September No Buy Challenge

Aggie

So what are everyone's staple hair, makeup, and body products that you will be using?
My makeup is all over the place but if I would call a line a staple - it would be BlackUp. For hair, I can't answer that because I have different products that I like from different brands. For example, my DCs are one brand, my leave-ins are another brand, etc, etc...

Body products - The Body Shop and Bath and Body Works are taking all my coins at the moment. All are subject to change if something better comes around :spinning:. What can I say? Such is the life of a PJ!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My makeup is all over the place but if I would call a line a staple - it would be BlackUp. For hair, I can't answer that because I have different products that I like from different brands. For example, my DCs are one brand, my leave-ins are another brand, etc, etc...

Body products - The Body Shop and Bath and Body Works are taking all my coins at the moment. All are subject to change if something better comes around :spinning:. What can I say? Such is the life of a PJ!

Cool! And I was just asking about staple individual products, not staple brands as a whole.

Buuuuuut . . . maybe we shouldn't talk about it at, I'm realizing, at this particular thread. I shouldn't have asked! It might create temptation!!! Lol!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
So what are everyone's staple hair, makeup, and body products that you will be using?

Here's what I have open and working on using up this month:

Skin:
Nuxe Rose Foaming face wash

Body:
Nubian Heritage African Black soap butter
DIY Vanilla Bean Body Butter

Hair:
Trader Joes TTT conditioner

Wax Tarts:
Focusing on oldest ones. Most are from the fall season last year.

I am also working on using up a perfume but I doubt I will finish it up this month..my goal is to use it up before the end of the year. It's about 6 years old :look: but still smells amazing.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Welcome to day 1 ladies!!

You will be tempted and tested this month, but we have #goals.

I'm planning to use the last bit of 2 or 3 conditioners today. My sister has pretty much used up one of my conditioners as well. When the challenge is over I will have to replace my staples.

This is what needs to get used up:
Kerastase Therapiste
Kerastase Densite
Kerastase Maskeratine
Herbal Essences Blowout Smooth
Yes to Carrots shampoo

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density

Makeup: Too Faced Waterproof Mascara, MAC Eyeliner, Benefit Brow Gel

Hair: As I Am CoWash, Qhemet Cleansing Tea, Plethora of Conditioners that are half full, DIY hair oil

I'm just trying to get rid of my hair product stash, so I can build up on my staple products later on. My makeup staples are here to stay. I have oily skin and these products can resist breaking down before mid-day.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Here's what I'm using this month (hair products are in my signature):

Face
  1. Cleanser: from lokahihawaii on Etsy, an all-natural daily detoxifying cleanser
  2. Cleanser: from Sprouts, a neem-containing facial bar soap
  3. Exfoliant: from Minimo, a turmeric scrub (free sample jars)
  4. Toner: from Target, Thayers aloe and rose water toner
  5. Moisturizer/sunblock: from lokahihawaii on Etsy, an organic, waterproof, broad spectrum sunblock
  6. Moisturizer (I don't really consider this a cleanser): every now and then I'll simply use Dove (it's really great for improving my skin's texture/smoothness :smile:)
  7. Coverage: Shea Moisture tinted lotion in medium
  8. Coverage: Black Radiance Soft Focus Finishing Powder (one of these days I hope to try a translucent setting powder instead)
Body
  1. Cleanser: from anjepu on Etsy, Pure Luv Coconut soap bars (great when used with my salux cloths)
  2. Vaginal cleanser: from Target, SweetSpot Labs Vanilla Blossom Gentle (vaginal) wash (can be used on entire body, smells YUMMY)
  3. Cleanser: Ivory body wash (I love the smell, though the ingredients are just ayiiight)
  4. Lotion: Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion (seems to help with eczema)
Other
  1. Deodorant: from Sprouts, the mineral salt deodorant (both in the spray and the solid; my body has completely adjusted to it, and it works GREAT for me)
  2. Toothpaste: Crest Complete Whitening Deep Clean (first-time use; actually feels like a deep clean so far!)
  3. Mouthwash: Listerine (the purple one!)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Me? Not yet. Hurricane Irma is looking like she will be stupid so I'ma hold coins until after she passes over for now.
Harvey wrecked my life. I didn't get flooding in my house or car, but the city was shut down for a week. No one could work and now there's a mandatory curfew.

My company gave us relief pay, but now my hours are cut short every day. We close at 7pm instead of midnight :cry3:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Harvey wrecked my life. I didn't get flooding in my house or car, but the city was shut down for a week. No one could work and now there's a mandatory curfew.

My company gave us relief pay, but now my hours are cut short every day. We close at 7pm instead of midnight :cry3:

Seriously: Let us know how we can help. You can, for example, create an Amazon wish list, share the link, and folks can send items to you.

Aggie

Seriously: Let us know how we can help. You can, for example, create an Amazon wish list, share the link, and folks can send items to you.
Yeah but how are the products going to get to her if there is still flooding everywhere? I think this is the time for recovery, to put things in their proper perspective. My whole focus changes during these times. You will only understand if you go through it.

I've been through this, it is no fun, neither am I ever in the mood for doing anything with my hair because everywhere is so gloomy and all you want to do is recover.

So I do everything I can to recover from all the massive damages. Helping neighbors and friends with their recovery as well helps to make everything feel right again.

I'm giving myself a henna gloss and DCing my hair now because next week might be rough for us down here. I will plait it up and put on my wigs afterwards because I may not have water to wash it with. I'm doing all I can now before Irma get any closer to the Bahamas.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yeah but how are the products going to get to her if there is still flooding everywhere? I think this is the time for recovery, to put things in their proper perspective. My whole focus changes during these times. You will only understand if you go through it.

I've been through this, it is no fun, neither am I ever in the mood for doing anything with my hair because everywhere is so gloomy and all you want to do is recover.

So I do everything I can to recover from all the massive damages. Helping neighbors and friends with their recovery as well helps to make everything feel right again.

I'm giving myself a henna gloss and DCing my hair now because next week might be rough for us down here. I will plait it up and put on my wigs afterwards because I may not have water to wash it with. I'm doing all I can now before Irma get any closer to the Bahamas.

Oh, thanks! I was thinking food items, water, etc. Amazon lingo is "wish list," but any items can go on it.

But, yes: Delivery! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Aggie

Oh, thanks! I was thinking food items, water, etc. Amazon lingo is "wish list," but any items can go on it.

But, yes: Delivery! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Hon I know you are thinking of us. I do appreciate you, your love and support, seriously. I know the ground is so wet right now up in Houston and I really wish I was there to help some of those people out. I can only pray for their speedy recovery and send money, but it's doing something and I don't feel quite so helpless.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So on the way home from work I decided go get a new wig. I've been wearing my own hair all Summer and it's kinda high maintenance being a straight haired natural.

Anywho... I remembered that this is only day 2 and I didn't buy anything. #ineedretailtherapy #hurryupoctober #teamnobuy

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Welp, and just like that, pass used.

'Splanation: I had bought my original Slap Cap from Amazon, and I've always wondered if it was some kind of fake knock-off or whether it was legit. So today I talked it over with hubby as a sounding board, and he was going to buy it for me, but then I wavered and said, "No. :nono: I just need to stop. I have a silk sleep cap that is similar, the original one I bought . . . I'm good."

Hubby says, "Okaaaaaaaay. It's your baby. But . . . you're always talkin' 'bout, 'I need this hair product for reason X, Y, Z' and I'm looking at your stash like, 'Oh, yeah? Is that so? :scratchchin:' But this is the FIRST time when I think a hair purchase would be legit."

Well what did he say THAT for. I wavered, and wavered. Then I said, "I'm going to let you get it." I mentioned that I just want to really do this no buy! Then I remembered that we get ONE pass!!! :clap: (Almost forgot! :lol:)

So that's it.

Third day in.

Pass used.

It makes sense, but how many days are in September, y'all? :look:

It'll be okay *deep breath in to steel my resolve* :cool:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Welp, and just like that, pass used.

'Splanation: I had bought my original Slap Cap from Amazon, and I've always wondered if it was some kind of fake knock-off or whether it was legit. So today I talked it over with hubby as a sounding board, and he was going to buy it for me, but then I wavered and said, "No. :nono: I just need to stop. I have a silk sleep cap that is similar, the original one I bought . . . I'm good."

Hubby says, "Okaaaaaaaay. It's your baby. But . . . you're always talkin' 'bout, 'I need this hair product for reason X, Y, Z' and I'm looking at your stash like, 'Oh, yeah? Is that so? :scratchchin:' But this is the FIRST time when I think a hair purchase would be legit."

Well what did he say THAT for. I wavered, and wavered. Then I said, "I'm going to let you get it." I mentioned that I just want to really do this no buy! Then I remembered that we get ONE pass!!! :clap: (Almost forgot! :lol:)

So that's it.

Third day in.

Pass used.

It makes sense, but how many days are in September, y'all? :look:

It'll be okay *deep breath in to steel my resolve* :cool:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
At least you made it to day 3!! Those slap caps are awesome. I have 3. I want more colors too...