for it to airdry. Oil Blend really made my twists shine. And when remoisturizing yesterday, just spraying on water kinda made my hair feel good again. My Melanin Haircare and Camille Rose styling combos have some competition. Definitely will be repurchasing in full sizes for black friday.
Where can I buy this frim @HealthyHair2020