• Classic

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mid Thigh

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Knee

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

BonBon88

I started using shea butter again as of last week! I use Shea Moisture shea butter - I'm not sure how 'nutritious' it is on it's own since the brand is so mainstream now, but I added all kinds of good fatty oils to it to supplement. This and bunning has proven to be a winning combination for my hair and I plan to continue this into the New Year, finally using heat on my hair (straightening) on my birthday in January.

MizzBFly

I’ve been Ghost all this year in this thread. I was heavy in here last year so I kept my same regimen.
Too much stress w/ work from home and home school for the children, although blessed to be able to manage both like this I became the everythang!
I kept my hair in twists ALL year except when I took down, I wear it our for 5-7 days before washing. Oils and Shea slathered all in and through my strands.
I made waist length which was my goal this year, 2021 is full waist in the front, finer perimeter of my head, along with consistent trims for a blunt look which is a 2yr trajectory.
I always wash, dry, Bantu in six/ attached stretched bottom quadrant, 2nd pic on my body mirror the camera is more aligned.

Attachments

• CFE3CE19-358C-47CF-A3D4-A2B378C671E6.jpeg
    CFE3CE19-358C-47CF-A3D4-A2B378C671E6.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 0B644B86-716F-45EA-901A-634310A083FD.jpeg
    0B644B86-716F-45EA-901A-634310A083FD.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 27

caribeandiva

Human being
I’ve been Ghost all this year in this thread. I was heavy in here last year so I kept my same regimen.
Too much stress w/ work from home and home school for the children, although blessed to be able to manage both like this I became the everythang!
I kept my hair in twists ALL year except when I took down, I wear it our for 5-7 days before washing. Oils and Shea slathered all in and through my strands.
I made waist length which was my goal this year, 2021 is full waist in the front, finer perimeter of my head, along with consistent trims for a blunt look which is a 2yr trajectory.
I always wash, dry, Bantu in six/ attached stretched bottom quadrant, 2nd pic on my body mirror the camera is more aligned.
Congratulations!!

VictoriousBrownFlower

your hair is inspiring.... its beautiful..... i cant wait til my hair gets where urs is

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I'm back on the Shea butter train! I did a twist out with a butter last month, and decided to use shea butter as my styler this wash day and my braidout is ah mazzzing. SO light, soft and shiny! I'm back in love with Shea butter...bout to go and order a couple more jars, just in case :look: hehe

ETA: to add some pics
stunning job, you're stunning too, but that hair doesn't look greasy at all to me, using this post as a reminder to try this
edit: and I used Shea last night to gently detangle after henna/cassia treatment the day before. used it on top of already oiled hair (first oiled, after the henna thing, then used oil in AM -
Shea yesterday night, straight)

Cloudina Dreams

I'm joining the Shea Gang and in the middle of reading the 2018 thread. I need to get my hair back in order. On another note, I've been a luker (not a member) since 2005 and been silently thanking you ladies for revolutionizing my mind and my hair. I guess covid got me coming out of hiding and doing something different by finally making an account lol.

naturaldoll

I'm joining the Shea Gang and in the middle of reading the 2018 thread. I need to get my hair back in order. On another note, I've been a luker (not a member) since 2005 and been silently thanking you ladies for revolutionizing my mind and my hair. I guess covid got me coming out of hiding and doing something different by finally making an account lol.
Welcome!

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I’ll post this here instead of PM’ing in case it can help someone. @Chicoro
View attachment 459077
so y’all may remember how I had a massive setback back in September? I ended up starting over and BCing again in December. I still wasn’t sure what caused it. I finally saw my dermatologist and asked him about it 2 weeks ago. He examined my scalp and... diagnosed me with seborrheic dermatitis. He said because I was putting gel and oils on my scalp constantly, made it even worse. It caused temporary hair loss because of inflammation. He gave me Desonide cream to apply on my scalp every night. I’ve been doing it since then. And hallelujah, no more itchy scalp!! Which has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. Not to worry. My hair is growing back just fine though. I still do my LOC method every night with scurl, and flat twist my hair. I do twist outs in the morning and shampoo and condition weekly. My hair measurements are 4.5 inches in the back, 5.5 inches on the side and 6 inches in the top/ crown area.
this is really good information and not on everyone's radar. it makes sense. thank you. :rose: