Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

icsonia22

My hair normally feels pretty dry the day after wash day. I could never seem to properly moisturize freshly washed hair. It's almost as if the water acts as a barrier and prevents my moisturizer from penetrating my hair. I switched things up and added the whipped Shea butter to my freshly washed hair after using my moisturizer. Then I put my hair into about 10 braids. I didn't expect much in terms of retaining moisture for my day 1 post wash, but I was pleasantly surprised by the difference the Shea butter made. My hair felt extremely soft, clumped in some areas, greasy and most important moisturized. It doesn't have that crispy feeling it normally has the day after a fresh wash.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Some new intel has come through, Sirens and their Mermaid cousins are threatened by Shea Made Hair Unicorns and those unicorns in the making. They feel that we're overstepping our human hair bounds. They are gangster and hood! They think they have the monopoly on super-long hair.

Any deep sea cruises planned? Perhaps protective styling might be in order. In the least, just keep your eyes open and your wits about you while on deck, when your hair is in view of the ocean.

They've infiltrated the land, are among us and are technologically savvy!

And don't be out there swimming and run up on one who's hair is slightly shorter than yours...

Chicoro

My hair normally feels pretty dry the day after wash day. I could never seem to properly moisturize freshly washed hair. It's almost as if the water acts as a barrier and prevents my moisturizer from penetrating my hair. I switched things up and added the whipped Shea butter to my freshly washed hair after using my moisturizer. Then I put my hair into about 10 braids. I didn't expect much in terms of retaining moisture for my day 1 post wash, but I was pleasantly surprised by the difference the Shea butter made. My hair felt extremely soft, clumped in some areas, greasy and most important moisturized. It doesn't have that crispy feeling it normally has the day after a fresh wash.

Congratulations on the positive changes in your hair! It's really important to put on moisturizer, then to put on the Shea butter after. That rinse water is sealed in tight on your hair. The Shea Clump is a good sign that things are working well for your hair. Good for you and your hair!

Chicoro

Shea Butter May Keep the Hair Wet and Moist and Increase Your Hair Drying Time

One thing about Shea butter is that it DOES keep the hair 'wet' longer. That can be a benefit and a hindrance. It's great for keeping our tresses soft and moist. But, in colder weather that may cause one to fall ill due to having long bouts of time with wet hair.

It's just a matter of awareness and knowledge. Be safe on these Shea greased streets.

So, if you are in the midst of cold weather, please be sure to calculate the possible 'extra' long drying time you may experience when using Shea butter.

Other than that, I think Shea's quality of keeping our hair super moist is hugely beneficial to gaining length and retaining healthy longer hair.

Mermaids and Sea Sirens, we Shea Made Unicorns are coming for you!

Last edited:

Chicoro

I've been touching my hair a lot both yesterday and today. Smoothed on some of my shea mixes on my ends....yes, I'm using both. One mix (the old mix) melts easier than the other.

Get your hands out your hair! And dip them in your Shea mix. It's a moving violation to touch your hair without any butter on your fingers. A ticket might be in order, young lady!

Chicoro

Disclaimer 1: I always get permission to post people's photos.
Disclaimer 2: I DO NOT Grease down visitors to my home without their consent. They usually ask me first!

This is my friend from America. She is Nigerian American, first generation. She is an accomplished young woman and is over her studying at the university in France.

Inevitably, the topic of hair comes up. So many women need help with their afro-textured hair. She said to me that she wanted to know how long it would take to grow her hair to her waist.

I gently elongated her hair and I said, "Ahm, it's already waist length." She couldn't believe her hair was that long. I was like, "Who been combing your hair for you to not know your length?" :giggle:

You should have seen the surprise and joy on her face when she realized she was at waist length! hair is super thick and absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was super dry and thirsty. She told me she was thinking of cutting it because she was just not sure how to manage it.

Shea Butta to the RESCUE!!!

Here is the photo when she 'discovered' the length of her hair:

Kim1of12.JPEG

First, I had to get it soft and pliable so not to break it.

