Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Please post your thoughts (and pictures!!) on the wave curlformers. Debating between ordering the wave or barrel CF next.

This is my second time using the deep wave curlformers. I posted about them a couple weeks ago, here.

I like them a lot for stretching, updos, and bunning. I haven't found the right product combo for hold, so that I can wear the waves for longer than a day. But since Im protective styling, hold isn't a big deal for me right now anyway.

They are easy to install, but tough to fit under the dryer. I have to scrunch the length up into the dome of my lclbeauty dryer.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Thank you for posting pictures! I love how the set came out. What did you use for your set? Like MHD said, it is so shiny!!

I used Marshmallow Moisture Balm as a leave in (I believe it gave me the hold) and Ion Humidity Defying Serum.

ETA: I used a lot of the serum, like a dimed sized amount per section. I'm hoping it will help the set last through my boot camp workouts. If not, I will have to wash and set twice a week or stop setting altogether. Fingers crossed, folks.

bebezazueta

I was a roller setting expert as a relaxed head. Since I've been natural, I only tried once. I want to change my wash and go regimen to a roller setting one in the cooler months. I get way more ssks and the dryness is challenging my length retention. I got 2 trims last year so I only retained a few inches. I want to retain more and get to waist length this year.

I have the French bouffant rollers, and hard plastic mesh rollers along with knockoff curlformers. I want to purchase those Ethiopian rollers and wave curlformers. SMH!

I'll be back with a starting photo. My hair is currently straightened and freshly trimmed.

ETA:

Last edited:

bebezazueta

@bebezazueta
Your hair always looks so healthy...I'm excited that you're going to be hanging out with us.

Having an OG roller setting Diva active in the thread should help me elevate my setting game.

Thank you! You all are motivating me! Gorgeous heads of hair in here!

I'll make sure to take pics of my sets when I do them. It's all about sectioning and roller placement.

faithVA

I was a roller setting expert as a relaxed head. Since I've been natural, I only tried once. I want to change my wash and go regimen to a roller setting one in the cooler months. I get way more ssks and the dryness is challenging my length retention. I got 2 trims last year so I only retained a few inches. I want to retain more and get to waist length this year.

I have the French bouffant rollers, and hard plastic mesh rollers along with knockoff curlformers. I want to purchase those Ethiopian rollers and wave curlformers. SMH!

I'll be back with a starting photo. My hair is currently straightened and freshly trimmed.

ETA:

So pretty and so full. Looking forward to your sets.

AgeinATL

I wish I had taken a before picture, but I was running late and my husband and I had dinner reservations for NYE. It started off gorgeous. I will post before pictures next time.

Here is the after. It had reverted quite a bit at the roots due to the rain, humidity and sweating but the curls held on. These results were with the hourglass/Ethiopian rollers. My FB rollers would have gotten my roots a bit straighter.
I had to put something over my face. Chile, it was a LONG night. :cheers:
Post.jpg

toaster

I wish I had taken a before picture, but I was running late and my husband and I had dinner reservations for NYE. It started off gorgeous. I will post before pictures next time.

Here is the after. It had reverted quite a bit at the roots due to the rain, humidity and sweating but the curls held on. These results were with the hourglass/Ethiopian rollers. My FB rollers would have gotten my roots a bit straighter.
I had to put something over my face. Chile, it was a LONG night. :cheers:
View attachment 384525
Soooo pretty!

brownb83

So between school and work and home I'm trying to simplify my routine. Normally I would add a holding gel to each individual roller but in order to save time I will start to moisturerize in larger sections. this should work since I will have to set twice a week.