Seventh Day adventist

webby

Think Slim
AJamericanDiva is Seventh Day...you could probably PM her, if she doesn't spot this thread :)

AJamericanDiva

kisz4tj said:
I'm gonna fall out. I also go to Kingsboro!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!! I was just telling Natalied that I don't know too many people there for the many years that I've been going!!! OK, world's tooooo small!!!! You better post a pic. Do you recognize my by pics in my album???

kisz4tj

No actually I don't. I joined 2 years ago. Does my face look familiar? :) Do you hold any offices, are you always there?

aqualung

I was raised SDA, and I still attend regularly. I don't observe all the rules, but I like our prophecy, health, and education doctrine.

kisz4tj

My pic is my avatar. Here's another

good2uuuu

natalied said:
I went to Kingsboro for years when I lived in NY. I also was a part of Haitian Mass. My aunt still attends there. Here name is Ketsia.

Oh! I' am kinda really missing NY now. I was born and raised in NY. My father was in church administration in Northeastern Conf. Unfortunately I never had the chance to visit Kingsboro. I have heard so many good things about that church though. My parents moved down to Hunstville, AL in 1989 during my senior year in college.

Were you part of Haitan Mass when they were at OC alumni weekend a few years back? That choir is OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I'd so be in heaven if I could join a chior like that!!! No such luck in Minnesota though...lol!

AJamericanDiva

kisz4tj said:
No actually I don't. I joined 2 years ago. Does my face look familiar? :) Do you hold any offices, are you always there?

It's hard to really see your face from the lil' pic, that's why I said you should post one. I don't hold any office or anything. I have to admit that I am not always there in that I tend to travel a lot. We must make it a point to meet one Sabbath.

AJamericanDiva

megonw said:
I was raised SDA, and I still attend regularly. I don't observe all the rules, but I like our prophecy, health, and education doctrine.

Hey Megon!!! :wave: I think we all have our issues... for me, I still wear jewelry and cosmetics. My Uncle is a pastor at a church in Brooklyn and we have discussions about this. Other than that, there are foods that I consider unclean and will not eat, I'm into temperance, etc.

AJamericanDiva

kisz4tj said:
My pic is my avatar. Here's another

Your phase looks vaguely familiar. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm going to be there... like this Sabbath for instance. I'll be sure to look for you.

MomofThreeBoys

No, I had already left. I left in 1997. I loved being in Hatiain Mass! But after I had my second child, I couldn't go to the rehearsals anymore. To tired! But it was so much fun!!!!

The best part of Haitian Mass was that it was interdenominational. I would say half were Adventist and the other half mostly COGIC or Pentecostal. It's was funny b/c half the choir would start shouting or catching the spirit and the other half would just look at them:lachen:

good2uuuu said:
Oh! I' am kinda really missing NY now. I was born and raised in NY. My father was in church administration in Northeastern Conf. Unfortunately I never had the chance to visit Kingsboro. I have heard so many good things about that church though. My parents moved down to Hunstville, AL in 1989 during my senior year in college.

Were you part of Haitan Mass when they were at OC alumni weekend a few years back? That choir is OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I'd so be in heaven if I could join a chior like that!!! No such luck in Minnesota though...lol!

AJamericanDiva

good2uuuu said:

Kingsboro's youth choir is good as well. You can check out the services online. www.kingsborosda.org. You can watch live on Sabbath mornings at 11am or see past services. The wonders of modern technology. I love it!

MomofThreeBoys

Yes you should definetely check out the services! I watch them periodically whenever I miss NY or when I need new praise team songs!:D

AJamericanDiva said:
Kingsboro's youth choir is good as well. You can check out the services online. www.kingsborosda.org. You can watch live on Sabbath mornings at 11am or see past services. The wonders of modern technology. I love it!

Last edited:

AJamericanDiva

This coming Sabbath evening 5:50pm they're having a concert , "Take Me Back: A Tribute to Gospel music"! I'll be sure to stay in Brooklyn all day.

good2uuuu

AJamericanDiva said:

Thanks for that link! I missed most of church in January due to either my son being ill or the servere sub zero weather that wraked havoc on my hubbys car. He had to use mine because he MUST be at the hospital. (I hate Minesota winters) I do tune in to WOCG, Oakwoods station. I hear the service from there. It's cool because that way I can share church with my folks since they attend Oakwood church. With the Kingsboro link, I can actualy 'have church' at the appointed time...lol!

good2uuuu

By the way Diva, I love your albums! You really beat a face well. It takes talent to make people look good and not clownish, know what I mean?

AJamericanDiva

natalied said:
No, I had already left. I left in 1997. I loved being in Hatiain Mass! But after I had my second child, I couldn't go to the rehearsals anymore. To tired! But it was so much fun!!!!

The best part of Haitian Mass was that it was interdenominational. I would say half were Adventist and the other half mostly COGIC or Pentecostal. It's was funny b/c half the choir would start shouting or catching the spirit and the other half would just look at them:lachen:

As you should know, Kingsboro is a very spirited church. When I was growing up in the church, there was a time you dare not clap your hands in church. Just maybe it could be done in an evening service, possibly if not held in the church or maybe they'd even wave their programs so the paper would make that noise. Other than that, it was strictly "Amen". I love attending Kingsboro as I can stand to my feet, lift my hands as I praise the Lord. Sometimes when I think of the goodness of the Lord, I can't contain myself.

kisz4tj

good2uuuu said:
Oh! I' am kinda really missing NY now. I was born and raised in NY. My father was in church administration in Northeastern Conf.
Oh your Dad probably knows my grandmother. She was the treasurer at NEC for awhile.

AJamericanDiva

good2uuuu said:
By the way Diva, I love your albums! You really beat a face well. It takes talent to make people look good and not clownish, know what I mean?

Yes, why thank you! Imagine that! A SDA makeup artist!!! :rofl: