Shea Butter

Rae81

I see alot of you use shea butter, a while ago i used something with shea butter in it and when i went to my hair dresser she asked my what i put in my hair and i told her and she told me not to use shea butter or stuff with it because it weighs the hair down.So because of that i stay away from shea but would like to try it just to what it does to my hair. Have any of you noticed it weighing down your hair. When i used it that one time a while ago i used a spray that had shea butter and avacado oil in it.

asubeauty

I use shea butter a lot, but I'm natural, so I'm not tryna get that swang... :lol:
I use my shea butter mix (shea butter, EVCO, EVOO, wild black african honey, and a fragrance oil) on my damp hair after my leave in. I usually do twists, and my hair stays soft for a week. If I were relaxed, I wouldn't be so heavy handed with it. Maybe just on the ends...

Rae81

yeah i am relaxed, i see alot of products like butters have shea butter in them and i wanna try them but dont want it to weigh my hair down. Any relaxed ladies use shea butter?

Rossy2010

I use it and im relaxed. it leave my hair so moisturized. I mix it with EVOO but i try to put half/half. I use hot Evoo oil then mix the shea butter. I had a major set back and my hair went back to being dry and was shedding sooo badly. Thats when I opted to use shea butter and my hair is back on track healthy and moisturized

Tangie

Your hair will only be weighed down if you use a lot. I am relaxed. I use a shea butter/evoo mix and a little goes a looooong way. So, don't be heavy handed and you should be okay.