“setting To Success” 2016

AgeinATL

Since I'm almost out of my its a 10 leave in I ordered the curl junkie smoothing lotion and curls in a bottle. I used to love these products in 2011ish and I think they will have enough T slip/ be light enough to use as a roller set.

They are cone-free which is not my usual jam, but I use cones in my DC, shampoo, conditioner, and daily moisturizer, so I think it should be okay.

This has AMAZING slip, so you are right, it would definitely help with rollersetting. I didn't find it super moisturizing, but the slip was definitely there.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I asked this in the U1B1 thread but I figure I might as well ask here too.

For any of those that are natural who deal with bushy ends, how do you handle it? I'm asking because my nape is natural and the ends stay bushy even when I mouisturize it. As I was flat ironing today, I was getting little balls (idk how else to describe it) on the ends. It was really annoying.

I swear this is what would make me not want to transition anymore. I really don't want to deal with this all over my head.

I agree with previous posters that mentioned ssk's and keeping the hair stretched to minimize them. I hate to feel them in my hair. Also since the hair from my ears down is fine, ssk's cause shed hairs to "catch" on to them and cause even more tangles and sometimes breakage. Each wash day, I give myself a 10 ssk cutting budget. Sounds silly but it gives me a peace of mind, without going overboard just cutting all willy nilly.

I must also note that the last few wash days have been great as I didnt have to cut any at all as I didnt see any. I know that's mainly because my hair has been super straight from setting, traditional wrapping my hair at night and making sure to remove shed hairs more often though out the week. My hair is curly at the moment from flexi rods and has not been detangled the best so I'm sure they will show up soon though. Grrrrr :mwahahafire:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@toaster I used to love me some Curl Junkie. That smoothing lotion smelled yummy and always gave nice and fluffy sets....especially in the summer time. Light enough to not weigh the hair down. Not alot of moisture but that could easily be fixed by using a regular moisturizer throughout the week. Good stuff.

I didn't care for the Curls in the bottle. It was more like water in a bottle. (For my hair)

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@AgeinATL Girl, those pesky ssk's drive me insane. I cut 2 inches off yesterday. I didn't even realize that my hair was an inch from WL, the shrinkage made it look like my hair was short :drunk:
But yeah, right now I am enjoying my hair straight and being able to see/feel my scalp LOL. I will have to figure out different methods to keep my hair as stretched as possible.

@lulu97 I'm realizing that my hair straight is a breeze and relief from these ssk's. I don't use heat often since I don't have the patience with all this hair, but I just might look into doing silk presses on occasion.

toaster

I also ordered that cool cap soft nylon bonnet attachment for my overhead dryer. Summer is coming and that definitely means I won't feel like burning up under the dryer. I'm hoping the cap allows me to turn up the heat on my dryer and be done in less time.

L.Brown1114

Omg!! So my color is out of my hair. Only one inch was left so my stylist said I don't need to chop my hair off! I do still have heat damage but she went with me to the store to purchase oloplex and the whole line of joiko k-pak moisture recovery line since it was on sale!! Love her to pieces for doing that for me!

I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow. I'll add a pic of what I want. She's adding highlights though for dimension because I don't like the "one color" look. She's also leaving a tiny bit of my roots uncolored so I don't have to bleach my brows. So excited I'm going to make a thread tomorrow with pics and update in here!

Oh and here's a pic of my goodies' excuse the dirty table and ratchet snapchat caption lol

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 57

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@L.Brown1114 That color is fire.

The Joico MR line is hands down my favorite line as well, and believe me I have tried a lot of products. I use the shampoo and conditioner every wash day and I add the treatment to the line up every other wash day.

It's the only line where I love everything. The products are amazing individually ......but together? Together they are mind blowing. I eventually want to try the gold k-pak line.

L.Brown1114

@L.Brown1114 That color is fire.

The Joico MR line is hands down my favorite line as well, and believe me I have tried a lot of products. I use the shampoo and conditioner every wash day and I add the treatment to the line up every other wash day.

It's the only line where I love everything. The products are amazing individually ......but together? Together they are mind blowing. I eventually want to try the gold k-pak line.

