Seven Wonders "Hair Food" Cocktail

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I don't think I could drink this.....YUCK! The raw egg is throwing me off.

The following drink contains Protein, Choline, Inositol, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin E and Zinc: The seven ingredients' nutritionists most often recommend for growing healthy hair.

8 Fl oz Plain Yogurt
8 Fl oz Orange Juice
3 Tablespoons Wheat Germ
3 Tablespoons Brewers Yeast
1 Tablespoon Lecithin Crystals
1 Teaspoon Vitamin C Crystals
1 Raw Egg Yolk
1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin Powder
Honey to Taste (optional)

Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. If a blender is not available put all the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.

This tonic makes a quick and nutritious breakfast and will work wonders for your hair.

This cocktail should help just about everyone, and you will certainly notice a difference to your hair once you try it.

Another recommended regime for hair loss which has proved to be very effective is a supplement of the Amino Acids, Zinc and Vitamin C. This supplement is particularly good for people who go on crash diets and find a problem with hair loss, or problems which are less obvious such as women who are losing hair as a result of birth control pills and subsequent vitamin and mineral deficiencies

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Vitamins.htm

JazzyDez

Intersting....i would have to skip the egg too. :lol: Is it just for the protien? I eat enough meats so that wouldnt be a problem

LaNecia

I felt the same way about raw eggs, until I tried them in a protein shake. The only effect they have on the texture is they make it creamy, like you've added milk or a cream (without the fat). It's not slimy like you'd think at all! :up:

If you do this route, be sure to use PASTEURIZED eggs (I prefer egg whites as they provide protein without the fat!).

VWV

myco

VWVixxen said:
I felt the same way about raw eggs, until I tried them in a protein shake. The only effect they have on the texture is they make it creamy, like you've added milk or a cream (without the fat). It's not slimy like you'd think at all! :up:

If you do this route, be sure to use PASTEURIZED eggs (I prefer egg whites as they provide protein without the fat!).

VWV

That make sense. Kind of like the way you don't taste raw egg when you eat cookie dough or cake batter.

But that Brewer's yeast is some nasty stuff.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
JazzyDez said:
Intersting....i would have to skip the egg too. :lol: Is it just for the protien? I eat enough meats so that wouldnt be a problem

It says egg yolks are rich in biotin, choline, and pantothenic acid

LaNecia

Sidenote on the raw eggs though, I remember a thread from a few years ago where it's stated that the consumption of raw eggs blocks the absorption of some other nutrient (I'm cringing but I want to say it's biotin). So, whatever that nutrient is, if you eat a lot of raw eggs daily, you'll want to supplement it.

Maybe someone can search for it? My lunch break is over so I can't do it right now.

VWV

Puddles

On Cloud 9
VWVixxen said:

VWV

I'm with you on the fat.......but I do eat an egg with the yolk now and then because of the vitamin content. The whites do not have the same vitamin content.

I might give this a try since you said it just makes it creamy. :)

LaNecia

Puddles said:
I'm with you on the fat.......but I do eat an egg with the yolk now and then because of the vitamin content. The whites do not have the same vitamin content.

I might give this a try since you said it just makes it creamy. :)

Some health food stores like Whole Foods here in San Diego and supplement stores like NutriSport sell pasteurized egg whites. I stress this because you run the risk of getting salmonella poisoning if you use unpasteurized eggs. Just a word of caution.

Also, site that sells egg whites is Egg Whites International but they are a bit pricey (add shipping costs).

I've never tried the egg substitutes in the grocery stores though, it might be worth looking into. I'd recommend getting a SMALL container first and see if you like it, then if so, GO FOR IT! :yep:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
VWVixxen said:
Some health food stores like Whole Foods here in San Diego and supplement stores like NutriSport sell pasteurized egg whites. I stress this because you run the risk of getting salmonella poisoning if you use unpasteurized eggs. Just a word of caution.

Also, site that sells egg whites is Egg Whites International but they are a bit pricey (add shipping costs).

I've never tried the egg substitutes in the grocery stores though, it might be worth looking into. I'd recommend getting a SMALL container first and see if you like it, then if so, GO FOR IT! :yep:

Oooo girl I really don't know. I have never eaten a raw egg. Not even in cookie dough or cake mix. I like my egg whites boiled or scrambled.
That's why I said I "might" try it. :lol: That's a big might though. :grin:

ThursdayGirl

VWVixxen said:

This is very good advice!

itismehmmkay

I've heard amazing results of ppl just taking the lecithin and wheatgerm alone. In Sept., I plan to have more money to be consistent w/ these things and wheat germ/lecithin/yogurt shakes are on the list!

JazzyDez

I see what you ladies saying about not tasting it but getting that consistency....hmmmm maybe if some of you ladies try it with a good review I would give it a try.... Right now i'm too scurred :look: . I just cant stomach the thought of raw eggs...I dont even like them sunny side up. I like all of my food well done!:D

Chinagem

VWVixxen said:
Sidenote on the raw eggs though, I remember a thread from a few years ago where it's stated that the consumption of raw eggs blocks the absorption of some other nutrient (I'm cringing but I want to say it's biotin). So, whatever that nutrient is, if you eat a lot of raw eggs daily, you'll want to supplement it.

Maybe someone can search for it? My lunch break is over so I can't do it right now.

VWV

Yes, you are absolutely right. This is from freedavitamins.com : [FONT=Arial, helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]d-Biotin is the vitamin nutritionists use to help strengthen hair and nails. d-Biotin also has many other beneficial functions in the body. d-Biotin is depleted from the body when large amounts of egg whites (especially when raw) are consumed. This is important for those on diets stressing only egg whites.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]