“setting To Success” 2016

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My curls will not last another day lol. It wasn't my intention to wear it curly but I used smaller rollers and nothing with hold so I ended up with small, pillow soft curls. I should've flat ironed my edges and crown and wrapped my hair last night but I was too lazy. I'm kinda happy I didn't because it's been raining all day and is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Currently in 3 bantu knots. We'll see how this turns out tomorrow.

ETA: well it's tomorrow...one of my bantu knots came down while I was sleeping. The majority of my hair is pretty. But that one section is a hot, stretched out mess and I can't fix it. If I could wear hats at work I'd put some pillow rollers in it. Oh well. Halo twist here I come.

Last edited:

faithVA

I have worn my hair out for an entire week. I think this is the first time every. I did a curlformer set, then a perm rod set, then several days of flat twist and curls and today I did a cornrow twist out. I was starting to perfect my flat twist out and curl. It looked better and better each day. Each day it poofed less and less. And my roots are still nice and straight.

I'm going to oil my scalp and put in two flat twist. I will do another set on Tuesday night to get ready for Christmas party.

PlainJane

I straightened my hair for Thanksgiving and got a 2-3 inch trim. My ends look great and my hair is still a little past APL.

I ended up flat ironing with shea butter on my hair so I hope nothing bad happens.

My job is about to get really busy these next few weeks so I'm going back to protective styles during the week. No more scrunchies and hair ties.

Also, my hair doesn't like shampoo. Back to using conditioner washes weekly and only shampoo sometimes.