Yes! I've seen you and other members claim its praises. I figured if I LOVE the DC alone Im going to be obsessed with them all together!

L.Brown1114

@L.Brown1114 Using that line has changed my life. This is the only thing I use now on wash days. I will be loyal forever.

So are you going to transition out of your heat damage?

Nice! I'm excited to use this line and it's legit. Not knock offs from marshalls (I'm convinced marshalls and tj maxx are knock offs) lol

I'll def. be letting you guys know my hairs progress with this line and the oloplex. And yes I am slowly growing out my heat damage. I'm gonna stay natural and just straighten my often to get my straight hair fix and never let another soul straighten my hair again :mad:

LdyKamz

Nice! I'm excited to use this line and it's legit. Not knock offs from marshalls (I'm convinced marshalls and tj maxx are knock offs) lol

I'll def. be letting you guys know my hairs progress with this line and the oloplex. And yes I am slowly growing out my heat damage. I'm gonna stay natural and just straighten my often to get my straight hair fix and never let another soul straighten my hair again :mad:
You make me think about cutting off my heat damage. It's weird though because since I've been straightening myself the only parts that are straight-ish are the very front and the very back. Both of those spots are super fine and after my first big chop even without using heat those parts lost the curl pattern anyway as my hair got longer. So I imagine I'd have the same problem whether I used heat or not. But sometimes I still think about cutting just to make sure.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

I can't speak for all discount stores, but I can say this as I have spoken to the buyer at my TJ Maxx for the beauty department. She buys directly from Joico every single month. I even gave her my phone number so she can Holla at ya girl when the new stash arrives. She has never called me though :lachen:

L.Brown1114

I can't speak for all discount stores, but I can say this as I have spoken to the buyer at my TJ Maxx for the beauty department. She buys directly from Joico every single month. I even gave her my phone number so she can Holla at ya girl when the new stash arrives. She has never called me though :lachen:

Really??! My aunt told me otherwise but she is an uppity negro lol

ParagonTresses

Greetings ladies!! Just pooping in to ask a quick question....do you all re-roll your hair at night? So far I haven't needed to, but with all the rain in my area, I know these curls won't last all week. Please forgive me if this question has already been asked.

toaster

Greetings ladies!! Just pooping in to ask a quick question....do you all re-roll your hair at night? So far I haven't needed to, but with all the rain in my area, I know these curls won't last all week. Please forgive me if this question has already been asked.
I sleep with my hair in two Bantu knots so that j can keep a loose wave pattern without re-rolling. My grandmother has been setting her hair since before I was born and she rolls every night. She's about BSL now.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Omg!! So my color is out of my hair. Only one inch was left so my stylist said I don't need to chop my hair off! I do still have heat damage but she went with me to the store to purchase oloplex and the whole line of joiko k-pak moisture recovery line since it was on sale!! Love her to pieces for doing that for me!

I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow. I'll add a pic of what I want. She's adding highlights though for dimension because I don't like the "one color" look. She's also leaving a tiny bit of my roots uncolored so I don't have to bleach my brows. So excited I'm going to make a thread tomorrow with pics and update in here!

Oh and here's a pic of my goodies' excuse the dirty table and ratchet snapchat caption lol

My stylist used Oloplex in my hair when it was colored. She added it to the color. That stuff is AMAZING!!! My hair feels sooooooooo good. I still don't know exactly what it is though, lol.

I cant wait to see the color! The color in the pic looks really pretty; very nice for the spring/summer.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

I maintain in a few ways, but I don't re-roll.

If I'm wearing it straight: cross wrap or traditional wrap
If I want a soft wave: 1 big top knot/bantu knot
Flexi rod curls: pineapple

toaster

I finished my first month of vitamins today! I purchased my second bottle sometime last week. I've transitioned to just taking the four vitamins in the morning so that I don't have to think about taking them in the afternoon. I've been through so many changes over the last month (switched birth control method, dropped one of my prescription skin creams, started using a clarisonic, added new skincare products to my regimen) that I can't say for sure, but SOMETHING is making my skin even and glowy, giving me more energy, and no side effects, so I'll keep taking them.