Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

PlainJane

Yesterday I received my order of raw organic Shea Butter and I was so excited that I decided to wash and DC before I used it. While in the shower my 5 and 2 year old boys thought mommy had bought them some playdough:( I almost cried
:lachen: I'm sorry but that is too cute and too funny!

I'm trying to see what kind of hold (if any) I can get using shea butter so I braided a small section of my hair to test it.

Does anyone here use shea butter and something for hold when their doing braid outs, twist outs etc?

AnjelLuvs

I'm trying to see what kind of hold (if any) I can get using shea butter so I braided a small section of my hair to test it.

Does anyone here use shea butter and something for hold when their doing braid outs, twist outs etc?
Yes, a lil eco-styler or this other curling gel...

toaster

:lachen: I'm sorry but that is too cute and too funny! I'm trying to see what kind of hold (if any) I can get using shea butter so I braided a small section of my hair to test it. Does anyone here use shea butter and something for hold when their doing braid outs, twist outs etc?

I use cantu naturals leave in and the coconut curl cream for my twist outs. I simply applied the shea butter to my wet ends over those products and rolled my hair because I stretched my hair for this twist out with rollers. Had I done a wet twistout I would have used the same "seal with Shea butter" method. My hair is very soft.

greenandchic

I'm in! I got some plain shea butter, Alaffia brand from Whole Foods on sale last week. I made a whipped butter adding olive oil, castor oil and coconut oil. Next time I will add the last of my cocoa butter.

I use it to seal my ends, my edges and nape.

bluenvy

I tried my shea butter on my ends, and it's definitely a keeper. My ends felt and looked silky soft. I'm happy with this purchase so far.

xu93texas

I'm in. I will purchase the ingredients to make Naptural85 recipe. I will try this instead of buying SSI Seyani Butter.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado

I do...
Usually shea butter alone provides medium hold on my hair. For extra definition I use shea butter & one of the following on wet hair:
FOTE aloe vera gel
Eco Styler (pink or Argan oil)
SM for Men Three Butter utility gel mousse
SM sheabutter leave in conditioner (original formula)
SM Coconut Hibiscus curl & shine conditioner
SM Yucca & Baobab volumizing conditioner

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

PlainJane

Thanks for the tips ladies, I'm going to try this later this weekend and will probably use a dab of Eco styler since it's very humid here. I'll try to take pics.

Off topic, but I used shea butter when I got out the shower last night on wet skin and I was kind of disappointed that my skin wasn't soft by the next day.

Rozlewis

I would like to join. I will be using a variety of products with shea butter. I will post as I use them.

ChristmasCarol

I'd like to join. I use the line made by YTber 1Ballerina: blensblend.com
It's all-natural and contain lots of shea. She also ships within a day or two.
She's been using shea to retain her growth for years. I think she's around classic length now.

Babygrowth

I would like to join too. Going to make my own creme sort of like Nap 85 as well as use products with Shea butter in them.

Leo24Rule

I've been lurking for years and signed up in 2011. I became an official member as of last weekend :lachen: because of this thread!

SIGN ME UP PLEASE :grin:

I started using Shea Butter summer of 2013 all because of a YouTube user by the name of 1ballerina (who uses nothing but Shea Butter and hair is to her tailbone) which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/user/1ballerina

I bought her own Shea Butter mix and homemade products, but I didn't want to wait for the shipment. After I decided to experiment with other hair products I became serious in sticking to the Shea Butter and decided to make my own mixtures and use only natural products. This past summer I sealed with coconut oil and since September it's been Shea Butter.

At the moment I use the Shea Butter mixed with grapeseed oil and apricot oil. I don't whip it with an electric mixer just an old fashioned fork. I apply to my hair daily.

Leo24Rule

I love and see a difference the Shea Butter has on my hair with daily use since September 2014. How do you ladies combat with the oiliness on the back of your neck, shoulders, clothes, and pillowcases? Goodness sake, it even has a heavy greasy residue on thee satin hair bonnets....

Alta Angel

I'm in! My staples are SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie and SM Hair Milk. I use either one of the products around 4 times per week to set my braidouts.

fletgee

I will be joining in, too!~

This will be a good way to use up the odds and ends of various oils I have.

toaster

Sealed my ends with shea butter after I washed, conditioned, and moisturized my hair tonight. I love how soft my hair feels and I've only been using shea butter consistently for a week.

bluenvy

I cowashed for the second time this week. I did loc method and wet bun, but I cannot put shea on wet hair. Creates an white residue that really bothers me.
Tonight I'll add shea to dry ends.

LivingInPeace

Wednesday night I melted shea butter to put in my deep conditioner mix. Then I used Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as my leave in and Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle to style my twists.

imaginary

Henna'd my hair today, so I added Shea butter to my ors replenishing conditioner DC. My hair is thanking me.

Gonna twist up my hair tomorrow and then during the week when I remoisturize, I'll seal with Shea butter.

toaster

I did my hair on Thursday and sealed my ends with shea butter while wet. I've also been sealing my dry hair with shea butter when I re-moisturize. Loving it.

Pennefeather

Joining. I'm using shea moisture caster oil leave in daily, and sealing with Naturelle Growth pumpkin butter which is mostly shea w some pumpkin oil.

SweetlyCurly

I would like to join but I won't be using pure shea butter...to heavy for my hair. I'll be using shea oil, shea moisture JBCO leave in and Jane carter leave in smoother. Both are shea butter rich

Barbara

Princess
Joining. I'm using shea moisture caster oil leave in daily, and sealing with Naturelle Growth pumpkin butter which is mostly shea w some pumpkin oil.

This sounds good. How does it work?

Do you mind telling me where I can buy these products?

Barbara

Princess
I'm in too. Will use the following:
Nubian Heritage infused sheabutter
butters-n-bars scented sheabutter
Tropic Isle JBCO Hair Food (sheabutter based)
El Shaddai sheabutter (from LHCF member empressri)

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

Let me know how these products work for you. They sound yummy.:lick: