• Mid Thigh

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Knee

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

PlanetCybertron

Sorry for the delay my lovely ladies!!!
But here we are! Happy new year to EVERYONE!! :dance7:
New year, and a new decade to unlock your hair growth and retention potential in 2020!

Last year was awesome, and all of you ladies posted the MOST gorgeous pictures!

Thank you to @Chicoro for keeping us all on track and motivated for the past years! We love and appreciate your intelligence, kindness, and lovely way with words. And @caribeandiva for showing nothing but fortitude, being absolutely beautiful!! And @ElevatedEnergy for being so innovative and inventive with those amazing Shea recipes.

So come on Unicorns! Let’s slay 2020, and salute the one and only Queen Shea herself!

Throughout the years, I’d like to propose that we all come together and nominate any Shea made hair unicorns we come across. All you guys have to do is @ me and I’ll post trophies. Doesn’t matter if the nominees are new, or returning champions.

I was also wanting to do something new and have us all start keeping Shea points.
Concept is as follows:
Every time you feel that your hair has been benefited even more than before by using Shea butter, you get points. So say you did a twist out, or braid out, and it’s looking better and better each time. Or you noticed outstanding retention from month to month, increased softness, shine, manageability, etc. You name it. If YOU feel like you see improvement in any area of your hair care, Shea points await you.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Ive also posted the poll, so we can continue to break through milestones.

So what do you say?! Let’s do this!!:yay::yay:

Last edited:

snoop

I'm in. When I joined last year, I didn't think that I'd still be using it. My hair HATED shea before. But now, I've managed to find particular ways to use it without it making my hair feel like rocks. In fact, it helps to help my hair look good.

Convert.

kim1006

I would like to join. In the past, I used Cantu Shea Butter leave-in but stopped after watching one of MoKnowshair YouTube videos in which she said you should limit the products you apply to avoid product buildup. Thinking back, I did not experience product buildup. I did, however, retain more length and had almost no split ends. I was also applying hair milk as well as other leave-ins. I am extremely anal when it comes to conditioning my hair.

naturaldoll

@Chicoro
I'm still reading old threads. I'm about halfway through the surge 14 thread, so I apologize if this is already answered in there, but I noticed you posted in it alot. Do you still use the surge/Xcel? Do you think it can be used with shea butter ? Xcel on scalp and shea on hair?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro
I'm still reading old threads. I'm about halfway through the surge 14 thread, so I apologize if this is already answered in there, but I noticed you posted in it alot.
Do you still use the surge/Xcel? Sometimes, but not often. I have some and add it to proteinize my homemade leave-in.

Do you think it can be used with shea butter ? Yes.

Xcel on scalp and shea on hair?

Do you still use the surge/Xcel? Sometimes, but not often. I have some and add it to proteinize my homemade leave-in.

Do you think it can be used with shea butter ? Yes.

Xcel on scalp and shea on hair?
Yes.

LavenderMint

Shea Yogurt is from Alikay Naturals. It’s a fluffy Shea butter that keeps my 4c hair soft and manageable. I can get it on the ground a Target, which is a huge plus. @LavenderMint
Ohhhhh. I’ve seen that, I think. Other Alikay products never worked for me so they kind of dropped off my radar. I hope it works!!