Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

hairqueen7

I want to join been using my african shea butter as a sealant with no oils, straight pure . In a month or so will be adding only coconut oil to it, cant wait to see if it actually helps retain length

imaginary

I'm in. I recently decided to give raw shea butter another try anyways. Been adding it to my DC's and sealing with it raw for the past month and my moisture levels have been awesome.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I used Shea Moisture Restorative Elixir to seal in my leave in the day before yesterday.

PlainJane

I have been using pure shea butter but I'm not crazy about the smell. Is there a way to get scented shea butter that is still pure and raw?

imaginary

I have been using pure shea butter but I'm not crazy about the smell. Is there a way to get scented shea butter that is still pure and raw?

Most people I know just make mixes with different essential oils like lavender or orange to combat the smell, but Shea Moisture and Nubian Heritage also have infused shea butters. Those are only 4oz though and I've never personally tried them.

Dilettante

I just bought some shea butter this weekend (not sure it's the greatest quality) and have been using it plain to seal. I might make some kind of mix but I honestly don't know where to start.

bronxsoloist

I was thrilled while going through that young woman's fotki
and realizing that her regimen was KISS (with a lil shea love)
I've always felt that the easiest way to long hair would be
the simplest of ways. Only after adopting my own KISS regimen
in 2012 that I was finally able to keep some damn hair on my head.
I'm almost at the point now where my hair is the longest it has ever been.
This excites me and scares me
What if this is my terminal length?
Will I be able to maintain my length?
Just overall black girl hair anxieties.

Anywhoz my KISS regimen has led me to mostly
raw organic home made recipes.
About a month ago I bought from bulkapothecary.com
shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, almond oil, coconut oil
I melted these, added some fragrant african oil, and whipped it up
My wife and son tried to eat it.
My mom tried to sell it at her job (midtown fragrance company)
With a jar of this by my side, and Miss Bum Length hair's fotki on my screen, and LHCF in the split screen, I knew a Shea Challenge was underway. (As well I advocated for it)

Long story short Shea Butter and all it has to offer, gives me life.
It helped me keep my hair moisturize when I was transitioning
from color treated hair back to my natural color.
Keeps my hair soft and ends silky.
I like the whipped creamy version as opposed to the hard raw butter
it smooths into the hair better and no need to melt it down to get it
to a consistency that I can actually rub in thoroughly.

I am in love with my Shea Cream :) and will it religiously
throughout the rest of 2014 and all of the 2015 to achieve
hopefully maximum length retention.
My goal for the end of 2015 is Waist Length :)
I believe the Shea will get me there

Ok I'm done lol

MsKinkycurl

I've been using shea for almost a complete year and my hair loves it year round. I'm almost done with my current shea mix which is almost exactly the same as Naptural85's with the addition of argan oil. Planning on leaving argan oil out of my next batch. I think since it is absorbed by the hair it left holes in my sealant so to speak. It still worked well because of the warm weather, but I need something heavy duty for the cold weather.

Thinking of mixing small amount of shea into my favorite mid weak liquid oil so that I can add it to my hair evenly without messing up my style.

I think that the best part about shea is that makes the benefits from wash day products last longer. So don't forget to keep your most nourishing products in your wash day regimen to reap the most benefits ladies. Good luck!

toaster

I purchased 70%shea butter/ 30% coconut oil from whole foods. Will use it to seal my ends every day.

PlainJane

I didn't use shea butter during wash day the other day after my leave in because I wanted my hair to air dry quicker and my hair isn't nearly as soft, shiny, and moisturized. I'll be cowashing soon and adding shea butter this time. It really does make a difference

imaginary

Decided to add a dime sized amount of Shea butter to my ends before putting on my DC last week and I'm really impressed with how soft my hair was during the week.

Dilettante

I made my first shea butter mix today! I used shea butter and cocoa butter and then stirred in small amounts of coconut oil, flax seed oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, rice bran oil, pumpkin seed oil, and jojoba oil (just a little dribble of each). I also added some Ayurvedic herbs and some orange essential oil since the cocoa butter gave it a very strong chocolatey smell.

The texture isn't perfect, because I don't have an electric mixer, but I used it to put my hair into braids for the night and my hair feels great.

toaster

Oh my goodness my hair is so soft. I regularly use products with shea butter in the ingredients list, and I always used a butter mix to seal my ends when I moisturize my dry hair, but using this shea butter/coconut oil mix on my wet hair before setting gave me such shiny and moisturized hair. I'm loving this so far.

LivingInPeace

I'm deep conditioning under the dryer. I'm using a shea moisture deep conditioner and I added melted shea butter, castor oil and sunflower oil.

ThatJerseyGirl

I am glad we have this thread. I have noticed that all naturals with long hair had a common denominator. They used some type of shea butter mix!

Now, let me go back to watching my Dallas beat the Deadskins!

Blairx0

I am glad we have this thread. I have noticed that all naturals with long hair had a common denominator. They used some type of shea butter mix!

Now, let me go back to watching my Dallas beat the Deadskins!

I am not in this challenge, but I had to come in and express my joy over Dallas losing to the skins. A lose to such a sorry team and a division loss. How sweet for us eagles fans!! Okay back to lurking

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Washed my hair tonight and sealed with the shea butter mix. Will be in a bun until next wash day. Not sure when that will be.

ThatJerseyGirl

I am not in this challenge, but I had to come in and express my joy over Dallas losing to the skins. A lose to such a sorry team and a division loss. How sweet for us eagles fans!! Okay back to lurking

ROFLMBAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Blairx0 - Now, you know I'm bitter today, right! My phone has been going off non stop ever since. I literally laughed out loud when I read this ....

lamaria211

Yesterday I received my order of raw organic Shea Butter and I was so excited that I decided to wash and DC before I used it. While in the shower my 5 and 2 year old boys thought mommy had bought them some playdough:( I almost cried

imaginary

Yesterday I received my order of raw organic Shea Butter and I was so excited that I decided to wash and DC before I used it. While in the shower my 5 and 2 year old boys thought mommy had bought them some playdough:( I almost cried

Oh wow! How much were you able to salvage? :nono:

bluenvy

Sign me up please. Just brought Kuza creamy shea butter unrefined version. I plan to seal ends after wash days once to twice weekly. My currant hair length is Apl, thick and likes heavy sealants.