sew in weaves and matting

NYRICAN

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to care for my hair while in a sew in weave. I just noticed that I have some buildup on the weft of the weave. How can I remove this buildup so I dont lose any hair since I am using this as a protective hairstyle. Also how long can I leave the weave on without experiencing any damage. I was going for 2 months. thx in advance guys

hOnii

wash your hair to remove buildup. is it synthetic or human? and what texture? if its human then comb through as you hold on to the weft from base to ends. that should minimize matting.

NYRICAN

Yes the hair is human hair I bought from Lugos in brooklyn new york . Should I dilute the shampoo? I have heard of some girls using a toothbrush to do this. also should I condition as well and put in a leave in like infusium 23? Sorry for all the questions but I am trying not to lose any hair while I am in the weave

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
yes, treat the weave like your own hair...and the toothbrush thing is good for weft buildup. i use regular shampoo and conditioner on my weaves

hOnii

NYRICAN said:
Yes the hair is human hair I bought from Lugos in brooklyn new york . Should I dilute the shampoo? I have heard of some girls using a toothbrush to do this. also should I condition as well and put in a leave in like infusium 23? Sorry for all the questions but I am trying not to lose any hair while I am in the weave

thats a good idea..that toothbrush thing. ima have to start doing that.

i dont dilute my shampoo..