September No Buy Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm trying to figure out how I lost a whole ass bottle of conditioner (the Shimmer Lights blue toning). That was a waste of my pass :(

I'm doing a moisturizing dc with Masquintense on dry hair. I'll wash it out and let my Mizani Thermasmooth work its magic for a few minutes.

Evolving78

I balled out already! I better not even think about buying a plastic cap! I'm on a no buy until Oct.
I failed...do I get a second chance? I purchased some relaxer and neutralizing shampoo, oil (I'm not ever messing with straight coconut oil anymore for hair again) and the leave-in cream from the same line. I ordered a length check shirt too.

Other than that, I'm still good until Oct. I will be good for now on!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I failed...do I get a second chance? I purchased some relaxer and neutralizing shampoo, oil (I'm not ever messing with straight coconut oil anymore for hair again) and the leave-in cream from the same line. I ordered a length check shirt too.

Other than that, I'm still good until Oct. I will be good for now on!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Lmao!! You didn't fail hun. Sometimes you gotta buy stuff. I get it. This is probably my 4th or 5th no buy and it has proven to be one of the most difficult challenges I have hosted. It's a struggle for me too...especially when I know I have the extra cash. woosah. Feel free to continue on this month or join us next time.

Evolving78

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Lmao!! You didn't fail hun. Sometimes you gotta buy stuff. I get it. This is probably my 4th or 5th no buy and it has proven to be one of the most difficult challenges I have hosted. It's a struggle for me too...especially when I know I have the extra cash. woosah. Feel free to continue on this month or join us next time.
Thank you! It was for a good cause! lol I wasn't being a product junkie! I was being a creamy crack junkie! I needed my fix! Lol

LushLox

I haven't bought anything else. It's the middle of the month so not that long to go. Although I'm not really hankering for anything anyway.

But I will purchase this in October

and this

Although that maybe too heavy but I'll use it on my kids hair if so
http://[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0071/8942/products/Joliette_Caribbean_Vanilla_Hair_Mud_Mask_grande.jpg?v=1480017212

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I haven't bought anything else. It's the middle of the month so not that long to go. Although I'm not really hankering for anything anyway.

http://[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0071/8942/products/Joliette_Caribbean_Vanilla_Hair_Mud_Mask_grande.jpg?v=1480017212
Oooh this looks fancy! I haven't tried any mud masks yet. Let me know how you like it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
No purchases made this month.

I have used up the following:
DIY Vanilla bean body butter. I made a new batch to replace it. This time I used cocoa butter, capuacu butter, shea butter, mango butter, Meadowfoam seed oil, vitamin E, Rosehip seed oil and scented it with a pumpkin spice fragrance.

I used up 3 hair products:
Trader Joes TTT conditioner
Live Clean coconut milk cond
A box of indigo powder

I used up a butt load of home fragrance and wax. Over 12 clamshells and samples.

I don't use a lot of hair products so I haven't been tempted to buy anything hair related, but I have my eyes on a scale and 2 new books. I may use my pass for that.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

and this

Although that maybe too heavy but I'll use it on my kids hair if so

That mask looks delicious! Is it available in the U.S.? For October or later, of course. :look:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97 that body butter sounds yummy!! I never thought to make my own, but it seems like a great idea. Especially during a no buy.

Thank you Sis! A lot of the butters I'm just trying to use up. When I was trying to figure out the butters my hair liked...I went a little overboard and bought a lot. My fav is mango butter for my hair, so instead of letting the others go to waste, I figured I could use the rest on my body. It's working well so far.

Alma Petra

I have received more items from my purchases at the beginning of the month. I received the CRN Growth Serum, the Mango and Lime JBCO, and Nupur 9 Henna. I have used these to prepare my own version of the Curly Proverbz Ayurvedic oil. I mixed the CRN serum with the JBCO, added a little bit of coconut oil, put the henna mix in coffee filters and then put it inside the oil to infuse. I will leave it for about 2 weeks before I start using it.

I am still waiting on 2 more parcels.

Aggie

Nothing hair related purchased yet ladies. Holding on okay so far but only by a very thin thread. The only thing saving me right now is the fact that my shipping company here in the Bahamas already sent out a notification that our office in Florida is temporarily out of power and products cannot be shipped to us until power is restored. Whew!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Still going strong!

I've only been tempted to purchase two items: (1) Cantu ACV Rinse so I can get that scalp tingle and (2) EarthTones Naturals Gelly because my little first-purchase, 4 oz. jar is getting low. I can't justify the latter: Simply too much gel in this house. I can't justify the former: I could have reuppd just before the no-buy started, but I just didn't.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I made a purchase, but lemme 'splain:

@AdoraAdora24 invested in the 22nd Century shampoo bar on my review, and she's been raving about how good ol' fashioned hair grease is great for reducing tangling. She told me, "I got the bar, so now it's your turn to get some grease."

So I got some grease.

But dasit! I feel zero temptations for purchasing this month. I just wanted to show good faith. :smile:

Aggie

I'm still holding on too - no hair related purchases to date. I will try my best to wait until October. Today I bought 18 Body Creams from Bath and Body Works (since they were on sale) but not for myself.

My clients love these body creams and candles as much as I do, thank God so I bought them to sell at my business. So this is really a money maker for me this time.......:yep:.

Oh I forgot to mention, I also used a 20% off coupon in addition to the sale price I paid. It was a good day to shop at Bath and Body Works.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm still holding on too - no hair related purchases to date. I will try my best to wait until October. Today I bought 18 Body Creams from Bath and Body Works (since they were on sale) but not for myself.

My clients love these body creams and candles as much as I do, thank God so I bought them to sell at my business. So this is really a money maker for me this time.......:yep:.

Oh I forgot to mention, I also used a 20% off coupon in addition to the sale price I paid. It was a good day to shop at Bath and Body Works.

Smart investment! :yep: