LushLox

I'll be doing another very early morning roller set tomorrow. It's too hot to even contemplate attempting it any other time of day. I have a new Philip Kingsley Volumising mist so keen to try it out.

Let's hope I don't sweat it out before I walk out the door. :look:

faithVA

@flyygirlll2 @faithVA

BRUH! Ya'll weren't kidding about this hard ass bottle tho! I can't even squeeze it! I can already tell that I am going to have to transfer it to another bottle. This is ridiculous.

Until I transfer it to another bottle, I store it upside down. When I use it I bang it on the counter and it comes out faster without a lot of squeezing. Hopefully, they will change the bottle soon.

LushLox

I'll be doing another very early morning roller set tomorrow. It's too hot to even contemplate attempting it any other time of day. I have a new Philip Kingsley Volumising mist so keen to try it out.

Let's hope I don't sweat it out before I walk out the door. :look:

The curls dropped out before I even got up to look in the mirror! :lol: It's my own fault though as I didn't use my usual foam wrap mousse as I've run out. :ohwell: I didn't mind too much, my hair was very soft when done so my resulting bun looked nice with a few wavy tendrils.

I'm setting again today but not too bothered about the curls as I'm simply using it as a method to dry my hair and to get that smoothness. Will use a curling iron to style later and those curls stay in ALL day!

Beany

Haven't checked in here in awhile. Still setting. I was in a PS for a few weeks and I will be doing another in a week or two. I did a failed pony tail roller set saturday smh. Tonight, I set my hair using the "new" spoolie rollers that are making a comeback. I didn't order enough and had to bantu knot some of the front. If the curls are cute I'll order 2-3 more packs (I used 4). I'll update this post when I take my hair down tomorrow.

Beany

Haven't checked in here in awhile. Still setting. I was in a PS for a few weeks and I will be doing another in a week or two. I did a failed pony tail roller set saturday smh. Tonight, I set my hair using the "new" spoolie rollers that are making a comeback. I didn't order enough and had to bantu knot some of the front. If the curls are cute I'll order 2-3 more packs (I used 4). I'll update this post when I take my hair down tomorrow.

This was a fail. 16 hours of air drying and my hair still wasn't dry. I dampened my hair with water and used CR fresh curl and DE honey curl forming custard. This failure had me running late for 4th of July drinking so I did a fake halo braid and cussed those rollers the whole time lol. I might try again in the Fall.

toaster

I can't wait to get where I can just chop off healthy ends because my hair is too long!!!

I hope that the job is still going well. Haven't seen you post in a while so I assume that it has been keeping you busy!
Hey!! You'll be there so soon! How's your hair doing? I hope everything is going well for you!

I have been super busy and super lazy with my hair. Yesterday was the first time I deep conditioned in months. I've just been cleansing and conditioning in the shower. Whoops. I'll try to do better!

AgeinATL

Hey!! You'll be there so soon! How's your hair doing? I hope everything is going well for you!

I have been super busy and super lazy with my hair. Yesterday was the first time I deep conditioned in months. I've just been cleansing and conditioning in the shower. Whoops. I'll try to do better!

Girl, I'm just trying to get to your level! I have to keep trimming back to WL due to an increase in SSKs. To get over the hump, I am thinking about setting every other week since it is the only thing that makes my ends smooth and SSK free.

Hang in there with the job!

toaster

It's been a few days and I just want to advocate for trimming post roller set. I set in the Mohawk pattern and after it was dry I took one roller out at a time and trimmed. My hair falls in really nice layers whenever I do that.

You probably need medium length hair to be able to get the back, but it works!

I'm loving my shorter do. It has much more shape, which isn't super important when you always wear a bun, but still.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Good afternoon,
I really want to roller set and have been daydreaming about it. I am waiting until the cool weather comes.

Question:

Do you ladies know of a soft bonnet dryer that will fit over big rollers? I don't want the ones that you attach to a blow dryer?

faithVA

What new things are you looking to try? We nosy!

I can't wait until it starts cooling down so that I can set again but in Atlanta that ain't until September.
I bought some more magnetic rollers so I want to try to let setting with those.

I'm also curious to see if using gel on my ends or a split end serum keeps my ends from drying out.

I want to see if I'm able to bun after I set.

And I just want to see if my flat twist out after my set looks any different.

It's hot and humid in VA as well but I will do a set at the end of August because it's time for my length check and to dust my ends.

toaster

I bought some more magnetic rollers so I want to try to let setting with those.

I'm also curious to see if using gel on my ends or a split end serum keeps my ends from drying out.

I want to see if I'm able to bun after I set.

And I just want to see if my flat twist out after my set looks any different.

It's hot and humid in VA as well but I will do a set at the end of August because it's time for my length check and to dust my ends.
Woo can't wait!!