• Classic

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mid Thigh

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Knee

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
i wish, i've never so much as shared a photo on here (not sure i know how) i don't think i could step into your footsteps with those gifs

When you lead a thread, you put your own personal stamp on it. If you believe you can't lead it, you are absolutely right. If you believe you can do it, you are right.

It's all about valuing yourself and the uniqueness of what you bring to the table. It's not a competition. You will make mistakes and you will learn things, too. You can potentially bring joy to the ladies and gents on this site.

So I'd say this has now gone beyond leading a thread. If you can build up your courage to step up and step out on this platform here on LHCF, it will be great practice and a great confidence builder for you to step out in the real world. I know from personal experience that doubting oneself can be exhausting. Stepping out beyond one's comfort zone is frightening yet it's exhilarating and freeing, too!

People on here appreciate it when you lead a thread. If you don't know how to do something, Girl, just ask somebody!

I believe in you. The question is, "Do you believe in yourself?"

Go on and lead this thread. Ultimately it really isn't about you, the leader of the thread. It's really about helping, encouraging, supporting and loving your fellow LHCF Sisters. We all could use more of that in all areas of our lives.

Last edited:

MizzBFly

stunning job, you're stunning too, but that hair doesn't look greasy at all to me, using this post as a reminder to try this
edit: and I used Shea last night to gently detangle after henna/cassia treatment the day before. used it on top of already oiled hair (first oiled, after the henna thing, then used oil in AM -
Shea yesterday night, straight)
Wow you way better than me, how’s your hair feeling?....I’ll have to juice my strands 2x with a leave in/ moisturizer for the next 2 days then seal it ALL in with Shea on the 3RD day after Henna!:rofl:

I love Henna! (I still have red growing out now:giggle:~But if you’re just starting out with butters~
Let me say, before I deal with mother Shea who slips and slides we know Henna leaves the strands thirsty, parched!

:hair: <—stiff hair ...no ma’am *pliability* stretch/bounce back for me is the key of achieving needed moisture particularly after our girl Henna :rocker:I’ll since you’re already Shea’d up I would mist my hair and do a baggy, steam all over. I don’t know anyone who would counter Ayurvedic can be drying. Stay with Mother Shea she seals it in TRAP! period.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Man I've been experimenting (and trying to keep it as professional + hygienic as I can with all my tools and methods so it stays good for longer) and
made a great shea butter balm (verging on cream) for hair AND skin!
It's gentle but chock-full of A+ ingredients. I'd have to pay a ton for it. if I bought a balm like this from a company!
And with this I have peace of mind knowing every last ingredient has been tested, traced, and certified safe + pure, with lab reports available for anyone to see (i.e. they're not hiding anything)

With store-bought stuff, you can't be sure where they're sourcing from, or what additives or impurities there are accidentally or intentionally from their suppliers--
since they're wanting profit more than anything.
It looked greasy when it was settling--- but it sinks in and feels jusssst right!
It also has a nice subtle fragrance which is awesome! I feel great, I'm finally using up all the stuff I purchased en masse (I still haven't completed courses and workbooks I purchased--, to learn to make fragrances properly over time - but I will get to it..this is just me being a hobbyist).

Yay! This broken foot has turned out to be a blessing, as kids aren't here to be at risk running around while I experiment.
I've made 3 but I left one by the door downstairs so their dad can pick it up to use on the kids.

Thing is, a lot of the ingredients are really expensive and good for skin and scalp.
I feel it's a shame to just waste it on sealing...so I'm thinking to test it out as a pre-poo scalp treatment.
It's not irritating in the slightest, but you never know how things will go with the scalp.

I was hesitant to use my disposable lab droppers for this, those are hard to come by--
so I overdid 2 fragrant oils a bit (for my taste - I wanted 1 or 2 drops max but it turned into 5-6 drops!).
It's not noticeable or pungent unless someone is really close, but it's not what I wanted exactly. I wanted it to be so subtle that you are left wondering if it's even there.

I made 3 of these, I'm really pleased!
balm.jpg

Cloudina Dreams

Man I've been experimenting (and trying to keep it as professional + hygienic as I can with all my tools and methods so it stays good for longer) and
made a great shea butter balm (verging on cream) for hair AND skin!
It's gentle but chock-full of A+ ingredients. I'd have to pay a ton for it. if I bought a balm like this from a company!
And with this I have peace of mind knowing every last ingredient has been tested, traced, and certified safe + pure, with lab reports available for anyone to see (i.e. they're not hiding anything)

With store-bought stuff, you can't be sure where they're sourcing from, or what additives or impurities there are accidentally or intentionally from their suppliers--
since they're wanting profit more than anything.
It looked greasy when it was settling--- but it sinks in and feels jusssst right!
It also has a nice subtle fragrance which is awesome! I feel great, I'm finally using up all the stuff I purchased en masse (I still haven't completed courses and workbooks I purchased--, to learn to make fragrances properly over time - but I will get to it..this is just me being a hobbyist).

Yay! This broken foot has turned out to be a blessing, as kids aren't here to be at risk running around while I experiment.
I've made 3 but I left one by the door downstairs so their dad can pick it up to use on the kids.

Thing is, a lot of the ingredients are really expensive and good for skin and scalp.
I feel it's a shame to just waste it on sealing...so I'm thinking to test it out as a pre-poo scalp treatment.
It's not irritating in the slightest, but you never know how things will go with the scalp.

I was hesitant to use my disposable lab droppers for this, those are hard to come by--
so I overdid 2 fragrant oils a bit (for my taste - I wanted 1 or 2 drops max but it turned into 5-6 drops!).
It's not noticeable or pungent unless someone is really close, but it's not what I wanted exactly. I wanted it to be so subtle that you are left wondering if it's even there.

I made 3 of these, I'm really pleased!
View attachment 466375
I love this! Isn't it so much fun experimenting and creating your own stuff? After I make a mix, it really makes me happy knowing I made something good for our hair and skin. Eventually I would like to dip into soap making. But for now I will stick with perfecting my shea butter mixes and go from there.