I used a spray bottle filled with plain, warm water to soften the hair so that I could detangle it. Then I applied Scurl and let it rest in those bantus.

Next, I applied a Shea butter mix I created for her and my other friend that was there.

I just my fingers for 98% of the time. I never, ever combed through her hair. I only used a comb to section her hair so she can do the NO COMB METHOD with relatively clean parts that she can retain over time.

She is very, very tender headed and rarely parts her hair. She told me she could never lay her hair down before. She says that she has never seen her hair this straight and manageable. And that her hair has never 'hung' [heavily] like this before. She just couldn't believe how a little bit of water, Jheri Curl Juice [my words] and Shea butter transformed her hair. AND with just fingers.

Unicorns are magical...
She had no idea that she was in the midst of one. Shhhhhh! Don't tell her!

Kim4of12.JPEG

Kim2of12.JPEG

Kim30f12.JPEG

This is the hair when it is buttered down with Shea and I began to braid the hair. Her hair stayed wet a long time.

Kim5of12.JPEG Kim6of12.JPEG

I did her hair on Sunday afternoon. This is her hair today, on Tuesday. She loves her hair. I taught her how to pull it back in ponytail and how to baggy it if she wants. I also taught her my ends routine with castor oil. She has 20 braids.

Kim13.JPG Kim14.JPG

Close up of her braids after they have dried.

Kim15.JPG

Last edited:

icsonia22

Disclaimer 2: I DO NOT Grease down visitors to my home without their consent. They usually ask me first!

This is my friend from America. She is Nigerian American, first generation. She is an accomplished young woman and is over her studying at the university in France.

Inevitably, the topic of hair comes up. So many women need help with their afro-textured hair. She said to me that she wanted to know how long it would take to grow her hair to her waist.

I gently elongated her hair and I said, "Ahm, it's already waist length." She couldn't believe her hair was that long. I was like, "Who been combing your hair for you to not know your length?" :giggle:

You should have seen the surprise and joy on her face when she realized she was at waist length! hair is super thick and absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was super dry and thirsty. She told me she was thinking of cutting it because she was just not sure how to manage it.

View attachment 427747

I used a spray bottle filled with plain, warm water to soften the hair so that I could detangle it. Then I applied Scurl and let it rest in those bantus.

Next, I applied a Shea butter mix I created for her and my other friend that was there.

I just my fingers for 98% of the time. I never, ever combed through her hair. I only used a comb to section her hair so she can do the NO COMB METHOD with relatively clean parts that she can retain over time.

She is very, very tender headed and rarely parts her hair. She told me she could never lay her hair down before. She says that she has never seen her hair this straight and manageable. And that her hair has never 'hung' [heavily] like this before. She just couldn't believe how a little bit of water, Jheri Curl Juice [my words] and Shea butter transformed her hair. AND with just fingers.

Unicorns are magical...

View attachment 427753

View attachment 427749

View attachment 427751

This is the hair when it is buttered down with Shea and I began to braid the hair. Her hair stayed wet a long time.

View attachment 427755 View attachment 427757

I did her hair on Sunday afternoon. This is her hair today, on Tuesday. She loves her hair. I taught her how to pull it back in ponytail and how to baggy it if she wants. I also taught her my ends routine with castor oil. She has 20 braids.

View attachment 427761 View attachment 427763

View attachment 427765

Her hair is amazing! It's so dense and long. So many little girls from my neck of the woods have gorgeous tresses that look exactly like hers, but sadly their hair never reaches it's full potential due to improper care. I hope there comes a time when seeing hair like your friend's hair is just as common as seeing a head full of bundles. No shade to rocking weaves. I love my wigs too but I love it more that I can use them to protect my hair instead of feeling like I need ghet in order to hide unattractive hair.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Do you wet or moisten your hair before applying Shea butter in between washes?

Oh yes ma'am! For the first application after wash day, I will use my moisturizer first then apply Shea butter. For the 2nd application; I usually don't need a moisturizer...I'll either mist it with rose water or distilled water to make it pliable then apply Shea butter. The third application is usually like the first. Wash day usually follows a few days later.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Lol the gif world is still hatin smdh.

I've also noticed that my hair is thicker and heavier. All the new hairs I noticed a few moths ago have gained in length. But you are right @Chicoro, I've touched too much.

To reset, I think I'll wash it today and lovingly smother with Queen Shea

I saw that! He gave you a major side eye while punishing you, but smiled a bit at the end to let you know he was writing the ticket out of love and for your own good! :lachen:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

View attachment 427747

Unicorns are magical...

View attachment 427753

View attachment 427749

View attachment 427751

View attachment 427755 View attachment 427757

View attachment 427761 View attachment 427763

View attachment 427765

She and her hair are both lovely!

Whenever we *cough* have our stateside meet up, please make sure the venue has a sink. Imma meet you in the back, so you can wash my hair and slather me up with Shea butter. I can sit back and relax cause I know you will be gentle, treat my hair like it's your own then send me on my way with my very own Chicoro whipped Shea butter!

Last edited:

bjade757

She and her hair and both lovely!

Whenever we *cough* have our stateside meet up, please make sure the venue has a sink. Imma meet you in the back, so you can wash my hair and slather me up with Shea butter. I can sit back and relax cause I know you will be gentle, treat my hair like it's your own then send me on my way with my very own Chicoro whipped Shea butter!
Shuffles over to stand in line behind Elevated...shoot, I'm tender headed too.

Chicoro

I’m sure it wasn’t your intention, but this sounds like the first line of an erotic story.

You just nasty, girl!

It DOES sound like an erotic novel! What book you got on your night stand right now? :giggle:

I am so glad you pointed that out. I'm just inadvertently sharing prose from a possible forthcoming new novel:

"Shea Tales From Abroad: Greasing 'Em Down 2- American Style"

Featuring Chicoro, The Slipping and Sliding Queen: Her butter will dirty up your sheets, every time!

Last edited:

Aggie

I just double boiled 8 ounces of Shea butter, 2 ounces of grapeseed butter and 2 ounces of jojoba butter and have it currently sitting in the fridge. I will be blending it up with some calendula oil, coconut oil, and some fragrance oils later this afternoon. I want to do something special for my body and my hair. I will update later on what I will be mixing for each.

caribeandiva

Human being
Some new intel has come through, Sirens and their Mermaid cousins are threatened by Shea Made Hair Unicorns and those unicorns in the making. They feel that we're overstepping our human hair bounds. They are gangster and hood! They think they have the monopoly on super-long hair.
They might be hood but we ghetto!! Us unicorns don’t hesitate to cut a bih.. That was then:
E5D5598E-C129-472B-9710-896699E0A404.jpeg

This is now: Ready to attack!
4A59217C-CDBB-4F02-A4C0-A3C5BD8B77F7.jpeg

Them mermaids betta put some respek on our names
9809EC3F-BA38-4358-A3B0-FEE865A97615.jpeg

Chicoro

They might be hood but we ghetto!! Us unicorns don’t hesitate to cut a bih.. That was then:
View attachment 427819

This is now: Ready to attack!
View attachment 427821

Them mermaids betta put some respek on our names
View attachment 427823

I don't know about all that bravado @caribeandiva.
Mermaids don't be playing. I know how they roll.
I suggest all unicorns keep 'they' hair covered.
I just don't want nothing to go down on the set.
The Shea -Made Extravaganza needs to be fun and peaceful.
I'm telling you, Sea Sirens and Mermaids are gangster when it
comes to competing with them and their hair length. They only
want to be representing in the world of super long hair.

Gangster.jpg

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
This is what Shea butter does to my hair and what I mean when I say that I no longer have to intentionally stretch my hair on wash day anymore with rollers, braids or twists:

IMAG1657.jpg

See how the roots are already stretched just by applying Shea butter?

And this is how it clumps my hair: The side that my hand is on is what my hair looks like the day after Shea butter has been allowed to soak in and deeply condition and weigh down my hair. The side next to it is after I've separated the strands from each other and removed tangles with my fingers. Even more stretch.
20180403_152224-777x1245.jpg