SHE....DID....THAT!

Lilmama1011

Her trim method didn't look very professional but she did need that cut, her ends was bad, it looked better after she cut it. I could never do spirals with a flat iron, only do the little bump on the end and that's it. But I'm not for direct heat so I don't want to learn, I'm not trying to pick up any bad habits

danniegirl

if I would have just listened to her video with out watching it I would have thought she really knew what she was doing and she was very informative

However I was seriously cringing while watching this I was thinking everything she was doing was in excess. It really was to many passes to much combing and brushing and to much cutting but like I said she sounded nice and informative.

CodeRed

I guess I'm one of the few who liked the way she trimmed (or cut) her hair. I had a stylist do a similar choppy cut on my hair and it looked really nice - but the way my hair laid after the flat ironing had more body/bounce than this (it wasn't in curls though). That's why I don't think I liked this end result... It doesn't have much movement. In the still pictures it looked like her hair would be really bouncy, but when she was flat ironing it looked pretty stiff and just stuck out.

She did a good job though. It definitely looks like something that would be in a salon book.

kupenda

Them ends needed to go. Im all for a good trim. After a year and with color treated hair, an inch is more than enough. Maybe 2 inches was excessive but we don't know if they felt raggedy to handle in relation to the hair closer to the scalp. I dont mind the trimming technique either. I've had that done before. But im not a fan of the fifty thousand passes with a flat iron at it's max. I let a stylist straighten me and my hair hadn't completely reverted. I wonder if this lady is concerned about reversion or just wanted something new

Fenaxa

Those ends were awful, thankfully they did go but the 'next in line' ends looked like they too were well on their way to becoming like their predecessors - I'm sure due to the color in her hair.
Also, if she cut about 2" of ends off, and the beginning of last year 2013 is when she colored her hair, doesn't that mean that the girl is close to where she was last year in terms of length because looking at the amount of dark hair, I'd say she grew about 2" in some places? That really doesn't make sense because of the amount of colored hair. I'm probably overlooking something huge LOL
The way she combed those ends seemed kinda harsh and like it can thin ends.. All in all, the end result is nice, but the colored part of the hair looked dry as if it needs more moisture and protein.
Lastly, I do see dandruff, is that from a dry scalp? Sulfur 8 can help with that I know. Maybe castor oil.
However, her natural hair looked soo pretty and so did that very first picture of her straightened hair. All in all, it's a good tutorial style video.

southerncitygirl

dem ends was busted, they had ta go..... i don't like the number of passes she had to use on such high heat....high heat should be paired with quick passes, she moved too slow with the flatiron. the end result was lovely though.

sparkle25

I actually really liked the cut but I don't like hair that is cut bluntly...I like the choppy look. The end results were cute to me. I have never curled hair with a curling iron, I always use a flat iron because i like the curls better with a flat iron. They look more natural to me. I dont like hair that looks like its been done if you know what i mean, I learned how to curl with a flat iron by accident one day.

While watching her comb the girls hair, I was thinking my hair would be breaking left and right if that was done to me! And I felt like that was way way too much heat. Is all that heat necessary to get hair that straght/curly on some people of? Last time I went to the salon, they straightened my hair using blow dryer, a pressing comb and then a flat iron. I didn't get any heat damage, or I don't think I did because my hair reverted just fine afterwards. That was many years ago though and now I would never let someone do that to my hair again. It was pretty cute though in the end. Didnt like the hair color at all though.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

I thought that those ends needed to go. Between her her being dyed, and not having a trim in a year, she was due. It looks like she took off about 2". You could see from where the comb started to struggle, that she needed a trim, not a dusting.

And this is speaking from a person who will cut and 1-2" inches off in a minute, in order to have nice healthy ends :yep:

Yes, I agree. I got a trim last August and had been styling on colored hair and my ends looked a mess. I had to get about 1.5 to 2 inches cut, being that prior to that trim, I hadn't had one in over a year.

I decided at that point I wasn't dusting anymore and get a trim 3-4 times a year so I don't have to end up with a cut instead of a trim. I am not a fan of raggedy, stringy ends, even when I was relaxed.

Her hair turned out great.

blondemane

I love it! Gives me hope that I can hopefully get my 4b/4c hair looking that good when I straighten next Christmas!

chebaby

i was watching the vid trying to see what the op saw. i dont see it.

she used WAY too much heat. in straightening the hair and then going back to curl the hair:nono: i sure hope that girls hair bounces back. i watched on mute so i didnt hear if she plans on always wearing her hair straight or not.

then that cut was so sloppy:nono: i cant believe she even thought that cut was good enough to be filmed.

and while i dont mind a good trim she was hacking off way too much. she didnt even attempt the smooth the chiles hair with a comb.

FoxxyLocs

I didn't mind her method of cutting, but I think she cut too much due to not using the comb chase method. Also I think she used too many products prior to flat ironing and that's why the hair didn't have much movement. If she had more body, the cut wouldn't have looked so choppy.

Honestly I would prefer using a blow dryer than to use the hooded dryer and then 5 passes on 450. The hooded dryer is still direct heat.

I use a blow dryer on warm and 1 pass with the flat iron on 350-400.

