• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

Shea butter Growth and Retention thread 2021

yamilee21

here it is. I told y'all I fell off, I feel like my hair is shorter than in the OP. Plus this is my first time straightening in 10 years, so I had no idea my ends were so choppy. Do I need a cut?

I resist cutting as much as possible, but my ends were similar (more lopsided though), so I sucked it up and cut. How does it look when your hair is gathered together, as compared to spread out over your shoulders? The scissor-happy stylists on Instagram seem to spread the hair out more, as in your picture, in order to cut more off on purpose, but I always suspect that less would need to be cut if the hair were gathered together.

ETA: Never mind, @Chicoro gave you great advice in the other thread. :D

Last edited:

Chicoro

From Shea Butter Hater to Shea Butter Caker!
When I saw this woman's hair, I IMMEDIATELY knew she used Shea butter in her regimen:

She wrote me a little note. Here is her video with her using her Shea butter mix. In the video she says she mixes Shea butter, castor oil, sweet almond oil and some un-named essential oils.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Salutations to all! It's definitely been a while. I cut my hair on 3 December. I couldn't tell you the length, but it's too short to put in a bun. I'm enjoying it. I'm currently doing a hair detox, so I have refrained from using Shea or any oils to that matter. So far, my curls are doing great. We'll see what the future holds.
All of the dye is gone. I'm rocking my nature color and I love it. Hopefully, the picture comes out okay.
Please don't mind the background. I'm at the in-laws.

Edit: Photos
54803D5F-A173-49EB-8D8A-140759D49640.jpegF2C4041C-E73C-47E1-9153-1182F24BC36F.jpeg56C51F50-535E-4DAB-B94B-CD5EE3FBF697.jpeg

Last edited:

Chicoro

Salutations to all! It's definitely been a while. I cut my hair on 3 December. I couldn't tell you the length, but it's too short to put in a bun. I'm enjoying it. I'm currently doing a hair detox, so I have refrained from using Shea or any oils to that matter. So far, my curls are doing great. We'll see what the future holds.
All of the dye is gone. I'm rocking my nature color and I love it. Hopefully, the picture comes out okay.

Edit: the picture won't upload. I will try again later.
Waiting for the repost of the picture!!!!

Chicoro

Edit: Photos
View attachment 477929View attachment 477931View attachment 477933
Is it shoulder length?

Black Ambrosia

Found another Shea butter user. She is relaxed, too!

Thanks for sharing. I like how light and moisturizing this appears to be. I may try it soon. I really want to get better about my hair habits. WFH has been great in minimizing the times I put heat on my hair and I've been able to run without the stress of worrying about how my hair looks but I've become lazy. I wash my hair, put it in a protective style, and forget about it. I'm not moisturizing regularly and I end up spending too much time detangling before the next wash day. I know better habits will be good for my hair and my scalp.

Chicoro

Thanks for sharing. I like how light and moisturizing this appears to be. I may try it soon. I really want to get better about my hair habits. WFH has been great in minimizing the times I put heat on my hair and I've been able to run without the stress of worrying about how my hair looks but I've become lazy. I wash my hair, put it in a protective style, and forget about it. I'm not moisturizing regularly and I end up spending too much time detangling before the next wash day. I know better habits will be good for my hair and my scalp.
What is WFH? Yes, her product is gorgeously light! Unfortunately, tangles can set your length goals back quicker than almost anything else. Tangles are dangerous for our Afro hair, as it relates to length retention.

Black Ambrosia

What is WFH? Yes, her product is gorgeously light! Unfortunately, tangles can set your length goals back quicker than almost anything else. Tangles are dangerous for our Afro hair, as it relates to length retention.
Sorry. It's a common acronym here for working from home. One positive of the pandemic is not going into the office so lots of manipulation is eliminated.