LushLox

I was an avid setter and could easily do very nice sets with minimal effort then all of a sudden I just stepped off for a couple of years. Not sure why cause roller setting was a game changer for my hair.

Got back on it again this week after a long break and will continue every week.

faithVA

I bought some rollers from Amazon but I bought the wrong size :lol: So I purchased some more and they should be here this week. I'm not sure when I will rollerset again. I'm thinking I will be more motivated when I can rollerset and bun but my hair even though it is growing is nowhere near bun worthy :sad:

But at least I will have the rollers I need and I think I know how to get a good set. Will probably wait until September to set again.

bluenvy

Girl who you telling @lushlady

The weather heated up last April, I thought I'd be good sitting in ac and fan running.
Oh no no no, I was pregnant at the time too.

:think:
Maybe on a summer night after the rain cools everything, put the cool setting on dryer to use for once.
Idk, The universe will have to work in my favor for this rain to happen on the night I want to set.

How are you ladies beating the heat doing sets that requires heat?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Girl who you telling @lushlady

The weather heated up last April, I thought I'd be good sitting in ac and fan running.
Oh no no no, I was pregnant at the time too.

:think:
Maybe on a summer night after the rain cools everything, put the cool setting on dryer to use for once.
Idk, The universe will have to work in my favor for this rain to happen on the night I want to set.

How are you ladies beating the heat doing sets that requires heat?
It's not hot here yet but one summer when I set for a wedding, I just moved the dryer to the basement and turned on the air.

bluenvy

Used hourglass rollers for this set.

Products used in exact order.
TGIN shampoo, Camille Rose Algae Renew deep conditioner,
TGIN Triple moisture conditioner.
TGIN Green Tea Leave in, and ORS Wrap set mousse.

Attachments

• IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5755.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 70

PlainJane

Ladies, I've been using Oyin hair dew for a while but I would like to try a different moisturizer.

I'm pretty heavy handed with my products so nothing too expensive.

Any suggestions? I need lots of moisture. I trust you guys :)

LushLox

Just doing a set now. Used Chi Keratin and SachaJuan as leave-ins

I forgot how hard it is to rollerset when it's hot outside. Another hour or so until this set is dry.

ETA: Nah the SachaJuan is too moisture rich for rollersets. Hair was okay but the curls drooped too quickly. Will only use one leave in in future or just water and serum.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Soooo I am sitting under the dryer now with a flexirod set on my short (neck length) natural hair. if it turns out right, i will do this once weekly during the summer and contribute to this thread. i used to LOVE rollersets before shaving my head, idk if it's long enough yet to look right. we shall see.

AgeinATL

I did a set today and it will definitely be my last for the summer.

I need to find a new leave-in for setting. I'm out of the SSI coco creme. Loved it but I went through it too quickly. Thinking of trying the TGIN leave-in conditioner.

I was using the Jessicurl too Shea, which makes my hair super soft after it has dried but it doesn't offer enough slip while setting.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@AgeinATL The TGIN Leave in is good, I just don't care for the bottle cause it can be annoying to squeeze product out.

I want to start roller setting agian because I need another alternative besides blow drying to stretch, which I can't stand.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Flexirod set results right here.
Mmmmmnkay I feel semi kinda cute right now. FH was rushing me to get to this cookout so some spots just didn't dry, hence the lil frizz canopy. And then I hit it up with the pick to get rid of my parts and went a lil crazy so yea. But I think I can work with this.
IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1594.JPG

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL The TGIN Leave in is good, I just don't care for the bottle cause it can be annoying to squeeze product out.

I want to start roller setting agian because I need another alternative besides blow drying to stretch, which I can't stand.

You know, I keep hearing that same complaint about that leave-in. I hate having to beat the damn bottle on the counter just to get the product out! Your hair seems to be just as finicky as mine so I might give it a try.

That's my whole reason for rollersetting. I LOVE the stretch and smoothness that it gives, especially the ends. I HATE....I repeat, HATE blow drying my hair. It takes a long time and my hair always feels dry and it looks super frizzy. I have way too much hair and too little patience to do it again. While rollersetting takes me about an hour and 15 minutes and almost 2 hours to dry, the results are far superior to blow drying.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
You know, I keep hearing that same complaint about that leave-in. I hate having to beat the damn bottle on the counter just to get the product out! Your hair seems to be just as finicky as mine so I might give it a try.

That's my whole reason for rollersetting. I LOVE the stretch and smoothness that it gives, especially the ends. I HATE....I repeat, HATE blow drying my hair. It takes a long time and my hair always feels dry and it looks super frizzy. I have way too much hair and too little patience to do it again. While rollersetting takes me about an hour and 15 minutes and almost 2 hours to dry, the results are far superior to blow drying.

Yeah, I wish they considered changing the bottle because it's such an annoyance. I haven't done a rollerset in a long time due to laziness. Since ssk's took my hair hostage, I need my hair as stretched as possible. I hate blow drying in general. The other day when I used it, my hair felt so dry and brittle.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask a question.

My shortest layers are chin-length when straightened. What size/color hourglass rollers would you recommend that I use if I'm going for a loose, wavy look? Do you think the white ones are too large for chin-length hair? I was thinking of going with the pink. I've never roller set my hair before, so I don't have a mental reference point, despite watching a few YouTube videos.

Also, where is the best (most economical) place from which to purchase hourglass rollers? Ebay? If so, is there a recommended seller/brand? Anyone have a link?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask a question.

My shortest layers are chin-length when straightened. What size/color hourglass rollers would you recommend that I use if I'm going for a loose, wavy look? Do you think the white ones are too large for chin-length hair? I was thinking of going with the pink. I've never roller set my hair before, so I don't have a mental reference point, despite watching a few YouTube videos.

Also, where is the best (most economical) place from which to purchase hourglass rollers? Ebay? If so, is there a recommended seller/brand? Anyone have a link?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

You can get them from here http://longing4length.com/shop/

I believe the lady who sells them is a member here. I'm not sure which size would be more suitable, maybe the the pink/green ones. Maybe some else can chime in.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Thanks! About how many are folks purchasing? Should I order 3 packs of 12? 4 packs of 12? More?

I haven't ordered from there before. I know other ladies in this thread have. I do have hourglass rollers but I've had them for a few years, and I bought them another member who used to sell them at the time. I personally bought 3 packs at the time ( white/green) because I have a lot of hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I haven't ordered from there before. I know other ladies in this thread have. I do have hourglass rollers but I've had them for a few years, and I bought them another member who used to sell them at the time. I personally bought 3 packs at the time ( white/green) because I have a lot of hair.

Thanks so much. I saw an Amazon review by a lady with armpit length hair. She said she bought 2 pink packs and 1 blue pack, and did not use all of them. I might do that. I'll watch this thread for responses for a few days.

Thank you so much for your help.

bluenvy

Hi @YvetteWithJoy

I purchased from longing4length. I purchased 2 pink packs and 4 white packs.
Haven't used white hourglass rollers yet, I have to purchase a bigger dryer to use them.

When I use pink rollers I only use 17. My hair is Bsl.

I think you will be fine using whatever ones you decide on.
You will get loose beach wavy hair with less products.

I like my curls with hold, adding styling foam to get an more sculpted look that will last a few days.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi @YvetteWithJoy

I purchased from longing4length. I purchased 2 pink packs and 4 white packs.
Haven't used white hourglass rollers yet, I have to purchase a bigger dryer to use them.

When I use pink rollers I only use 17. My hair is Bsl.

I think you will be fine using whatever ones you decide on.
You will get loose beach wavy hair with less products.

I like my curls with hold, adding styling foam to get an more sculpted look that will last a few days.

Helpful. Thanks so much!