Share Your Experiences With Ayurvedic Hair Products Please...

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'll be watching this thread closely. Wow! You guys are really going in.

@IDareT'sHair, I can't wait to hear your review of cactus oil!

So far I've been trialing ayurveda very, very slowly. But I can say that CurlyProverbz's ayurvedic hair tea (water, alma, brahmi, and shikakai) gave me INSTANT results. I was shocked! Moisture and strength at the same time! My ends looked and felt incredible. So economical and better than any commercial product I'd yet bought (such as the Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea spray).

Regarding glycerin: I never knew Chicoro was using a spoon of it in step one of her moisture-drenched pre-poo. I did it for the first time last wash day, and it was a winner! It seemed to help seal in the avj. It also made my hair more pliable.

My next project is to create a DIY curl activator. It will contain argan oil, amla, glycerin, and I'm not sure what else. Once I get something that performs like curl activator, I'll share!

Continued success, ladies. I am LOVING reading about your results.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@YvetteWithJoy
:goodpost:
Great Post. Thanks Sis.:kiss:

I see you said you are going to get Bask & Bloom's brahmi DC'er? It's very, very nice!:love2:

It's amazing how a simple tweak can make such an immediate and impact on your results.

Hopefully, we'll all be sharing our results together.

GGsKin

I need to sit back and have a proper catch-up but Yvette is right, you ladies are going in and I love it!

The way my work schedule has been, I haven't made time to pamper my hair. I have some time off so I'm looking forward to switching that up. I'm going to stock up on some oils, get round to using that sedr, and try do some other things:look:

Aggie

@Aggie
Which ones did you get?
Here's my order from Zenia:

Order summary
Zenia Multani Powder × 1
100g

Zenia Pure Henna Powder Bottle × 1
200g

200g Zenia Indigo Powder Hair / Beard Dye Color 2017 Crop × 1

Zenia Brahmi Amla Hair Oil 100% Natural No Mineral Oil 200ml × 1

Zenia Indigo Henna Amla Hair Oil 100% Natural No Mineral Oil 200ml × 1

Zenia Amla Brahmi Shikakai Hibsicus Bhringraj Maka Hair Oil 200ml × 1

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Keravada Creme Brulee - hit. love the smell. feels great going on my hair. only thing is I feel like I definitely need something more moisturizing underneath. I am researching some moisturizing teas I could spritz before applying. in the past my hair hasn't liked shea butter but this blend and whipped consistency is amazing, plus great ingredients. I'm really hoping this will allow me to incorporate shea butter which will help my growth take off. My twists looked juicy and shiny even before applying an oil.

Keravada Super Ego - Love this oil. definite hit. great blend of ayurvedic ingredients. and the smell is really subtle and fairly pleasant (vs stronger more herbal smell many ayurvedic oils can have) which makes it easy to use regularly. I use my more herbal oils as pre-poo soaks before wash day. and saves me the hassle of creating my own (and money from ordering CurlyProverbz)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Looking forward to my next overnight Ayurvedic Oil Soak. I think I'll use Ses.a Oil?

@Aggie Did you grab your Se.sa Oil?

Will also use my Ayurvedic Masque (Powders mixed with JMonique's DC'ers)

Aggie

Looking forward to my next overnight Ayurvedic Oil Soak. I think I'll use Ses.a Oil?

@Aggie Did you grab your Se.sa Oil?

Will also use my Ayurvedic Masque (Powders mixed with JMonique's DC'ers)
No not yet. I won't be getting anything else right now. I have to figure out a use for the oils I do have. I have a liter of Brahmi oil and a liter of Bhringraj oil, and a few of the Zenia oils. So I'm good for a while.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did an overnight Ayurveda Mask on Saturday which was a DC'er mixed with Powders.

Still trying to incorporate Oils/Powders into my Regimen in 2018.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: a Zenia Ayurvedic Oil yesterday.

For my Ayurvedic Masks which I took JMonique Naturals DC'ers and mixed them with Amla, Brahmi Powders.

In JMonique I have Masks like:
Triple Seaweed
Hibiscus & Burdock Root
Wheatgrass & Spinach
Irish Moss & Cocoa

I took a couple of these and mixed them with a Teaspoon of Ayurvedic Powder (enough for x1 or x2 applications)