Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
These are the results of finger combing out the curls and putting in a single bantu knot. Not a single comb was used. And this was at the end of the day after wearing a ponytail for a few hours and re bunning it. I think this will replace straightening.

Attachments

• 22831421_10154901763651643_226865097_o.jpg
    22831421_10154901763651643_226865097_o.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 84

RossBoss

So I did my first rollerset since becoming natural. It came out too frizzy for my tastes. I used setting lotion and a little bit of gel. I am going to try it again but I will be using Fantasia IC Heat Protectant Straightening Serum and see if that gives me a smoother set.

Taleah2009

Day 5 of my perm rod set and it's still looking good. My edges bushed up but I just put gel on them and pinned them back. I probably could get this style to last a full week. I even worked out last night and it's still hanging. I'll be washing and doing a traditional set tomorrow because I have a concert Friday night and I want straight fluffy hair for that. I hope my hair comes out how I envision in my head.

imaginary

So I tried to experiment with the velcro rollers which was.... a big no. I wasnt about to struggle with them after the first rollers was a major tangle so I cut off the velcro part (got that idea from someone in here) and then used the rollers underneath which was interesting. My drying time was under an hour. I had let my hair dry a little beforehand because of laziness, which resulted in a not so smooth set.

I'm gonna just give in to only doing ponytail rollersets from now on based on the results of experimenting with rolling techniques. I tried rolling my hair with only the roller, with a ponytail and with a starting plait in place of the ponytail holder. Using just the roller was ok for my ends but my roots are very meh, same with the plaits. The only annoying thing with ponytail rollersets are that the roots take longer to dry but I'm willing to overlook this.

View media item 129543View media item 129545

Taleah2009

IMG_2183.jpg Ok finally can upload pics now that I downloaded an app to resize the pics.

Here is a pic of the flexi rod set I did 2 weeks ago using the mane choice coconut mousse.

I used As I am leave conditioner and SM curl enhance smoothie followed by the mousse. I got 6 days out of this set and could have pushed it like 2 more if I really wanted to. I will be redoing this size this weekend

Taleah2009

IMG_2184.jpg IMG_2185.jpg IMG_2186.jpg IMG_2187.jpg

Here are the results of the rollerset I did using the hourglass rollers which in LOVe by the way. Still need some practice to get the roots straight. The pics of above I flat ironed the just the roots with one pass.

The part I can't figure out is how to keep my set looking this sleek for a few days. I started bushing up the next day. I still wore it out from Friday-Tuesday. This morning I converted it over to two flat twists with ends tucked to rock for the rest of the week. I will wash again on Saturday and do a flexi rod set.

My next actual rollerset will be for Thanksgiving

The pics below are showing my starting length. I am APLish I think and I'm natural. I am really trying to refocus on hair care and finally make it to MBL and then WL. I will DC and set once a week for the cooler months.

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Taleah2009

So I tried to experiment with the velcro rollers which was.... a big no. I wasnt about to struggle with them after the first rollers was a major tangle so I cut off the velcro part (got that idea from someone in here) and then used the rollers underneath which was interesting. My drying time was under an hour. I had let my hair dry a little beforehand because of laziness, which resulted in a not so smooth set.

I'm gonna just give in to only doing ponytail rollersets from now on based on the results of experimenting with rolling techniques. I tried rolling my hair with only the roller, with a ponytail and with a starting plait in place of the ponytail holder. Using just the roller was ok for my ends but my roots are very meh, same with the plaits. The only annoying thing with ponytail rollersets are that the roots take longer to dry but I'm willing to overlook this.

View media item 129543View media item 129545

Your Ends got really straight! Nice!

faithVA

View attachment 415283 Ok finally can upload pics now that I downloaded an app to resize the pics.

Here is a pic of the flexi rod set I did 2 weeks ago using the mane choice coconut mousse.

I used As I am leave conditioner and SM curl enhance smoothie followed by the mousse. I got 6 days out of this set and could have pushed it like 2 more if I really wanted to. I will be redoing this size this weekend
Looks fabulous

Saga

The Generous Queen
Sorry for the photo being sideways

http://[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/20ifech.jpg[/IMG]

This is how my curlformer set came out on halloween night. Then it immediately swelled up once I tried flat ironing, and I now realize it was because I used aloe vera as a leave in which probably pulled the moisture from the air. So I purchase some lotta body setting lotion and a BB Foam Wrap for next time.

Taleah2009

Forgot to post but I did my weekly routine on Sunday morning before church (terrible idea btw because I was rushing lol).

I woke up super early, washed with SM shampoo, did a 2 min protein treatment, DC with SM

I then did a perm rod set. I didn't take pics though because it looked pretty similar to the first I did it. The first time came out a smidge better.

I will be setting again on Friday night because I have a wedding on Saturday. I'm going to attempt to put my set into some form of updo. The wedding is black tie and I am wearing a gown so I think an up do will be perfect

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
View attachment 415283 Ok finally can upload pics now that I downloaded an app to resize the pics.

Gorgeous results!

imaginary

Ponytail rollerset with my modified velcro rollers was a success. I tried my CON argan mousse because I realised it actually didn't have glycerin like I thought. Going to keep using/experimenting with mousse for my sets because it was very smooth and pretty soft, no stickiness at all. Of course I didn't let it dry all the way because I'm impatient, but I really think I can get the drying time down to an hour if I do bigger ponytails but with more rollers to each one.

I may have to look for some rubber bands to put at the roots and hope those allow my roots to dry faster since the hair ties may be what's blocking air from getting to the roots.

View media item 129565View media item 129563

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
A roller set on dry hair.

image.jpg
I washed, henna treatment, DC'd overnight and stretched my hair in 6 tight braids to airdry. I had no intentions on rollersetting but time and opportunity was presented (sleeping toddler and newborn) so I took it. I took down each braid one at a time, misted with a little water and used my hourglass rollers. Because my hair was already airdried in braids, it only took an hour of air drying after I set with the rollers. I finger combed the curls out. I like this method of setting. Much easier to do with 2 little ones requiring my attention. Of course my hair is not silky smooth like it is with my normal method of wet setting, and you can still see a bit of my braided texture but I'm only putting my hair in a single braid so I don't mind.

faithVA

A roller set on dry hair.

View attachment 416349
I washed, henna treatment, DC'd overnight and stretched my hair in 6 tight braids to airdry. I had no intentions on rollersetting but time and opportunity was presented (sleeping toddler and newborn) so I took it. I took down each braid one at a time, misted with a little water and used my hourglass rollers. Because my hair was already airdried in braids, it only took an hour of air drying after I set with the rollers. I finger combed the curls out. I like this method of setting. Much easier to do with 2 little ones requiring my attention. Of course my hair is not silky smooth like it is with my normal method of wet setting, and you can still see a bit of my braided texture but I'm only putting my hair in a single braid so I don't mind.
Had me all confused. :lol: Beautiful as always

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
all these pretty rollerset pictures make me wanna take out these braids but then i stop and think about actually having to wake up and do my hair every morning and i'm gooooood for now. :lol:
i do need to get back to rollersetting eventually tho....these braids probably shouldn't stay in past thanksgiving.

Britt

This is sooo pretty! Your hair looks sooooooooo smooth like straightened hair! I can't believe this is a pic of a 2 week old flexi rod set. Did you do flexi rods on wet hair?

Last edited:

Taleah2009

This is sooo pretty! Your hair looks sooooooooo smooth like straightened hair! I can't believe this is a pic of a 2 week old flexi rod set. Did you do flexi rods on wet hair?

Sooorryy that was the day I did the flexi rod set. I posted the pics 2 weeks later lol. I wish it lasted that long. I get a fair amount of frizz by like say 4 but I can push it for a few more days.

Britt

Sooorryy that was the day I did the flexi rod set. I posted the pics 2 weeks later lol. I wish it lasted that long. I get a fair amount of frizz by like say 4 but I can push it for a few more days.
thank you!!! I was like damnnnnnnnn lol ! I'm thinking when I big chop I would like to try out perm rods so I'm interested to see how much wear can ppl get of them, wondering if they hold up for a week. I guess I'll find out for sure when I do big chop and use them.

Beany

I haven't set since the end of spring smh. Next month I'm back on it. *whispers* I want those bouncy curl rollers. Yes, I know I have magnetic rollers (various sizes), flexi rods (various sizes), perm rods (various sizes), french bouffant rollers, hourglass rollers (various sizes), curlformers blah blah blah, but I want those bouncy curl rollers too.