Several Random Product Reviews

Kaela

I'm an experimenter..a lot these are products you all probably wouldn't try, ever. I don't think I've seen too many of them recommended on this board, and now I know why /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif , maybe I should call most of these anti-recommendations but here goes:

* Back to Basics So Straight Anti-Frizz Conditioner *: I think this line is currently being discontinued, so I got it rather cheap at a salon. Did not give very good slip, and upon rinsing my hair just had a stiff, dry feel to it, even though a used a palmful of it. After 2 trys, chucked this in the trash.

* Back to Basics Anti-Frizz Balm *: more like a thin liquid rather than a balm, I found that applying this to damp hair made it hard and dry feeling, and stiff as well; probably intended for already straight or smooth textured hair; behaved more like a weak gel.

* Back to Basics Get Shine Detangler *: /images/graemlins/mad.gif Did NOT get shine or any detangling action. Same effect as the other b-to-b products. This is just the worst...

*Aubrey Organics Highlighter Mousse in Chestnut Brown *: This product is a natural one, a quote "brings out red highlights in dark hair". Well, its a thick gooky gel product that hardens hair like no joke, and it stains your hands. It has a strong, weird scent to it that you can smell once it has dried, especially in humidity. Doesn't bring out highlights either. I was trying to use it to cover light ends, it is advertised for hiding gray hair...I doubt it would do this effectively especially if you were wearing a loose style. Definately don't wear a white shirt if you use this, it stains!!!

* Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioning Shampoo *: If you like highly fragrant, potent sweet flower scents you might like this one. For me its overpowering, so now I use this as a bodywash instead of a shampoo. Its a nice shampoo, but I found it to be a bit more drying than other AO shampoos.

* Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Hair & Scalp conditioner *: same potent sweet scent as the shampoo, good for softening (not nearly as good as Island Spice), I found it was kind of hard to rinse off my scalp for whatever reason.

* Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Shampoo *: nice clean spicy scent, good cleaning power without overstripping. I would definately buy this again. Use sparingly to avoid dryness.

* Giovanni Magnetic Restruxturing Conditioner *: I just had to buy it because it looked and sounded cool (even though I know enough about chemistry/physics to know it probably isn't working the way they claim it would). Very lightweight texture, almost whipped cream lightweight, so you need a palmful to cover hair. Does an average job of softening, but I don't think that the cost justifies the outcome.

* L'Oreal Kids Extra Gentle 2 in 1 Shampoo *: I'm a kid at heart, and for a around 2+ dollars I don't mind smelling like candy. I bought this just for fun, but it actually does a wonderful job cleaning w/o overstripping if used sparingly. This is about as synthetic as you can get, though, so that might turn a lot of people off (aside from smelling like Bubblelicious gum).

* Nioxin NX3 Follicle Booster *: I have tried this for several weeks along my hairline (not daily, but consistently). I have noticed no difference in growth, sadly. I think I'll stick to vitamin E & essential oils...the cost for this does not justify the outcome.

* Black Seed Oil *: Unless I got a bad batch, it has a super strong, almost burnt or pungent scent to it. It also made my scalp itchy, and there is no way I could have this in my hair at work, I'd get some noses turned up at me. I can't say if this contributes to growth, but I don't think I'll ever find out.

* Orange Essential Oil *: I added a few small drops of this to a palmful of AO GPB, and those two combined give a really nice fragrance. Good feel for the scalp too. I cannot emphasize 'sparingly' enough here unless you want to smell like a juice stand.

Long live the brave PJ! /images/graemlins/cool.gif