Shea butter is so.....THICK! Relaxed heads???

taz007

Any relaxed heads use shea butter as a leave in? How do you like it? How do you use it?

I just tried some raw shea butter post henna and I am now under a double baggie (I have a baggie on my pony tail ends and a whole head baggie on. Don't ask :look:).

The shea butter is just so THICK.

MoMo

I use it once a week as a leave-in and I use a medium amount but I go overboard on my ends. It usually lasts all week for me when adding a little coconut oil to my hair daily.

MummysGirl

I don't use it as a leave-in, I use it as a sealant/moisturiser.

I mix it with Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera gel, result is fluffy and soft.

I usually moisturise with my homemade spritz and lightly seal with my mix.

I use it as a moisturiser when I have braidouts/twistouts because the spritz just messes up the curls.

charmtreese

I have a sheabutter based moisturizer that I use...when Im moisturizing my hair I apply more to my ng than I do my ends....at night I seal with a small amount of castor oil.

sprungonhairboards

I use it as a moisturizer. I buy it in bulk (5pds) so it comes soft but in a solid block. I mix it with virgin coconut oil and whip with an electric hand mixer. It's then light and fluffy and easily spreadable and absorbs faster. The more you whip it the lighter and less greasy it get's. It's almost whipped cream texture when I finish. I use it on my hair and daily on my skin.

HeChangedMyName

I use it as a moisturizer. I buy it in bulk (5pds) so it comes soft but in a solid block. I mix it with virgin coconut oil and whip with an electric hand mixer. It's then light and fluffy and easily spreadable and absorbs faster. The more you whip it the lighter and less greasy it get's. It's almost whipped cream texture when I finish. I use it on my hair and daily on my skin.

I think I may try this. Do you do something to soften up the shea butter to prepare it for the mixer?

sprungonhairboards

I think I may try this. Do you do something to soften up the shea butter to prepare it for the mixer?

No it's already soft enough to blend easily. Especially once I add the the coconut oil. If it wasn't I guess I'd let it sit in the sun for a while or pop it in the microwave to get it the consistency of a soft stick of butter.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use 100% African Shea Butter as a Mix with other Oils to Seal from time to time. However, I may use it alone to see how I like it.:yep:

Thanks Taz for the Idea........:look: