• Classic

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mid Thigh

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Knee

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

GGsKin

It's nice to see this thread is still active.

I've been missing for a while but still been using my Shea. Overall, I've been pretty lazy with my hair these past four months. In February, in exchange for twists I had in for months, I installed some long braids. I maintained them by taking them out one by one, (occasionally washing:look:) detangling, moisturising, sealing with my whipped shea, and braiding them back up. They are still in.

I've been needing to whip up another batch of whipped shea since I scraped the tub dry but I've been busy with other things. So I've been using the raw shea with a light hand or mixing with bacuri butter to seal in the same way (on the occasions that I do).

VictoriousBrownFlower

It's nice to see this thread is still active.

I've been missing for a while but still been using my Shea. Overall, I've been pretty lazy with my hair these past four months. In February, in exchange for twists I had in for months, I installed some long braids. I maintained them by taking them out one by one, (occasionally washing:look:) detangling, moisturising, sealing with my whipped shea, and braiding them back up. They are still in.

I've been needing to whip up another batch of whipped shea since I scraped the tub dry but I've been busy with other things. So I've been using the raw shea with a light hand or mixing with bacuri butter to seal in the same way (on the occasions that I do).
yeah i've been lazy too.... who am i trying to impress right now anyway.... but our hair is benefitting big time because of the laziness

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
i remember when people had like a whole vitamin reggie. I've been taking viviscal, saw palmetto, a hair skin and nail liquid collagen and biotin combo and a liquid multi.... my hair has been doing great as far as thickening up and lengthening. Viviscal actually works....
I might need to partake in that Viviscal. Do you purchase it online or in person?

ItsMeLilLucky

lol, I have to cut it out sometimes :cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:I will have to reduce daily shea applications but I am becoming addicted to the daily applications :spinning::spinning::spinning: it makes me feel like the chebe women and that way i am sheaing into existence thigh-length hair as that's my goal
Maybe you can wrap your hair in plastic or microfiber to cover your hair to cut down on the lint

naturaldoll

I have been keeping up with the shea. i ran out of my shea mix around 3 weeks ago and am too lazy to whip another batch, so have been using straight butter again. I also started using cantu curl activator under my shea. I don't know. using it my hair seems frizzy, it feels dry when i touch it, but then it doesn't act like it's dry, so i don't know. I also switched from my two strand twists to 6 braids as my go to style, mostly because of laziness, like why am i gonna do the effort of all those twists to stay in the house? i'm still spraying my scalp if not every day, then every other day with xcel 21. and i have been taking msm for 5 weeks. today i noticed i could feel my back two braids at my bra strap, i have never felt that before.

ItsMeLilLucky

I have a confession to make:

Even though I have micro braids, I still use Shea in my hair. I take whatever style I have in out, spray leave in, take a small amount (it pains me cause I’m heavy handed and I wanna go ham).

Then I rub it between my hands, and kinda lightly massage in with my tips, while I go section by section. When the tips of my fingers no longer have products, I rub my hands together again to bring more products to my tips and repeat the process. I do it every few days, unless I’m really lazy then it’s probably once a week.

It’s probably why I keep losing braids :lachen:

LavenderMint

I’m back! Even though I’m chilling on the Shea for now, I used her most of this year so I’m going to share my progress.

Today I blew out my hair. Just below bra strap! I don’t know if it can really be compared to my last update here because I didn’t stretch my hair last time.

Attachments

• 98364CE3-E1BD-48A9-BA52-D19AC2362849.jpeg
    98364CE3-E1BD-48A9-BA52-D19AC2362849.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 31