Setting Lotion: Dudley's or Keracare?

Setting Lotion: Dudley\'s or Keracare?

I'm going to attempt to rollerset my hair tonight and will be purchasing either Dudley's Fantastic Body or Keracare Foam Wrap lotion.. anyone have any opinions on either one? TIA!

shandaMichelle

pmichael52172

Re: Setting Lotion: Dudley\'s or Keracare?

For the past 3 years of strictly doing my own hair I recently started going back to a salon owner/stylist that goes to my church. She used the Dudley Fantastic Body when rollersetting my hair and it gives you just what it says. I bought some before I left the shop but in the back of my mind I was thinking, "It's not going to turn out like this when I do it at home" But it did just fine.

Now I can't compare it to Keracare's Wrap foam because I've never used it. I've always just sprayed a leave-in conditioner and wet set my hair from there.

Miss Montserrat

Re: Setting Lotion: Dudley\'s or Keracare?

IMO, they're both okay if you have thick hair. I find them to be slightly heavy but they both do the trick. KeraCare's setting lotion ,IMO, is better than the foam wrap... I think it gives more definition, so I would choose KeraCare setting lotion over the foam and Dudley's. You have to use it in moderation. You might want to try Perm repair (with your favorite leave-in) if you want shine and a slightly firm hold. What kind of hold are you looking for? Soft, medium or hard? Is shine really important to you? If it is I would go with the Perm Repair (cheaper) or the KeraCare setting lotion. Sorry to add other suggestions but I have different setting lotions for different feels. I almost forgot to mention that Mizani has a setting lotion that leaves no build up with a very soft hold. Your hair won't feel weighed down or sticky. If you really like Fantastic Body by Dudley's I would use it by itself and then I would mix a little with some purified water (the second time around). You'll see a big difference when it's diluted. No film.