Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
You need to quit playing @NCHairDiva , showing us some thick, gorgeous, cotton, rope yarn you bought- trying to pass it off as YOUR hair. :giggle:

Look at that shine at the roots in the first photo. It's magnificent! That twist is pretty perfection! How long have you been using Shea butter?

Thank you soooo much. Im planing on an length check to see if Ive reached WL as soon as I feel a bit more healthy.
I started usinging The goddess of Shea in Decmber. When I had TWA I used it faithfully until I started to wear wigs. However, my sons who are all at HL use it with every braid down!

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I think we got another Shea-Made Unicorn in the house!!!!!

I, Chicoro, hereby nominate and induct @NCHairDiva into the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on this day of Monday, April 16th, 2018.

Congratulations!

Gallop on down slowly, and join the herd. We don't want to disturb those stitches.

@caribeandiva, you got that gorgeous, golden bucket, Girl?

OMG! Im sooooo excited. Somebody grab my medication cause Im going to need it after I do this Beyonce strut down this runway!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
What do you mean "ate off my scragglies"? It broke your hair off??? :eek:

No, honestly, I need a trim. So, I had like literally 8 hairs that I was holding onto, in each braid, that got tangled. If you have raggedy, raggedy ends, do not do an Aphogee treatment. Raggedy is defined here as having about 4 strands 4 inches longer than the rest of your hair.

bjade757

No, honestly, I need a trim. So, I had like literally 8 hairs that I was holding onto, in each braid, that got tangled. If you have raggedy, raggedy ends, do not do an Aphogee treatment. Raggedy is defined here as having about 4 strands 4 inches longer than the rest of your hair.
Ahhh, ok I understand.

tapioca_pudding

Yes! I ended up ordering more. I initially purchased 10 pounds from Cleopatra. Then I heard about what 3cayg stood for and wanted simply just to support, so I ordered 10 pounds from them. And then when I got it, it was so magnificent...that I went back in and ordered 25 more pounds. :blondboob: I am on a Shea buying ban for the rest of 2018 or at least until I finish my Cleo stash and 1 block of my 3cayg stash.

View attachment 428885

But in my defense, I use tons of Shea butter for home and business use...
DH supports all my shopping habits but I would LOVE to see his face if 25 lbs of shea showed up at our doorstep :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Imma try it and see. :look: :sekret:

Chicoro

I ran a comb through all my braids last night. I still consider my process a No Comb Process. Lots of hair came out. And that's to be expected since I've been using fingers only for months upon months.

I did a pre-poo treatment, washed, did an Aphogee treatment and then a deep condition treatment.
This was the first time I put Shea butter into my deep conditioner. My hair drew up with the Aphogee treatment. I've forgotten how drawn up it can get because the Shea butter really does elongate afro-textured hair.

bellebebe

What about using the reconstructor? I’ve been using that instead of the 2 step protein treatment & my hair is noticeablly stronger after each use. Also, what about hydrolyzed wheat protein? I think you add it to your conditioner? I’m not sure.

Chicoro

What about using the reconstructor? I’ve been using that instead of the 2 step protein treatment & my hair is noticeablly stronger after each use. Also, what about hydrolyzed wheat protein? I think you add it to your conditioner? I’m not sure.

Hey @bellebebe !
The reconstructor is pretty mild and works similarly to a regular conditioner, so no worries there. If it's working for you, keep using it. Hydrolyzed protein is usually a component or individual ingredient, and one of the types of proteins in a protein conditioner. One can add it to their conditioner, but I don't usually add it.

Chicoro

Shea butter and Aphogee 2 Step:

When retaining length with Shea butter, if your hair begins to drop in length, it may do so a few strands at a time. This is how my hair grows.

I've learned that Aphogee 2 Step can tangle up those new strands, forever. I lost many of my little straggles of hair. Thus, you may want to hold off using Aphogee 2 Step until you are ready to heat straighten and trim!

guyaneseyankee

For me, being divinely feminine is my purpose. Self love and rituals are all part of the beautification process for the feminine.
When we as feminine women take time to be still, drop into wombspace, meditate we see the beauty in ourselves and the world.
Rituals are all part of keeping me feeling and looking good.
On wash day, I usually set time aside to do hair, shave, nails, etc. Staying centered in me and feeling good. (Loving on myself)
After I condition my hair, I detangle my hair and smoooooth my shea butter mix down the sections. I make love to my hair. I treat it like fine silk. I would never rip through my hair. in impatience. And now that I am a Shea-made Unicorn , the process is even easier making it more spiritual than work

Does that make sense?:blush2:

caribeandiva

Human being
For me, being divinely feminine is my purpose. Self love and rituals are all part of the beautification process for the feminine.
When we as feminine women take time to be still, drop into wombspace, meditate we see the beauty in ourselves and the world.
On wash day, I usually set time aside to do hair, shave, nails, etc. Staying centered in me and feeling good. (Loving on myself)
After I condition my hair, I detangle my hair and smoooooth my shea butter mix down the sections. I make love to my hair. I treat it like fine silk. I would never rip through my hair. in impatience. And now that I am a Shea-made Unicorn , the process is even easier making it more spiritual than work

It makes perfect sense! Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Aggie

Girl @guyaneseyankee, you are speaking my language all up in this post! Whoo! I love alla dis @bolded mama!

caribeandiva

Human being
I saw this cute gift set at Bath and Body works today and it reminded me of you @Chicoro . You’ll never guess what I found inside!
1D3A6692-367D-470B-B5CF-8F6E3F3929F3.jpeg

Shea butter stuff!! What are the odds?! If that’s not a sign from the universe I don’t know what is.
DED20C8F-CBEB-451D-A366-DDADE99E690A.jpeg

On my way out I noticed this display in the front
2DCF5F88-831E-4CBA-80BF-AB2FC261D558.jpeg

Shea butter is the hottest thing since slice bread apparently. It’s in everything right now!

Chicoro

I LOVE IT @caribeandiva !!!!!!! Thank you for the gorgeous photos and the intel. Good work, Agent Unicorn #1.

What are the odds? Pretty good when folks be creepin', spyin' and stealin'. :abducted::greedy::ghost::giggle:

Black women drive hair trends and a whole bunch of other trends. I saw a girl on the street yesterday, in France, with a shirt that said, "Keep it real!"

It is so natural for us to be innovative that we don't realize how influential and cutting edge we are. The difference is that now with Social Media, when 'somebody' borrows something from us, we can trace it back and substantiate it.

It was BLACK AMERICAN women who drove Shea butter's popularity, in the United States, as it relates to hair and skin. Many of the African women I encounter in France do not use Shea butter on their hair. I encounter about 3 generations: daughters, mothers and grandmothers.

In addition, the ones who tend to wear it on their hair get it from YouTube videos. Created by whom? Black American women. Black American women are super-powerful women and tremendous influencers. The difference is, we don't get accolades and contracts and cash. People steal from us without compensation or acknowledgment of our contributions.

This creates the ILLUSION and the lie, that what we do and are- are not valuable.
All I have to say is:

Yeah. Don't.You.Believe it!

Realize the incredible power and strength that you wield. I've lived out of the
United States off and on for 10 years and 'student's' of American Culture,
defined as foreign people who love America, start out admiring America in general.
These same people start to dig deeper. When they come away from
their 'investigations', they are floored by Black American women's
contributions, intelligence, graciousness and beauty.
But who cares about what somebody else thinks.
Just because someone has not 'written' about it,
does not mean it's not so.

...just my two cents...

Last edited:

Chicoro

Cocobutter and Shea butter, two of my favorite combinations. Yummy! That display and store are wonderful. That store is not in France. Somebody needs to open a Bath and Body Works here. They have the Body Shop, but it's not the same!

I need me an 'American fix'. I'm fiending for it. Can't get back home to the US just yet, though. I want me some Bath and Body Works Shea butter products, a dill pickle from the liquor store, a Jolly Rancher Cherry stick and to see all those bunches and bunches of Black women doing incredibly well and flourishing financially, on a daily basis in the States. Ah, the things one misses from home...

There's no place like home...There's no place like home...

Last edited: