Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

sunnieb

Here's my mix:
20180412_103510_resized.jpg

- Shea butter (unscented)
- extra virgin coconut oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- jojoba oil
- vitamin E oil
- castor oil

I whipped it until the texture was what I wanted. I see why y'all love this stuff! It made my hair so moisturized! Not sure how I'll incorporate it in my hair routine, but it will be used!

Also scooped some in a jar for my mom. Her natural hair will love it too!

GGsKin

My hair feels good and strong after my protein treatment but I need more DCs. Two or three days ago, I gave my hair a moisture injection with APB creamy Hair Pudding, topped with my whipped Shea mix. The second day, my hair felt really greasy but we know how that goes lol.

Last night I dampened my hair with water and used a bit of both Shea mixes to smooth my hair back into a banana clip for bed but it looks good so I'm keeping it like this for today. It's rare for me to style it in one without braiding or twisting the front, and I realised the overall fullness of my hair as I coerced it into the clip. Hopefully, this one can last for a good long while.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Ha!!!!

I fell asleep with my wig on over my Scurl+Shea butter twists. Since I wear a plastic bag over my hair under my wig, all that heat and moisture was trapped.

So I let the twists dry again, and unraveled them. Had no time to apply gel, as planned.

My hair is definitely moist. A little greasy. Kind of looks Jheri Curl -ish. Short instead of elongated. I'm rocking it. Lol.

I'll apply gel tonight when I retwist to preserve the style.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Ha!!!!

I fell asleep with my wig on over my Scurl+Shea butter twists. Since I wear a plastic bag over my hair under my wig, all that heat and moisture was trapped.

So I let the twists dry again, and unraveled them. Had no time to apply gel, as planned.

My hair is definitely moist. A little greasy. Kind of looks Jheri Curl -ish. Short instead of elongated. I'm rocking it. Lol.

ETA:
The major thing I'm focused on right now is determining whether this combo helps with prevention of knots.

caribeandiva

Human being
Ha!!!!

I’m glad it worked for you! That’s the combo I use and my hair loves it!

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
*Look At How Good My Whipped Shea Is!*

I had to have surgery last week on Friday (April 6), so the plan was to knock out my hair a few days early so that I wouldn't have to worry about it while I'm recovering.
Sooooo, on Tuesday Aril 3rd I simply moistened my hair with water, then sprayed my hair with S-Curl and braided my hair into about 16 Ciely plaits. I kept my hair covered since then. Today I'm feeling a little better so wanted to give my hair some TLC. What I found was my hair is still silky, smooth and very well moisturized!
In the first pic you can see my hair unbraided after 11 days! It's still shiny and soft and amazing! In the second pic you see it once I've misted it with water, finger detangle and twisted with my whipped shea! My hair is bomb... I'm hurting really bad so I've only done 2twist. Im not worried because I know my Shea got me covered!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180414-193126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180414-193126_Gallery.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20180414-193541_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180414-193541_Gallery.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 64

Daina

*Look At How Good My Whipped Shea Is!*

I had to have surgery last week on Friday (April 6), so the plan was to knock out my hair a few days early so that I wouldn't have to worry about it while I'm recovering.
Sooooo, on Tuesday Aril 3rd I simply moistened my hair with water, then sprayed my hair with S-Curl and braided my hair into about 16 Ciely plaits. I kept my hair covered since then. Today I'm feeling a little better so wanted to give my hair some TLC. What I found was my hair is still silky, smooth and very well moisturized!
In the first pic you can see my hair unbraided after 11 days! It's still shiny and soft and amazing! In the second pic you see it once I've misted it with water, finger detangle and twisted with my whipped shea! My hair is bomb... I'm hurting really bad so I've only done 2twist. Im not worried because I know my Shea got me covered!

Praying for a speedy recovery! Your hair looks nice, moist and juicy...Queen Shea has magic powers!