“setting To Success” 2016

faithVA

My set turned out nice but my ends definitely need a trim. I will trim them the next time I color which is probably in two weeks.

I separated the front to see how it looks in the second picture.

I used the TGIN twist Creme and red and orange flexi rods. I will hope for the best. If it doesn't work out I will just twist my hair up when I get to work.
20161120_225113.jpg 20161120_225404.jpg

toaster

Thank you for posting :2inlove::2inlove:

You have such beautiful hair!
Thank you! Your hair is gorgeous as well! So thick and fluffy.
My set turned out nice but my ends definitely need a trim. I will trim them the next time I color which is probably in two weeks.

I used the TGIN twist Creme and red and orange flexi rods. I will hope for the best. If it doesn't work out I will just twist my hair up when I get to work.
View attachment 379777 View attachment 379779
:toocool::toocool::bdance::bdance::bling:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

Y'all in here showin' up and showin' out tonight, :yep: I love it!

AgeinATL

I feel that your sets are getting better and better! Beautiful results!

faithVA

20161121_170224.jpg It did poof but it's still wearable. Last month when I did it, it was destroyed by 10 am and I ended up putting in flat twist. I'm thinking maybe a cream and a job oil or a gel and an oil. I need to see if I have a gel with no humectant.

I'm going to trim my ends tonight and try a flat twist out for tomorrow. I think part of my issue is me ends are porous.

faithVA

Yes ma'am! I have never used a flexi rod in my life.

I know naptural85 has some older videos on how to turn stretched hair into another style so I'm going to watch those. If I could get two weeks out of a roller set I could let my hair growth even longe .
Oh... I think you will like flexi rods. :yep:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Finally did a rollerset! I used green perm rods, sat under the dryer for an hour and I've been letting them cool for over an hour. Basically I'm too lazy to take them out. And I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to style my hair so they'll sit for a little while longer

Sunshine_One

QUOTE="MileHighDiva, post: 23340311, member: 299138"]Happy B-Day to another OG roller setting queen @Sunshine_One![/QUOTE]

@MileHighDiva

Hey there!!! Thank you so much! :kiss:

I actually got my hair blown out & flat ironed for my b'day this year. Been rocking curly for most of the year. I need to get back into setting. I do utilize my Caruso Steam rollers when my hair straight. I may use on Thanksgiving. If I do I'll snap a few pics to share.

Glad to see this thread still going strong.

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!! :grouphug3:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
It is such a hassle to upload pics and I suck at taking pics of my hair. The pic is probably huge but I tried. I set with APB leave-in which has a serum consistency and lotta body setting lotion mixed with water and a liquid bamboo extract. My hair is light, soft and bouncy.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
The glycerin could be the cause of the frizz. Glycerin does seem to work out well when separating. It draws in moisture and the hair just goes gaga
My hair is fine and frizz prone. I get less frizz when I set with gel. I think it's because my hair has zero hold and is so soft and bouncy. I normally don't pay attention to if a product has glycerin or not I just know for this product because you have to pick one of the options when you order lol. My hair cooperates with everything except aloe vera juice.

faithVA

My hair is fine and frizz prone. I get less frizz when I set with gel. I think it's because my hair has zero hold and is so soft and bouncy. I normally don't pay attention to if a product has glycerin or not I just know for this product because you have to pick one of the options when you order lol. My hair cooperates with everything except aloe vera juice.

It's worth investigating. My hair likes glycerin but I can't use it when I want to wear my hair out. Maybe next time you try a set try it with products that don't have humectants.