Britt

I enjoy Mo's channel and I love her hair. I'm not sure if she's a real professional stylist. I think the end result on her client looked good. I do however see some room for improvement with her flat ironing skills and trimming. I think she cut off a good amount of hair which looks good in the end, but her cutting movements were kinda choppy also, she needs more practice with using less heat to achieve her desired outcome. Flat ironing imo is a skill and it's a skill that needs to be honed. Having flat ironed my hair myself, looking at youtuber's flat iron their hair, gone to several stylists to get my hair flat ironed I can easily tell whose hand is skilled at what they do and whose hand needs some more more work. She has to find to a way to get hair more silky looking w/o soo many passes especially at 450 degrees. At first the hair imo looked stiff when she was flat ironing it, it wasn't until she was finished that the end product looked good.

I think Mo is GREATTTTTTTTTT at doing her own hair for sure !!!!

xxinsanexxchels

I liked what she did tbh. However, I feel I could replicate her results without using as much heat. I also feel like she should have taken her time when cutting the hair (this is why I don't go to salons except 1x/yr)

NGraceO

i was watching the vid trying to see what the op saw. i dont see it.

she used WAY too much heat. in straightening the hair and then going back to curl the hair:nono: i sure hope that girls hair bounces back. i watched on mute so i didnt hear if she plans on always wearing her hair straight or not.

then that cut was so sloppy:nono: i cant believe she even thought that cut was good enough to be filmed.

and while i dont mind a good trim she was hacking off way too much. she didnt even attempt the smooth the chiles hair with a comb.

Her trim method didn't look very professional but she did need that cut, her ends was bad, it looked better after she cut it. I could never do spirals with a flat iron, only do the little bump on the end and that's it. But I'm not for direct heat so I don't want to learn, I'm not trying to pick up any bad habits

The cut the stylist used is called a "universal" trim/ cut which is used to achieve seamless layers. I love this cut because although it LOOKS like she cut a lot, it is nearly undetectable. I learned this technique when studying cosmetology and is the one I use the most when trimming my hair & others hair (who request layers). Depending on the angle you use, you can achieve different depth of layers. In that regard, I think she did an excellent job. I also think the end result came out pretty.

The stylist however was very rough with her hair in combing it both wet and dry. Although this type of hair (my type) it is probably the most time consuming to detangle (and therefore frustrating, which is why it is tempting to force it into submission by combing it that way..thats one of the reasons I now texlax :lol:) it is SO fragile, and i learned from being natural, combing the hair this way (and using THAT much heat) only leads to split ends for dayyyyyys. Sigh.

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Ok, so I finally watched the whole thing, and I have to say my heart dropped once she flat ironed it before the trim, by passing it about 3-4 times, trim/cut atleast 4-5 inches for no reason, then flat burned it again to curl the ends.

That girl had atleast 4 inches of progress that needed the most a dusting get cut off in seconds. She can't be a professional, and if so, I would never let her use all that heat, and cut that much off on MY hair.

Sent from my lavish iPhone

Adiatasha

Ok, so I finally watched the whole thing, and I have to say my heart dropped once she flat ironed it before the trim, by passing it about 3-4 times, trim/cut atleast 4-5 inches for no reason, then flat burned it again to curl the ends. That girl had atleast 4 inches of progress that needed the most a dusting get cut off in seconds. She can't be a professional, and if so, I would never let her use all that heat, and cut that much off on MY hair. Sent from my lavish iPhone
4 inches? I don't think she had 4 inches cut. It looks like she had an inch , inch and a half cut. But her hair looks good.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
The final style was ugly to me. It actually looked quite old fashioned to me :yep:. I browsed through some of this youtuber's other videos and it seems that she uses lots of heat in general even on her own head which isn't even tightly curled.

CharlieEcho

As someone who has fragile/brittle hair, I wouldn't have allowed that much heat, use of the rattail comb or the number of passes used.
I also hate that style. It looked like the styles you see on those just for me relaxer boxes.

chebaby

The cut the stylist used is called a "universal" trim/ cut which is used to achieve seamless layers. I love this cut because although it LOOKS like she cut a lot, it is nearly undetectable. I learned this technique when studying cosmetology and is the one I use the most when trimming my hair & others hair (who request layers). Depending on the angle you use, you can achieve different depth of layers. In that regard, I think she did an excellent job. I also think the end result came out pretty.

The stylist however was very rough with her hair in combing it both wet and dry. Although this type of hair (my type) it is probably the most time consuming to detangle (and therefore frustrating, which is why it is tempting to force it into submission by combing it that way..thats one of the reasons I now texlax :lol:) it is SO fragile, and i learned from being natural, combing the hair this way (and using THAT much heat) only leads to split ends for dayyyyyys. Sigh.
cool. learn something new.
do you know how the hair looks once it reverts back to natural. cause the thing about natural hair is that different sections shrink more than others.

BostonMaria

I had WAAAY too much fun watching her cut that lady's hair
I rewinded it twice LOL

She did a fantastic job! Her hair looks gorgeous.

MuseofTroy

I love this girl's channel and I hope she blows up. I think it's cool that she is showcasing different hair types which will appeal to a diverse audience.

ManeStreet

She has color treated hair. She needed every bit of those ends cut off, they were in bad shape. It looks like she cut 2 inches. The pieces she cuts are shorter than the length of her finger.

NGraceO

cool. learn something new. do you know how the hair looks once it reverts back to natural. cause the thing about natural hair is that different sections shrink more than others.

When it reverts back it should still look like she has soft layers. If her hair grows out (rather than down) it will appear in this kind of shape: \O/ (My bootleg representation with the "O" being her head and the \/ being her hair), only not as drastic. It's a good cut for both curly and straight hair in my experience.

NGraceO