Share your best styling tips

GettingKinky

I am styling challenged and very lazy, not a good combination. Anyway I want to wear my hair out more this year. Please share any tips you have for making your hair look good when you wear it out.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
A few things that I do:
1) I feel like most of my hair styles look the best on stretched and smooth hair. Doesn't have to be straight, just smooth...so I use roller sets as my base. I maintain the body/curl with 1-3 bantu knots. 1 knot=loose curls while adding more gives tighter curls. I alternate between them all just to switch things up here and there.

2) Learn how to braid or until you get the hang of it...just twist. They add a really nice focal point to any style.

3) Accessories. I love banana clips...They spice up ponytails while letting you showcase your length.

4) Google. I google hair styles often and just practice till I can get the hang of it.

You have seen most of these styles in the setting to success thread already. lol

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
lulu97 I love your styles, and you are most definitely not hair lazy like me.

I have my days when I can't be bothered with my hair. Believe me out of a 2 week wash period, I'll only wear it down maybe 4 or 5 times. I should also mention that I hate hair touching my face so that's another reason I wear it up sometimes. But I also love it to be blowing in the wind so I'll let it down to play here and there. My hair is a true Gemini just like me. lol