Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I love setting and miss it totally BUT I an working out frequently and it is a lot of work to sweat it out.

Nyssa28

Nyssa28 What about a chunky braid out with perm rods on the ends? Granted my hair was already stretched, this style took me about 15-20 mins to do and it lasted maybe 5 days with pineapple'ing at night. Braid your hair just until you leave the scalp, then smooth and roll the length on perm rods or whatever rollers you like. I'll attach some pics showing what I mean. You can also try a ponytail set. Well a lot of Ladies say that this method shaves off setting time but it takes me around the same amount of time as a normal set. So I tend to save those for when I need to trim.

Very pretty! I like how beach wavy your hair is. Maybe I need to try chunkier braids to get this look.

Nyssa28

Nyssa28 I just wanted to share my blog post about rolling with conici rollers. I really love them once I got the hang of them. The thing about these rollers is that they are wider than a regular roller. So instead of doing a Mohawk, I divide my hair into 4 sections and put 3 rollers per section. Doing it this way cuts down on my rolling time. I set like this when I know I am going to use a flat iron after roller setting.

I like this concept! Where did you purchase your rollers? Napp

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ForumRunner_20140926_105955.jpg
Results of my curlformer set dried with the LCL dryer.

I should get my roller setting DVD tomorrow, so I'll watch it this weekend. Next wash day, I'll try an actual roller set with my Italian mesh rollers.

winona

Does anyone know what happened to the fashion megastore? I need some french mesh rollers for a friend. Where is everyone buying their rollers from?

Blairx0

Does anyone know what happened to the fashion megastore? I need some french mesh rollers for a friend. Where is everyone buying their rollers from?

Never heard of it. I bought some capelli care rollers online that infor is in the vendor form. My plastic rollers I got a Sallys. The others from a random bss. I had some French rollers I was trying to get rid of .

ForumRunner_20140926_124229.jpg

If you want them let me know

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
A good wash and roller set is calling my name. My french braid is frizzy & dusty looking but I just need it to get me through a football game today lmbo

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Finally set today after possibly a couple months. Went back to an old favorite: CHI Silk Infusion. I did regular rollers in the back and pony tail rollers in the front.

Attachments

• image-2221176802.jpg
    image-2221176802.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 78

Blairx0

I know better than to start setting this late, but here I am. I have conditoner in my hair, so there is no going back.

I plan to use my centre rollers to speed up dry time.

Next time i will plan to my weekends better

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The beast has been tamed for the week! I had to sprinkle some Jesus juice in her to get her to act right!!! lol TGFR (Thank GAWD for roller sets)

Before (right after taking down french braid from last set)

After (curls after take down from today's set)

ETA: And guess what?! Honey boo boo chile bout to go right back in a french braid! lmbo

Last edited:

Blairx0

Rollerset was bust. Even with my vented rollers I still had sections of damp hair

I was too sleepy to care. I took out the rollers put in flexi rods and went to sleep.

When I woke up my hair was still damp. This lo po life is for real.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Anybody setting this weekend? I was thinking of doing a flexi rod set and enjoy wearing my hair out for the week. That is, until I checked the weather and realized we are having 94+ temperatures next week. So magnetic roller set- turned into a french braid- for another week it is. Hopefully I can get a flexi set in just in time for the fall festival activities I'm taking my kids to in a few weeks. I envision my hair blowing in the wind & flying all around my face while I'm on the hay ride! lmbo

Blairx0

Yawning under the dryer. I hope my hair dries soon. I normally need two hours to dry, but I am hopefully that the setting lotion will help my hair dry faster

winona

[USER=328439]Blairx0[/USER];20596303 said:
Never heard of it. I bought some capelli care rollers online that infor is in the vendor form. My plastic rollers I got a Sallys. The others from a random bss. I had some French rollers I was trying to get rid of . If you want them let me know

Thanks I have some that you are trying to get rid of and they are not as heavy as the French mesh. I was going to give some of mine to my niece if I could get some more but now I think I am just going to give her some of my plastic mesh

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

coilyhaircutie

finally made the flaxseed gel. my hair loves it. i also made my own detangler using marshmallow root and slippery elm powder. the flaxseed is in the pump jar, the detangler in the spray bottle:
gel and detangler.jpg
these are the recipes i used:
detangler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KgH-Caodw
gel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaH8GIbLrM

here's how my hair came out. i used the pink & orange curlformers, airdried overnight. great hold and very shiny.
flash:
hair-flash.jpg

no flash:
hair without flash.jpg
hair without flash2.jpg

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
finally made the flaxseed gel. my hair loves it. i also made my own detangler using marshmallow root and slippery elm powder. the flaxseed is in the pump jar, the detangler in the spray bottle:
View attachment 278713
these are the recipes i used:
detangler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KgH-Caodw
gel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaH8GIbLrM

here's how my hair came out. i used the pink & orange curlformers, airdried overnight. great hold and very shiny.
flash:
View attachment 278715

no flash:
View attachment 278717
View attachment 278719

Beautiful results! Those products def agree with your hair cause honey your hair is blinging! Looks so smooth too.:yep: coilyhaircutie

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Got a head full of rollers in and about to make some shrimp tacos for lunch :lick:

Oh and I had to throw away a bag of rollers that were snagging my hair. They were at least 5 years old & flimsy. Poured out a lil liquor for my dead homies! lmbo :lachen::lachen:

coilyhaircutie

Beautiful results! Those products def agree with your hair cause honey your hair is blinging! Looks so smooth too.:yep: coilyhaircutie

thanks girl! lulu97 :) I'm happy to find 2 products that I can use on my hair...and they're cheap & super easy to make! Lol so much for spending money this whole year trying to find the holy grail setting product when all along all I had to do was boil some flax seeds :lol: I think the marshmallow root helped with the shine & hold too. I also stopped using the trader joe's tea tree tingle shampoo & conditioner, that ish was drying my hair out!

you had me rolling with the "Poured out a lil liquor for my dead homies! " LOL. they're in a better place now.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
When I finally take my sew in out I'm going to let my hair breath for a week b4 getting another sewin so I'm going to rollerset! I may end up doing my curl formers or flexirods. I usually always do curlformers and haven't tried flexirods on my hair yet. This is going to be exciting to try.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Air dried this set while I cooked lunch, then dinner & watched football games. Decided to do a twisted updo for the week instead of my normal french braid.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Setting my head now. I did a pony set just in the front last week, but it takes too long to dry so I just used less rollers.

Lilmama1011

ForumRunner_20141005_181136.jpg

I did a full head rollerset. I set in front of the fan for 20 minutes and then under the dryer for 20 minutes on medium heat and it was surprisingly dry! I then pin curled it. Won't take out til Monday