September No Buy Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Pass used. I purchased a scale from Target and the Camille Rose Coconut water collection. My sister is braiding my hair tonight and all she has here is some castor oil hair grease and some type of doo-grow (sp) oil. I have nothing against people who use hair grease cause I'm from the school of "minding my hair business" but ummmm no ma'am Pam...not on my hair.

Aggie

@Aggie I so miss my B&BW body products! I havent purchased in over a year getting caught up just using up other stuff. I don't have long before all my randoms are used up and I can go back to purchasing!
Girl @lulu97, I know what you mean. I love this stuff so much and can't seem to stop buying them especially since they have sales on a regular.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

It's me again.

Ion Steam Pro Straightening Brush . . . normally $79.99 purchased on Ebay for $25.75 plus shipping.

I was afraid if I tried to wait until October 1 that someone would get it before me. I reasoned that the point of this no buy challenge is to save money, and technically I saved more than $56 with this particular transaction.

I used it and love the results so far. My hair is not super duper straight (I wasn't going for that), but feels very moisturized and silky. I just need to make sure my hair reverts before making a final assessment. :smile: The plan is to do twist outs and braid outs on straightened hair going forward, if all is well. :smile:

WP_20170921_004 - Copy.jpg

Aggie

Morning Ladies - still nothing hair related was purchased. Still holding strong on my September No Buy Challenge for now.

I Will probably be getting my ayurveda powders and possibly some rhassoul and bentonite clay at the end of this month or at the beginning of October.

I like how my hair is responding to these powders at the moment so I'll attempt to keep it up for at least 6 months to see just how beneficial they are for my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I spent most of the money I saved on date night this week and some random shopping. Sigh. I was doing so good too. I guess I will try again next month.

I didn't get any hair stuff though. Just clothes, shoes and accessories.

LushLox

Almost failed today but backed out of a big purchase just in time before hitting paynah! I had to start deleting the items in my cart right after filling it up. Whew!!!

You haven't used your pass yet though have you? Unless you're just not spending anything at ALL this month!

*sigh* You're so disciplined.

I've got to reign it in now, Christmas is coming!

Aggie

You haven't used your pass yet though have you? Unless you're just not spending anything at ALL this month!

*sigh* You're so disciplined.

I've got to reign it in now, Christmas is coming!
No I haven't yet used my pass. I really would like to wait for BF but if I really start using ayurveda weekly, I will need to purchase next month. That is why I am currently using Curly Proverbz Growth Oil for now since I already have all the ingredients I need to make it. I'm desperately trying to avoid making anything new until the end of October or beginning of November.

Aggie

Finally used my pass ladies :grin:.

Okay I just purchased some powders from myhenna.us a minute ago because they sent me a 10% 0ff coupon with free shipping of $50 or more to encourage me to purchase. They don't usually offer more than 5% discount so I purchased:

3 boxes of Jamila Henna
2 packs of Nupur Henna
3 boxes of Amla Powder
2 boxes of Brahmi Powder
4 boxes of Rose Petal Powder
3 boxes of Zenia Indigo Powder
1 box of Shikakai powder

The total for my purchase was only $45.72 and this price include the coupon and free shipping cost. I needed all these powders anyway so Yippee! Great savings right here.

I don't think I will need any more of these powders for the remainder of the year. I do have some other powders and clay powders that I need to get by black Friday however.

I need Moringa, Curry Leaves and Aloe powders next along with some African Black Soap. I may or may not buy clay powders. I need to get some stuff out of my stash before I venture into the DIY clay washing and conditioning. I still have 3 jars of JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Wash on hand, so I can wait.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
More stuff I used up...minus a few things I just forgot to add to the bin that ended up going in the trash. I used up way more than I intended.

image.jpg

Working on a bottle of prenatal pills and a bottle of HSN vitamins. Alternating taking each a few times a week.

Looking forward to the October No Buy!