Setting to Success 2013

mshoneyfly

theprototype
:yep: Ive been looking at standup dryers for quite a while. Right now I just have a hooded attachment to my blowdryer. It gets the job done bc Im high porosity; my hair dries fast

I LOVE this HHJ!!

brownb83

Gonna do a rod set tonight. I must order lots of pillow curls and quick curls while miss jessies has this sale

Sholapie

I'm looking to join the 2014 challenge too. Just bought my rollers, I've ordered the clips that slide all the way in, I still need a dryer too. Pretty excited!

Blairx0

I'm looking to join the 2014 challenge too. Just bought my rollers, I've ordered the clips that slide all the way in, I still need a dryer too. Pretty excited!

I will be making a 2014 thread at the end of the month. Looking forward to seeing your sets

Blairx0

All rolled up and under the dryer.Trying to get my moisture to protein balance in check before I flat iron for thanksgiving

Blairx0

Roller set post flat iron roots

ForumRunner_20131115_215941.jpg

ForumRunner_20131115_215952.jpg

Here is the other side. I tried to flat iron on piece and while it got straight ky ends got crispy. I need to do an overnight DC before I take next week's set to a flat iron and put Crisco on my ends.

ForumRunner_20131115_220124.jpg

theprototype

My table top Gold N Hot dryer stopped working two weeks ago, so have been airdrying since then. Was missing the sleek results of rollersetting.

Unfortunately a Pibbs wasn't really in my budget, and the LCL dryer doesn't ship to Canada, so had to find an alternative. After some (quick, since I'm impatient) research, the Babyliss Pro Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer seemed to be a reliable contender.

I ordered it from Amazon.ca on Sunday, and received it yesterday (the postman came on Thursday, but I was working therefore missed the delivery. Had to wait until the next business day to pick it up :(). Couldn't wait to use it, plus I promised mshoneyfly a review ;)

The dryer was very easy to assemble - took about 5 minutes. The only tool that seemed necessary was a wrench to tighten a bolt.

The dryer has 3 heat settings (I, II, and III) and has an On/Off option for its ionic setting. It also has a switch inside the bonnet to change the direction of the airflow. It extends to be about 58" high (probably not great for a really tall person).

Overall, I'm happy with the it! I fit under it comfortably with my grey magnetic rollers. Took me about an hour and a half to fully dry my hair on the hottest setting. No faster than my tabletop dryer though. On the other hand, with my Gold N Hot, after an hour, the top of my head would be dry, but my lower sides and back of my hair would still be damp, therefore I'd have to reposition those rollers to the top. With the Babyliss, every part of my whole head of hair dried evenly.

Anyway, here are some pics! :grin:

mshoneyfly

theprototype
Thanks for such a thorough review. Your hair came out really gorgeous. Been looking at this dryer for a while. I didn't know the Babyliss had a switch to change the air flow direction. Seems like that would be handy. Im gonna get it from Amazon prime so that means free 2 day shipping!! I will be ordering soon :yep: so thanks again

I LOVE this HHJ!!

sharifeh

I wanna see how someone flat irons their roots after setting. I can't seem to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

theprototype

Your hair looks great! Nice work. I looked at the dryer too and thought it may not dry the very back because of the shape of the helmet, but your set seems flawless.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I wanna see how someone flat irons their roots after setting. I can't seem to figure it out

If I can't roll too tight, I use the iron at 200 degrees. 350 got me too straight once. You just run the iron over the roots, but in small sections. If you need to, add more heat protectant.

theprototype

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. I've been following this thread from the sidelines, and find you all really motivational! :D I definitely plan to be more active in the 2014 thread.

Rozlewis

It's been a hot minute since I've done a set. I have been falling in love with my air drying. i think I have the technique mastered. However, today I thought I would try a quick ponytail set. So here I go sitting under my Pibbs.

Blairx0

I did end up doing a ponytail set. Now I am under the dryer and hoping this goes quick because I am sleepy. I plan to pin curl tonight and flat iron tomorrow

MayaNatural

I recently tried the ponytail roller set on my natural hair..

I used KeraCare wrap foam lotion, which I absolutely love.. But for some reason my hair still turned out puffy and not sleek like I wanted it. So I decided to do a silk wrap with plastic wrap.. It still didn't turn out like I wanted it.. I think this is going to be trial and error with the right products. Next time I will try As I Am leave in conditioner with As I Am curling jelly over top. I love that combo with my curlformers.

Attachments

• image-2096137644.jpg
    image-2096137644.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2703395619.jpg
    image-2703395619.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3713851023.jpg
    image-3713851023.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 48

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I recently tried the ponytail roller set on my natural hair..

I used KeraCare wrap foam lotion, which I absolutely love.. But for some reason my hair still turned out puffy and not sleek like I wanted it. So I decided to do a silk wrap with plastic wrap.. It still didn't turn out like I wanted it.. I think this is going to be trial and error with the right products. Next time I will try As I Am leave in conditioner with As I Am curling jelly over top. I love that combo with my curlformers.

I just love your hair! The curlformer set is to die for. I hope they have a sale bc I want some curlformers.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

MayaNatural

I just love your hair! The curlformer set is to die for. I hope they have a sale bc I want some curlformers. HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Thank you :) I got mine at Sally's BSS when they had 25% off. I had to buy 1 bundle with the hooks and 2 individual packs that had 6 (I think) rods per pack. I have to make my sections really small in order for my set to come out right. I'm still experimenting with roller and rods, trying to stretch my natural hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thank you :) I got mine at Sally's BSS when they had 25% off. I had to buy 1 bundle with the hooks and 2 individual packs that had 6 (I think) rods per pack. I have to make my sections really small in order for my set to come out right. I'm still experimenting with roller and rods, trying to stretch my natural hair.

Is it curlformers at Sallys or an off brand? TIA

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF