Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Please educate me on a constant state of wet hair. I tried baggying with conditioner, and when my hair dried it was somewhat dry and brittle. I am relaxed & do stretch between relaxers. Did I do something wrong?

You can't let the hair dry. Conditioners that are made to be rinsed from the hair, but are worn and dried on hair over long periods of time WITHOUT being rinsed off, can dehydrate the hair and leave it hard.

Last edited:

Chicoro

On my way home this evening, around 7pm, I saw the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine here in France. It drove by so fast, I didn't have time to even THINK about getting my phone camera. But it wasn't too fast that I imagined it. I saw it for real. I loveeeeee Scooby Doo!

I couldn't believe it. First, my vanilla fragrance oil smells like a new Barbie doll, then I get a golden pail. And now this! Also, I was in a little bitty town, too. The tricked out Mystery Machine van just swooped on by as I was making my way to the train station on foot. Amazing!

I kid you not. I mentioned it here because I just used a gif of it up thread. It was one of the most instantaneous pleasures of my life! It was done more elaborately than the one in the video below.

Night night, ya'll!

Last edited:

Alma Petra

On my way home this evening, around 7pm, I saw the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine here in France. It drove by so fast, I didn't have time to even THINK about getting my phone camera. But it wasn't too fast that I imagined it. I saw it for real. I loveeeeee Scooby Doo!

I couldn't believe it. First, my vanilla fragrance oil smells like a new Barbie doll, then I get a golden pail. And now this! Also, I was in a little bitty town, too. The tricked out Mystery Machine van just swooped on by as I was making my way to the train station on foot. Amazing!

I kid you not. I mentioned it here because I just used a gif of it up thread. It was one of the most instantaneous pleasures of my life! It was done more elaborately than the one in the video below.

Night night, ya'll!
Congratulations on your recent coronation your majesty! What mark of fragrance oil did you purchase?

Chicoro

Congratulations on your recent coronation your majesty! What mark of fragrance oil did you purchase?

Thank you. Girl, why did you have to go and ask me THAT!
*Hangs head in shame and sighs deeply trying to work up courage*

The Wizard Cat

No joke. I told ya'll Amazon.Fr ain't got NUTHIN' good. Can you see the yellow cat eyes on the label?
Vanilla.jpg

Le Chat Sorcier is translated as The Wizard Cat. I bought the one for soap.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

ArrrBeee

It keeps growing and growing! Yay!! My hair feets have landed!! :pepper: My braids are touching my shoulders now! This is my 3 month progress View attachment 426996
You grow girl! Thanks for the official award.

@Chicoro

Congratulations queen of the unicorns. Hope you feel better soon.

@ThatJerseyGirl

I'm right there with you on not mixing lye. I'd probably burn my lungs.

I have a $50 budget for hair products. I just bought a pound of Shea, a pound of Black Soap, and some fragrance oil from P & J. I still have a few dollars left.

Alma Petra

Thank you. Girl, why did you have to go and ask me THAT!
*Hangs head in shame and sighs deeply trying to work up courage*

The Wizard Cat

No joke. I told ya'll Amazon.Fr ain't got NUTHIN' good. Can you see the yellow cat eyes on the label?
View attachment 427022

Le Chat Sorcier is translated as The Wizard Cat. I bought the one for soap.
Hehehe thank you Chicoro! It's not a bad-looking cat either lol

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Last night l took the time to love on my hair. I moisturized my twist then went through and lightly finger detangled each twist and slathered on my whipped Shea butter! Omg.... The twist were so silky and smooth! I'm happy with the process and will continue to do this every 3 days or so, washing with black soap and deep conditioning every 2 weeks.
Now, this morning I woke up with really smooth and silky face neck and shoulders!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::toocool::toocool:
Then notice that all my pillows and cases may need a wash today..lol :confused: but it's all worth it to get where I need to go...:afropick:....
Im not sure but I think my growth is at a stand still. Ive been in the same place all year. I have some extra shedding that I need to deal with and noticed just a little breakage but it still doesn't explain why I've not hit my mark.... hmmmmm Well this month Im gonna do a length check with pics :flahssssss: to get a good comparison of the last 3 months.... Im excited to see the results either way!!!

Chicoro

Congrats Queen Shea Muva @Chicoro on your Unicorn award. From the first post I ever read from you talking about the aloe Vera pre-poo....I just knew your were some kind of special. And then you go talking about how much you love Piggly Wiggly and all I could think was that

View attachment 427020

May you continue to reign supreme!

*Greasy Shea High five*

Let's not do it too high or with too much force. We might slap one another up side the head if our hands slip. You love Piggly Wiggly, too?

Jade Feria

YASSS Queen Unicorn of Shea @Chicoro!!! Congratulations!

So I whipped up some of the 3CayG Shea this week. It was SOOO soft. WAY softer than the Shea from the store in the plastic container. I realized that it DOES NOT need a lot of oil to "soften" it, as does the other Shea, but it does need to be whipped a bit longer, as I have little bits of solid Shea in the mixes. Next time I will use *minimal* oil.

I made a few body butters, a hair butter, and repurposed and combined my previous Shea hair mixtures.

kupenda

Y’all are WILDIN in here :lachen:

Also, texted Bae to apologize for the shea stains I left on his bedspreads last night. Whoops! I’ve got him using shea on his skin as well(winter weather irritates him). To the point that he keeps helping himself to my butter. I shot him a look last night like ummmmm sir :angry2:. It’s mine and I’m being generous by sharing. Each lil scoop you take costs me $.29 and a whole day of shea butter-lessness. Cool your jets or buy your own