Severely Damaged Hair Recommendations

U2girl

Hi Ladies,

I am new here and I have learned alot so far, but I had a hard time finding information for someone with severely damaged hair (Prolly cause you all have long hair already) :)

If you are aware of a regimen that helped turn your hair around or certain products, please post. Or if there is a book that you feel is really helpful, I will take that as well.

Basically I have worn braids and wigs and didn't do anything to my hair underneath. I really didn't care about it, but now I am starting to care and want to work towards growing my hair. I don't feel that anything done is irreversible at this time.

Thanks in advance!

msa

If your hair is actually severely damaged and is breaking/splitting and not responding to better haircare, then you should cut it and focus on the healthy hair you have.

Now if your hair is just really dry and unmanageable due to neglect then that could be fixed by dcing, balancing your protein/moisture, and keeping your hair moisturized.

There is a difference between the two. Truly damaged hair can not be salvaged and needs to be cut off.

baby42

i know dcing and protein treatment really help me and a lot of moisturizing and baggy oh and i had a short hair cut

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

We receive frequent questions about breaking hair and related problems. Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:

1. Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
2. Apply a generous amount of Motions® CPR conditioner.
3. Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
4. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
5. Rinse with room-temperature water.
6. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
7. Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
8. Dry and style your hair.
9. Apply Motions hairdressing every morning.

You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.

10. The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse then lather with CPR shampoo.
11. Rinse lightly.
12. Apply a generous amount of Motions CPR conditioner.
13. Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
14. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
15. Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
16. Dry and style your hair.

Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

This is what I used when I first found the hair boards and it saved my hair. I didn't follow it exactly. My staples were the Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment, Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, Motions Nourish Leave-In, Motions CPR Shampoo, Motions Lavish Shampoo.

What I did differently was sometimes i used poo(maybe once every 2 weeks) and sometimes I followed the Motions CPR treatment w/ the Motions Moisture Plus. I always Deep conditioned w/ plastic cap and heat. I didn't use their brand of wrap lotion, sheen or grease.

I highly recommend Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment(this is what stops breaking) and Motions Moisture Plus.

I'm not sure what exactly is wrong w/ your hair but if it has split ends, please get them cut.

Here are some old threads about this recipe: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=65832&highlight=motions+recipe

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=6752&highlight=motions+recipe

leona2025

We receive frequent questions about breaking hair and related problems. Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:

1. Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
2. Apply a generous amount of Motions® CPR conditioner.
3. Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
4. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
5. Rinse with room-temperature water.
6. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
7. Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
8. Dry and style your hair.
9. Apply Motions hairdressing every morning.

You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.

10. The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse then lather with CPR shampoo.
11. Rinse lightly.
12. Apply a generous amount of Motions CPR conditioner.
13. Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
14. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
15. Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
16. Dry and style your hair.

Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

This is what I used when I first found the hair boards and it saved my hair. I didn't follow it exactly. My staples were the Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment, Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, Motions Nourish Leave-In, Motions CPR Shampoo, Motions Lavish Shampoo.

What I did differently was sometimes i used poo(maybe once every 2 weeks) and sometimes I followed the Motions CPR treatment w/ the Motions Moisture Plus. I always Deep conditioned w/ plastic cap and heat. I didn't use their brand of wrap lotion, sheen or grease.

I highly recommend Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment(this is what stops breaking) and Motions Moisture Plus.

I'm not sure what exactly is wrong w/ your hair but if it has split ends, please get them cut.

Here are some old threads about this recipe: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=65832&highlight=motions+recipe

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=6752&highlight=motions+recipe

This sounds like a good Reggie, but I just want to know why the shampoo is excluded for a month and do you only have to use Motions products?

gorgeoushair

This sounds like a good Reggie, but I just want to know why the shampoo is excluded for a month and do you only have to use Motions products?

I'm not sure why shampoo is excluded for 1 month. No you don't have to use motions products. I would say sub the CPR Conditioning treatment for a similar deep conditioner that has moisture and protein in it.

sharifeh

to echo what msa asked, what exactly is wrong with your hair?
is it super dry?
heat damage?
breaking off?
The first thing you need to do is start deep conditioning at least
do you have a good deep conditioner?

Yes I would love to know exactly what's wrong with her. Some pics would be good too. I get that you said you just wore braids and wigs and never did anything with your real hair but some specifics and pics would still be nice.

Last edited: