Shea butter ... cocoa butter?

Taina

Hi guys!
Well after several months lurking i finally ... ok no :grin:

I have this situation, i've been reading about all the wonders shea butter can do for us, and i've been trying to find a place to get it down here .. unfurtunatly is almost imposible to found it :wallbash:

So, i also read about some girls mixing cocoa butter as well, i definitely can find cocoa butter here, but i just want to know if i'm gonna have similar results with it, i used to use cocoa butter for my skin when i was a child, and i remember it was very dry and tick ...so it is ok if use it for my hair? do i have to mix it with another things to make it "usable"?

I will try to find the shea butter anyway, but i wanna now if i can use the cocoa in the meantime.

TIA
=)

BronzyBella

I usually order my shea butter from iHerb.com. They're shipping is really fast and the Now Foods brand, which is really good, is about $8 for 7 ounces.

Anyway, getting back to your question. I've considered trying to seal my hair or at least my ends with cocoa butter in the past. I decided that it would justs be too greasy, so I didn't try it.

Now I'm wondering whether anyone has pre-pooed with it (cocoa butter) and what the results were. It smells good and I'm assuming it would give great slip.

Maybe an uber small amount wouldn't be too bad though. I saw that Oyin Handmade's whipped pudding contained a little bit of cocoa butter (according to the ingredients list)

anon123

Shea and cocoa butter are not much alike to me. Shea is so much heavier. I did not find cocoa butter on my hair to be helpful. I also tried melting it in the microwave and putting it on as an oil. Still not much better. I prefer shea, olive, coconut, or castor oil to cocoa butter. It's not bad for the skin, though, and it's good to use in warmer months. In colder months, the best moisturizer I ever used for my skin was shealoe, a shea and aloe mix